Character Select screen leak

P2p1mbs

Could this mean the DLC will be released at a very slow pace?

In 5, DLC characters got released every few months for ultimate while for last round, Naotora and Mai got released much longer. Lets hope if they have many DLC characters planned, they can release every few months like 2 months between releases.

As for DLC costumes, that will likely be the same as before with a new pack (mostly all girls costumes) every month.

Rachel: After one of his bases was blown up, Donovan finds a new lair for his plans in the Vigor Empire, where he discovers some high fiend's corpse who can help him improve his human modified weapons. Rachel joins Ryu Hayabusa one more time to protect her country from a new maniac.

Momiji: The Mugen Tenshin and Hayabusha clans join forces to confront Donovan one more time. Being worry about her master's mission, Momiji secretly joins the battle.

Sounds like good ideas but since they are going to be DLCs, its likely their involvement in the story will mostly just be participating in the tournament like their backstories for 5 ultimate explained. Any more would be complicated as the story would have to be revised since they are going to be added.
Standalone chapters similar t what you suggest could work as long as it doesn't conflict with what happens in the main story.

Atahotaku

Sounds like good ideas but since they are going to be DLCs, its likely their involvement in the story will mostly just be participating in the tournament like their backstories for 5 ultimate explained. Any more would be complicated as the story would have to be revised since they are going to be added.
Standalone chapters similar t what you suggest could work as long as it doesn't conflict with what happens in the main story.

Yeah, I know they won't going to bother in giving these two an actual plot, and I will be very surprised if they did. But also, we should take in mind that both Rachel and Momiji are Hayabusa's allies, so wherever he goes, this two can fit too with no problems.

P2p1mbs

Yeah, I know they won't going to bother in giving these two an actual plot, and I will be very surprised if they did. But also, we should take in mind that both Rachel and Momiji are Hayabusa's allies, so wherever he goes, this two can fit too with no problems.

Nyotengu at least is confirmed in her announce trailer to have a story mode despite not being in the base game. Phase-4 will likely have an addon story as well. This could mean Rachel and Momiji can get standalone stories as well.
The same could apply to any other (non-guest) DLC characters though I highly doubt either Leon or Gen Fu would have new stories since their stories concluded in 3.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I like @KasumiLover's idea of having a new character from the Hajin-Mon Sect. That would be dope. Preferably a guy since we all know the women will come regardless.
Plus it would give TN an excuse to use Genra's move set since he's the only character from old games who has yet to have his move set reappear in the DOA5 series, but idk if they would go with that over bringing back Leon or not?

Mayor-Of-Mustard

anyway, i hope these slots are brand new characters. eye want a younger male character. around eliots age. with softer features.

i agree, it would prevent the Eliot Harem ft. Brad from happening
how about a dude with very long hair, maybe 18-23, and he's some sort of rocker guy with piercings like this dude called Muse from Destiny Child? He can be the Norweigan of DOA now that we have someone from Sweden and someone from Finland xD
Not sure what fighting style he'd have though
latest

Boogie

We love a filler character with no story being in base roster. A legend. An icon.
But for real the character placement gives me anxiety it’s a lil messy.

RIGHT? i've been trying to figure out what order are the characters in and they are just slapped in there just like DoA5s. like they could've done alphabetical order, tier level or something.

N1ce Dreams

RIGHT? i've been trying to figure out what order are the characters in and they are just slapped in there just like DoA5s. like they could've done alphabetical order, tier level or something.
Yeah true, the only ones that seem some what right is Marie & Helena beside eachother and Brad and Eliot. The rest is too random. XD

SaihateDYNAMO

Yeah true, the only ones that seem some what right is Marie & Helena beside eachother and Brad and Eliot. The rest is too random. XD
they seemed to have done the character layout based on opposite sides now.
kasumi/ayane, ryu/hayate, marie/hannukah, and diego/nico make sense as pairs. bayman/raidou could probably be story related? same for eliot and hitomi as well (one word: rawr!)

Ninoasker

they seemed to have done the character layout based on opposite sides now.
kasumi/ayane, ryu/hayate, marie/hannukah, and diego/nico make sense as pairs. bayman/raidou could probably be story related? same for eliot and hitomi as well (one word: rawr!)
Yeah, I noticed that too, but the opposite sides seems to be only for the ninjas, and for the rest they just add them in the middle based on their connections.
Like, we have Eliot/Brad and Lei/Hitomi (remember that these two pairings had some scenes on 5 together, too), Rig/Bass (they worked together), Marie/Helena (maid and master), Lisa/Tina/Mila (the wrestling-themed trio + both Lisa and Mila are connected to Tina)...

Still, there’s some weird ones, like Jann being thrown in that spot is just too random lol... same for Christie, Diego, Bayman... these don’t really seem to be connected or opposed to any of the characters...

I think these are the most obvious distributions (also notice how the ninja team are distributed in a way that they form a square):
F2290FFD-12B2-455E-ADAE-0968599B154E.jpeg

For the rest I just don’t see any kind of connection relevant enough to be together tbfh.

juliusxcix

Yeah, I noticed that too, but the opposite sides seems to be only for the ninjas, and for the rest they just add them in the middle based on their connections.
Like, we have Eliot/Brad and Lei/Hitomi (remember that these two pairings had some scenes on 5 together, too), Rig/Bass (they worked together), Marie/Helena (maid and master), Lisa/Tina/Mila (the wrestling-themed trio + both Lisa and Mila are connected to Tina)...

Still, there’s some weird ones, like Jann being thrown in that spot is just too random lol... same for Christie, Diego, Bayman... these don’t really seem to be connected or opposed to any of the characters...

I think these are the most obvious distributions (also notice how the ninja team are distributed in a way that they form a square):
View attachment 27238

For the rest I just don’t see any kind of connection relevant enough to be together tbfh.
we dont know the doa6 story yet(;

Zeo

I'm just going to say here that if Rachel, Momiji and Alpha are the ones to fill those spots I'm going to be legit irritated. In one form or another all of the DLC characters are replacements or clones of previous ones (barring Momiji). Ein is no different in the case of Hitomi being his "replacement" but the thought of no Ein but three, THREE Kasumis makes me sick to my stomach.

Alpha has no place in the story at this point, if story is not factoring in, gameplay becomes the prominent factor. There's no way a boss character and Kasumi clone should be taking the spot over a vet from DOA2. I'd even take Leon over her. If DOA6 has a new final boss (likely just Raidou) let that be the "boss" character everyone plays as and let Alpha rot in purgatory with Genra (an arguably more interesting character in terms of playstyle.)

P2p1mbs

I'm just going to say here that if Rachel, Momiji and Alpha are the ones to fill those spots I'm going to be legit irritated. In one form or another all of the DLC characters are replacements or clones of previous ones (barring Momiji). Ein is no different in the case of Hitomi being his "replacement" but the thought of no Ein but three, THREE Kasumis makes me sick to my stomach.

Alpha has no place in the story at this point, if story is not factoring in, gameplay becomes the prominent factor. There's no way a boss character and Kasumi clone should be taking the spot over a vet from DOA2. I'd even take Leon over her. If DOA6 has a new final boss (likely just Raidou) let that be the "boss" character everyone plays as and let Alpha rot in purgatory with Genra (an arguably more interesting character in terms of playstyle.)

While Momiji does have an original playstyle and would likely come back first, Rachel's playstyle was specifically based on Nicole-458 because TN wanted a character with her playstyle and Rachel made the most sense (since she was an existing character to the universe and had justification for superhuman strength). Like it or not, they are likely the first to come back. I agree with you on Alpha, however, 2 Kasumi's are already enough.

That being said, TN has made almost every non-guest character come back in some way (everyone except Genra) so Alpha is likely going to return at some point as well as Gen Fu, Ein and Leon.

Besides Rachel and Momiji, I expect Gen Fu to come back as the first 3 DLC characters since he was around since the first game and therefore has higher priority than Ein or Leon.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD