Character you dont like fighting?

Xernuht

playing against good ryu hayabusa player with good internet connection

Hilariously, one of my favorite matches when I played online was getting steamrolled by an amazing Hayabusa in a good connection who loved them Izuna Drops (Next day, I learned it was Brute). That and getting my ass kicked by Mr. Wah himself.

I just hate random button mashers. Mostly because I prefer to play smart-ish.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Lets put this a lot simpler

Not everyone has time and money to go out of their way to play a videogame

That's why online is even a thing

If you have time to play online and rage about it on a forum, you have time to play offline. There's people that work all week that are still able to come out to casuals or support events. Supporting offline does not imply that you go to every Offline Major (or even at all). Locals are fine and are still considered "supporting the FGC".

If you had the money to buy the game, and any DLC's, you can afford to play offline. I'm not saying you have to play every day or even every other day, but surely at least once or twice a month (Hell, even once every two months!). If you don't have a local scene within about 1-2 hours travel time approx., then that's a different issue altogether (Though I just travelled to Buffalo for about 3 hours for casuals to support the NY scene back in August). In that case you'd unfortunately be "Shit Out of Luck" and would have to settle for either practising against the AI, training in the Dojo, or *shivers* playing online, which IMHO, doesn't constitute legitimate practise due to the significant changes in how the game is played online.

Online is just for fun and is not competitive in the least and should never be taken seriously ever. I.e. Victories are never legitimate no matter who the opponent is.

Xernuht said:
I just hate random button mashers. Mostly because I prefer to play smart-ish

I randomly button-mash sometimes xD. It can be a strategy too!

Brute

Standard Donor
Hilariously, one of my favorite matches when I played online was getting steamrolled by an amazing Hayabusa in a good connection who loved them Izuna Drops (Next day, I learned it was Brute). That and getting my ass kicked by Mr. Wah himself.

SGG_Hi52.gif

Malibu

Can we like, not get into a online vs offline argument please and get back on track. Too many clashing ego's about it, becuase i dont' agree with you but i'm not about to go back and forth as to why. So yea...let's get back on topic

tumblr_m5fbtqXqX61qju1iho1_500.gif

I seriously can not win against Kasumi at all. like ever. Maybe i'm just that terrible or too many kasumi mashers.

I'm Miserable At Best.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
The thing is majority of your issues with certain characters are very likely because of the online environment. Either that or lack of Match-Up knowledge. If online wasn't a major factor in why people hate certain characters, it wouldn't need to be mentioned. I'll give you a hint for dealing with Kasumi. Keep her out of your face and space her ass. She also has shitty hitboxes on her 6PK & 66K which are vulnerable to some tech-crouching moves. She's also one of the most unsafe characters in the game.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Ayane and Kasumi basically do the same thing. Only exception is that one possesses more speed for strike interruption, the other possesses more crushes and range whiff punishers. Both are equally safe and unsafe.

Argentus

Yeah hate mashers.
If you don't have a local scene within about 1-2 hours travel time approx., then that's a different issue altogether (Though I just travelled to Buffalo for about 3 hours for casuals to support the NY scene back in August). In that case you'd unfortunately be "Shit Out of Luck" and would have to settle for either practising against the AI, training in the Dojo, or *shivers* playing online, which IMHO, doesn't constitute legitimate practise due to the significant changes in how the game is played online.

Online is just for fun and is not competitive in the least and should never be taken seriously ever. I.e. Victories are never legitimate no matter who the opponent is.

That's what I have been saying. Its kind of rude to keep putting down online players when for a lot of people, like me, that's all we have.

Or are you saying that just because there's no local offline scene, that we should just give up and not even try?

We are trying to support and learn the game and community how we can. We work with what we got.

So please, rather than just dismissing our problems entirely and saying "play offline", instead recognize that online has its own approach to things, and requires seperate skills and tacticd, and help people with the online version of the gameplay.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
That's what I have been saying. Its kind of rude to keep putting down online players when for a lot of people, like me, that's all we have.

Or are you saying that just because there's no local offline scene, that we should just give up and not even try?
That's something only an offline elitist would say... a really bad one.

If online's all you gotta work with, then that's okay. But if you do have a chance to get some good offline experience somewhere along the line, take it if you can. So long as it's enough for you to adapt to the timing differences between both by the time you're ready to go to tournies. At the end of the day, we've all got our own different pace of learning. Don't overexert yourself financially just to impress people.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah hate mashers.

We are trying to support and learn the game and community how we can. We work with what we got.

So please, rather than just dismissing our problems entirely and saying "play offline", instead recognize that online has its own approach to things, and requires seperate skills and tacticd, and help people with the online version of the gameplay.
For the record I have no problem with people who play online. I just take issue with people who complain about certain characters when they have only played online and haven't experienced how the game is played properly. It's asinine to complain about it when the problem is almost guaranteed to be the online environment. No one complains about mashing offline. Again playing online in itself is fine. But complaining about losing to mashing is pointless because it's just silly lag tactics. Online is just for fun and isn't to be taken seriously.

LOL. Shut up @Awesmic xD. WTF is an "Offline Elitist"?

Last edited:

Argentus

For the record I have no problem with people who play online. I just take issue with people who complain about certain characters when they have only played online and haven't experienced how the game is played properly. It's asinine to complain about it when the problem is almost guaranteed to be the online environment. No one complains about mashing offline. Again playing online in itself is fine. But complaining about losing to mashing is pointless because it's just silly lag tactics. Online is just for fun and isn't to be taken seriously. LOL. Shut up Awesmic xD. WTF is an "Offline Elitist"?
No it is not asinine or silly because it is still a problem.

However, you can teach people to play differently to accommodate for the difference in playing online.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
people who can hold p mashers offline

Oh how I love Ayane's Expert Punch holds xD!

No it is not asinine or silly because it is still a problem.
However, you can teach people to play differently to accommodate for the difference in playing online.

If you don't understand how it is asinine then you likely don't understand how the game is played properly in a legitimate environment. The problem is pretty much Lag + Match-Up ignorance. Nothing else really. The biggest issue of them all is the atrocious netcode that rewards random-ass mashy play as opposed to smart proper play. Players online have no reason to play legitimately because the netcode punishes people for trying to play properly and rewards mindless mashing. This isn't "elitism", it's just saying how things really are. However, if you do one-on-one sessions in the Online Dojo, you could teach people basic things related to gameplay (which is kinda pointless if there is no intention to eventually play offline due to online shenanigans in actual matches).

@Yurlungur understands where I'm coming from because he knows the difference between offline and online and can attest to how well mashing works against me offline (Hint: Not very...). Online encourages incorrect play, thus making people hate certain characters instead of learning how to beat them (which thus stunt's DOA's growth & maturity as a fighting game).

Last edited:

XxSakuraLuvaxX

:jannlee:. Would you like to use a strike? 66T. Duck my 66T? No.
Any Leifang that can use Leifang is a scary Leifang. Leifang.
I hated Crusty Christie since 5 but she's manageable now (along with Helena)
Personal problems with Rig, but if I can find a pattern I just abuse a possible 46H
Hitomi? 9H. 6T. HI-C 33T. variations of 66P. strings with 2H+K. I hate Hitomi.

Yurlungur

@Yurlungur understands where I'm coming from because he knows the difference between offline and online and can attest to how well mashing works against me offline (Hint: Not very...). Online encourages incorrect play, thus making people hate certain characters instead of learning how to beat them (which thus stunt's DOA's growth & maturity as a fighting game).

He's not a fan of when i become r kelly with that p

and online does encourge bad play and i'm still trying to break my low hold habit which fails because funny enough in vf i can do holds properly but not in doa. In certain amounts of lag it's extremely difficult to play and resort to mashing

I really want to play alpha properly in lag but i can't so i have to resort to spamming even tho i don't want too, since you've played me argentus you do see i've done alpha's ohs a lot and i do play her a lot smarter then other players who use her(which they believe alpha is a win button online)

take ryu for example, ryu is really not that good offline but online since it's harder to react to his zoning it makes it difficult. Offline and online are really two separate games

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
He's not a fan of when i become r kelly with that p

and online does encourge bad play and i'm still trying to break my low hold habit which fails because funny enough in vf i can do holds properly but not in doa. In certain amounts of lag it's extremely difficult to play and resort to mashing

I really want to play alpha properly in lag but i can't so i resort to have to resort to spamming even tho i don't want too, since you've played me argentus you do see i've done alpha's ohs a lot and i do play her a lot smarter then other players who use her(which they believe alpha is a win button online)

take ryu for example, ryu is really not that good offline but online since it's harder to react to his zoning it makes it difficult. Offline and online are really two separate games

Pretty much, though Ryu's actually not that bad offline. Very underrated character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD