DOA5LR (Casual) suggestions for Team Ninja

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Burai Zenin, Demon's Church, Azuchi

Future Ninja (Busa), Neo Ein

Hayabusa to get his fireball back. Full 60 frames and all. It had to be charged for so long and 66k is no longer the same move so it's not guaranteed anymore...really don't think it's a big deal.

KING JAIMY

Stages:

1. Freedom Survivor (DOAD)
2. Azuchi (DOA3)
3. Fallen Miyama (DOAD)

Costumes:

1. Jann Lee C2 (DOA2)
2. Momiji Indigo Happi (NG3)
3. Ryu Hayabusa C3 (DOA2)

Other:

- Improved netcode
- New tag intros/outros/tag throws --> Rig + Phase 4; Marie Rose + Eliot (examples)
- DLC crossover from DOA5U to DOA5LR
- New ranks for online, after Ruby: Sapphire, Amethyst, Diamond.
- Bring old movestrings back --> Zack (236PPP), Helena (PP2KP), Hayabusa (PP6KP)
- New playable characters (Irene, Raidou)

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'll give it a try.

Stages - N/A (I'll be coming back to this one, it would cool if we had 1 stage with the stairs throw at least.)

EDIT: Actually, that and a stage with many breakable objects stacked up together.

Costumes - Akira's Black Gi (w/ headband color swap using the trigger buttons and long hair addition) *Anything Leon & Tengu related as well.*

-Remixed theme in DOA style for Akira (either one, Ride Tiger or Statues)
-His other missing 3 intros and other 2 missing win poses.
-Tag intro and win pose with Hayabusa & Kasumi (It's a main character thing.)

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayabusa to get his fireball back. Full 60 frames and all. It had to be charged for so long and 66k is no longer the same move so it's not guaranteed anymore...really don't think it's a big deal.
Of all the wonderful moves Hayabusa could get back, you choose that?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Of all the wonderful moves Hayabusa could get back, you choose that?
This is a casual suggestion thread so I opted to avoid talking about anything else. I would love crouching state 2k back, handstand stance, his amazingly awesome elbow from the older games, and for him to take the training weights off that he put on in 5 since you asked.

Brute

Standard Donor
This is a casual suggestion thread so I opted to avoid talking about anything else. I would love crouching state 2k back, handstand stance, his amazingly awesome elbow from the older games, and for him to take the training weights off that he put on in 5 since you asked.
I want to be able to Izuna off cliffs with a rail again. He could always do it no problem in past games, but now in 5 suddenly a tiny rail stops the mighty Izuna so now we won't be able to izuna off of Crimson?

That's BS. @KwonJigglypuff go ahead and add that to my "other suggestions" thing. I want cliff izunas over rails back

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Stages:

1. Aerial Gardens (DOA2U)
2. Koku An (DOA2U)
3. Demon Church (DOA2U)

Costumes:

1. Eliot C2 red hoodie (DOA4)
2. Ayane C6 Millennia's costume (DOA2U)
3. Ryu Hayabusa C3 ninja bodysuit with hair down (DOA3)

Other:

- proper antialiasing in the PS3- and 360-versions too.
- proper wind physics in all the characters victory animations.
- DLC crossover from DOA5U to DOA5LR.
- buff Eliot!!!
- new costumes for all of the male characters
- addition of a cinematic camera mode in spectator/watch mode, just like in older DOA games

R2Pichu

Dear Team Ninja,
Please change Ayane back to the Ayane from DOA5
because I don't like this 1P+K to spin around
I liked the 11 short cut...and wtf is a 7P+K Power blow? I dropped her, I'm just hoping u love me and change it back :)
Also you can take out Ein :p
Give Mobeezy more moves so not every Mobeezy player looks the EXACT SAME
Please give Phase 4 some moves too
As a matter of fact how about everyone getting a minimum of 100 moves and maybe 1 advanced counter
And can u make Christie's taunts as rude as Ayane and Momiji or sexual idc, I just want something with Christie
Oh and also please let Kasumi's 4H+K become a sit down stun, love u long time
One last thing, can u make Pai as strong as Tina lol jk, Made u laugh u love me now u can do like 3 of the things I requested
maybe ad a customizable color costume thing but not as MORBID as Tekken's. That way we dont have to deal with ur palette swapping FTW on DLC yaaasss
Love you lots Muah
Sincerely,
R2Pichu

Cadaveri

STAGES:

• Demon's Church
  • Dragon Hills
  • Burai Zenin(doesn't have to be 100% copy, but I want a stage with tons of rain/thunder/lightning)

COSTUMES:

• Ein DOA3 C1 (or something similar)
  • Christie DOAD C5
  • (though in all honesty, I'd rather get fan made costumes atleast one per character) ^^

OTHERS:

• Better netcode (this is one what counts the most)
  • More Intro/Win poses
  • Rachel open hair, Tina brunette ^^ + overall more hair options for everyone
  • Similar lighting that doa5 alpha had(though I'm sure we wont be disappointed by the graphics on ps4/xbone versions)...

Last edited:

LittlePrince-Helena

Here's what I would like:

STAGES:

- Great Opera;
- Demon Church;
- Seaside Market;

COSTUMES:

- Helena Opera Dress;
- Christie's trenchcoat;
- Helena C2 from DOAD;

OTHERS:

- Fixing hair and cloth clipping;
- More intro/win poses (both single and tag);
- A better way to customize hair and accessories (more in the vein of the arcade select screen).

Darkton93

STAGES:
-Miyama with elements of both DOAD versions (Sacred Miyama's top layout, Fallen Miyama's second floor) and both Sacred and Fallen colors
-Freedom Survivor
-Azuchi

COSTUMES:
-Jann Lee's DOA2 Main (everyone else has their DOA2 main costumes, why not Jann?)
-DOA4 Main costume for Zack
-Bankotsubo outfit or swap for Nyotengu

OTHERS:
-Raidou to join the fight, based off his DOAD incarnation but without Torn Sky Blast
-Genra to return without projectiles, but with sword attacks
-Revamped arcade mode, with 4th and 7th fight being cutscene fights (use cutscenes from Story Mode) and a final boss like Alpha, Phase 4, or Nyotengu
-Slope Stage Breaks and their corresponding throws
-Rebalance Sarah and Gen Fu at least
-Color edit, so as to not only make your own color swaps (like Bayman's DOA1 C3), but also to reduce the existing number of them
-Less emphasis on fetish outfits
-Every single DLC outfit on disk
-Unique Great and Greatest win poses as opposed to just the same ones over and over
-More win poses in general (especially for Zack)
-More tag animations (Helena and Gen Fu, Helena and Bayman, Helena and Marie Rose)
-Expanded Story Mode featuring 5U and DLC characters

Xernuht

Stages:
  • Freedom Survivor (DOAD) [Note: fights should start in Helena's office]
  • Kyoto in Bloom (DOA4)
  • Not a real legacy option, but a Vigoorian stage based on NG/NGB/NGS.
  • If that doesn't count, Burai Zenin (DOAU)
Costumes:
  • Ayane - C4 (DOAD)
  • Zack - C1 (DOAD)
  • Momiji - Indigo Happi (NG)
Other:
  • All characters (including DLC) have a minimum of 4 unique tag interactions, all full (intro, tag throws both ways, win pose). For example, Nyotengu with Ryu, Momiji, Rachel and Ayane (partial confirmation from the trailer).
  • An early DLC set or on-disc set for cast-wide costume swaps, done similar to Mila's C10 (recognizable, but tweaked to make it hers)
  • Remove Gen Fu's string delays and make H+K holdable.
  • Real hair options for all females (not just tweaked hair decs *coughMariecough*)
  • Glasses/eyewear for the whole cast.
  • Buffs for the bottom tiers and Hayabusa.

Ivan

Stages:

Seaside market

Azuchi

Kyoto in bloom

Costumes:

Hitomi c5 (doa4)

Helena c2 (doa3)

Momiji indigo happy (ng)

Other:

more cosutme,win/intro/tag pose for every characters

more costumes(and please no more stupid costume like clown/soccer) for Hitomi with her fav color on it(sky blue is her fav color not fucking green)

nerf top tier buff the other characters

give to Hitomi her GB back( i should not be at fucking desavantage if i charge the last p of pp4ppp and variant) make the K of pp6pk to be a mid kick (its funny when people duck under pp6ppp then hold the last p on reaction)

more real hair options for everyone

give to Genfu a kamehameha move xD

Kronin

Great idea @KwonJigglypuff ! Like you said I left out big things (as new characters) or implied ones (as better netcode) in the "Other" area: hoping to have been always respectful of these criteria in my requests; if this wasn't so, be free to ignore in the count such requests not fulfilling your OP.

Stages:

• "Demon's Church" (the DOA2U version)
  • "Seaside Market" from DoA4
  • "Temple of the Mountain" from DoA4
[Like I said more times I really love DOATEC HK, but the design of the stage - under a gameplay point - it's really resembling of Crimson and so could be a waste now to include it under this point of view; I also excluded Aerial Gardens from my list because I'm sure that TN already got enough requests for it, so I prefer to give the priority to other stages that I like :p]

Costumes:
  • Gen Fu DoA2U C3
  • Ayane's DoA3 C1
  • Ein's DoAD C1
(For a major clarity, I posted the pictures of the outfits under the spoiler tag):
DOA4_Genfu_C2.jpg
ayane02l.jpg
dead-or-alive-dimensions-ein-render.png

[I made the same reasoning for the stages, there are other outfits that I really like - as Christie's and Leon's red trenchoats - but seeing as already other people have requested for them, I given the priority to others... Maybe it's a mistake, but I really wasn't able to exclude the three in my list...]

Other:

Concerning Team Battle Mode:
  • Option to select any kind of tag stages in the Team battle mode;
  • Possibility to get any kind of victory poses at the ending of Team battle mode;
  • Option to play Team battle mode against the CPU choosing the team's member for it;
  • Return of the graph about what member of your team defeated what memeber of the other one, at the end of Team battle mode;

Concerning Survival Mode:
  • Return of the exclusive objects for characters during the Survival mode (and consequently a gallery for seeing them as in DoA2U wouldn't be a bad idea);
  • Return of the ranking stat about the number of people defeated at the end of the Survival mode and the objects collected;

Concerning Tag Mode
  • Return of Tag intro & outro absent from the old games (specifically Gen Fu & Helena 2 intros and outro, Gen Fu & Brad Wong intro and outro, Tina & Bass 2nd intro, Ein & Jann Lee outro);
  • Would be great to complete, if not all of them at least almost, the Tag repertorie of the couples already existing in the game: for example Ayane and Ryu have unique tag throws but not special intro and outro, Ayane and Eliot have unique intro and outro but not special tag throws, Hayate and Ryu have unique tag throws and outro but lack of a special intro; This of course is valid even for the VF guest Jacky (lacking of intro and outro with Akira).
  • If new tag teams have to be added, I think that should be given the priority to the ones including he new additions of DoA5 and 5U (and eventually 5LR) naturally lacking of them. A special mention for Helena that IMO have so many potential partners in the game given the plot of the series (Zack, Lisa, Bayman) but that for some reasons never ended to get something with them and overall for Alpha-152 (please, show some love even for her...);
  • Make the gravity of the Tag Mode the same of the one present in the Single Mode [I believe that this fix alone could resolve many broken problems of the current Tag].
  • Addition of the Buddha Danger Zone in Tag Mode playing the "Sky City Tokyo" stage

Concerning Online Mode:
  • Additions of an online Team Battle (as for DoA4) and the inclusion of an online Survival (@TOBMAST3R presented a nice idea on TN's FB page for it:
    R8qLqEw.jpg
  • Implementation of a new kind of lobby different from the "Winner stay" where any player has the possibility to challenge other people in the same lobby without having to wait their turn to challenge the absolute winner in charge. Something like this is already implemented in VF5:FS;
  • Inclusion of a limit of consecutive times where it's possible to refuse to play a ranked match: for example you can deny a ranked match for 3 consecutive times but at the next invite you are forced to play against the opponent if he want play against you. After the match your count of possible refused matches is resetted to 0. [ I think that this could be a nice idea, let me know if you see some problems with it].

Concerning General Changes/Additions/Returns:
  • Customization available for all the roster and not only for the female cast and few males:
  • In particular include loose hair options for Brad, Hayabusa, Momiji and Rachel as I saw requested more times;
  • In particular, add the customization option to put on/off masks for all the ninja of the roster (so kunoichi included) while they are wearing shinobi outfits;
  • In particular add the possibility to show the "Grip of Murder" on Ryu's right arm as customization option for his outfits;
  • Add the possibility to see the accessories and the hairstyles for the character during the selection as already happens in DoA5U Arcade;
  • Possibility to customize just like happens in 5UArcade (so through a window selection as partially implemented in the movie section) and not through the pressure of buttons on the controller as done currently;
  • Include a Random filter for the Outfits as already included for characters or stages;
  • I would love to get at least another Cliffhanger on an a new stage or implented in one of them already presented. Would be perfect to make it a middle way like in the Flow stage, where the players have the possibility to go for a cliffhanger or for a more traditional fall being both of them present, so to satisfy everyone.
  • Outfit specific Power Blows (This is a great idea in my opinion! Another concept from TOBMAST3R just as the next one):
    9643Bxw.jpg
  • Down Up the hat! (not fundamental, but would be a nice addition too):
    QAp55k8.jpg
  • Add a "rival" 7th stage match for characters in Arcade mode (e.g. Leifang would fight Jann Lee, Marie Rose would fight Helena, Hitomi would fight Hayate/Ein, etc.) - idea from @werewolfgold;
  • Have the final arcade match be against Alpha-152 or Phase-4 - idea from werewolfgold;
  • Add the HUD in the console version included in DoA5U Arcade;
  • Restore the bio of the characters (Name, Work, Age, Birthday, ecc...) when selected in single (at least in a fighting mode as Arcade);
  • Add at least a third victory pose for Zack and Alpha-152 (possibly a new one for each character, but I think that these two characters have the priority on all the other ones having only 2 ending poses);
  • If more poses will be added, it would be nice to include more of the "personal ones" (i.e. the one of Ayane's with Ryu & Hayate, or Bayman's with Leon). The old games have plenty of such unique intro or victory poses in single;
  • The most iconic victory pose of the series is very likely the one of Kasumi teleporting herself away from the battle; this was added in DoA5U in her tag outro with Hayate/Ein, but would be nice to get even something similar in single mode;
  • Make the only story mode victory poses for Hitomi and Jann Lee available also in the standard matches of the game.
  • I think that a little focus should be put even on the introduction single poses: some characters have 2 different lines using the same animation (i.e. Ein), other just 1 line for 1 animation (i.e. Lisa). Would be great give to all the characters at least 2 different intro poses for animaton and text;
  • Include in the movie section even outro tag poses and intro single and tag poses (of coursr I mean for the tag only the unique ones)
  • Add at least the DoA1 OST and the VF5FS Themese for the guest characters: I think that these should get the priority, then would be nice to get even DoA2U/4 remixes, DOAD tracks and past VF music themese for the guests; Some soundtracks from NG as "An Hero Unmasked" would be great too;
  • Possibility to personalize the music of the game assigning tracks even on specific stages (and not only on specific characters);
  • Return of the the possibility to change the waether, or even more simple the time from daylight to night, in some of the stages as happened in the past: these examples by the DoA fan Aileen (@OreoMilkBlast on Twitter) are great IMO:
    818095131.jpg
    784544900.jpg
    BgVqYlUCcAAsWZb.jpg
    784670991.jpg
    784675499.jpg
  • Would be nice more options to unlock the outfits similar to the one of the Arcade (collecting pieces of puzzles, performing specifical feats with the characters as happened in DoA3, or similar);
  • Release not always but at least constantly, with the new DLC additions for the game, original outfits, outfits for male characters and VF ones and skins for Alpha-152... (not sure if I can ask for it, but I try).
  • Please restore the original teleport effects for Ryu, Hayate and Ayane (so show respectively leaves, black feathers and butterflies during their animations and not more the generic wind);
  • Considering that many people seem to have problems with Ryu's face (personally I'm fine with the current face), I think that could be a good idea to change his face for the throback outfit. Another editing of Aileen seems to show pretty well a face that could be perfect for the new style and at the same time recalling of the one showned by Ryu in the old DoA:
    Bu8EJGmCUAE9JOR.jpg
Concerning Language Fixings:
  • Fix the sub and dub of the third intro of Brad Wong (that doesn't present problems in the Japanese language, but in all the rest of them). This is the line in question: 「柔と剛、虚と実を持って制す。」"Gentleness and vigor, lies and truth, obtain [them] and know [wisdom]";
  • On a personal note, Marie Roses 's line during the lose pose appear in Deutch selecting the Italian subs, would be nice to fix it [I don't believe that this will end to be the most voted requested fix XD].
Concerning Game Fixings:
  • Fix the typos in the profiles of some characters appearing in the screen of the "Dead Or Alive" Stage;
  • Fix Phase-4 animation Victory Tag Pose;
  • Fix the online glitch concerning Nyotengu (the screen appearing black and white for the players attending to the match - not the partecipants - after performing with her a powerblow online);
  • Fix a problem with Ein's taunts: they can't be used during the announcement of the matches (The "Get Ready... Fight!" part), neither attribute to the players additional if used in the Arcade and Survival modes.

PS: Very likely I forgot something, so expect an edit for this last section XD
PPS: I know that I wrote too much for the last section, but it wanted really include everything or almost is in my mind

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Stages:
DOA2U:

The Arial Gardens

DOA3:
Azuchi

DOAD:
Freedom Survivor

Costumes:
Hayabusa:

DOA2U C6

Ein:
DOAD C1

Hitomi:
DOA2U C4

Stage varients:
Sunset Zack Island
Storm Sakura
Snowy Forest

EDIT:
Custom options:
Hayate:

Ability to add/remove leather mask with L1/LB
Ability to chnage hair to classic DOA3 - DOAD with RB/R1

Hayabusa:
Ability to remove mask and replace with Ponytail with L1/LB, or Loose hair with L2/LT
Ability to add a mask to C11(Legacy) with R1

Ein:
Ability to change hairstyle to classic DOA2 - DOAD with L1/LB

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Stages:
DOA2U:

The Demon's Church
The Arial Gardens

DOA3:
Azuchi

DOAD:
Freedom Survivor
Suspension Bridge

Costumes:
Hayabusa:

Fan-made
DOA2U C6
DOA2U C8
DOA3 C3
DOA3 C2(white recolour)

Ein:
DOA2U C6
DOA4 C2
DOAD C1
Hitomi:
fanmade costume (preferably red shirt ^^)
DOA2U C4
DOA4 C2

Hayate:
Something new
fanmade costume
DOA3 C2 (green recolour)

Stage varients:
Sunset Zack Island
Storm Sakura
Snowy Forest

EDIT:
Custom options:
Hayate:

Ability to add/remove leather mask with L1/LB
Ability to chnage hair to classic DOA3 - DOAD with RB/R1

Hayabusa:
Ability to remove mask and replace with Ponytail with L1/LB, or Loose hair with L2/LT
Ability to add a mask to C11(Legacy) with R1

Ein:
Ability to change hairstyle to classic DOA2 - DOAD with L1/LB

Please only choose 3 stages and 3 costumes (one per character, so for three characters only).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD