Character you dont like fighting?

Malibu

Yeah that sounds about right.

Add jann Lee to that.

Just mashmashmashmashmashmashmash and I can't do anything about it.
im fighting a jan lee right now and omg im so angry. Becuase he's a S and he plays like a garbge pile. just random crap and the back pp over and over again. then he taunts like he's so gold. I swear i want to learn kasumi just to be stupid and random and make them upset. im so sick of Jan lee players.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayabusa...the true Turtle Ninja. Their all the same. beat on you with attacks. then jump back and teleport turtle time. Ugh!!!

It's actually exactly the opposite. Unless they're Hayate, Momiji or someone else with a stupidly braindead zoning capacity, no one will approach you when you are Ryu. No one. Everyone is a damn turtle. 50% of Hayabusa play is getting someone out of your face and 50% of it is trying to get someone in your face when they're constantly try to run away.

Look for it next time you see a Hayabusa player. They will have to move in because the other guy never, ever will.

Hayabusa is annoying online for two reasons, neither of which you mentioned. Offline he's just a tool.

Kronin

It's actually exactly the opposite. Unless they're Hayate, Momiji or someone else with a stupidly braindead zoning capacity, no one will approach you when you are Ryu. No one. Everyone is a damn turtle. 50% of Hayabusa play is getting someone out of your face and 50% of it is trying to get someone in your face when they're constantly try to run away.

Look for it next time you see a Hayabusa player. They will have to move in because the other guy never, ever will.

Hayabusa is annoying online for two reasons, neither of which you mentioned. Offline he's just a tool.

Funy because I remember a glorious ranked match of 5 rounds (so at the beginning of the DoA5 times) in the Sanctuary stage against @Sam Sultan 's Hayabusa where happened exactly the opposite, with him remaining freeze for all the times constantly waiting that was my Ayane to go to him (and this was happened all the other times that I had met him online). At one point I stopped and made his same game XD It was an absolutely ridicolous match ended 5 to 4 for him with a last match very close.

After it he sent to me a message apparently angry asking me what the hell I was thinking for all the match, and I answered saying that actually I wanted make experiment him how much boring was to play against an opponent acting like he had done so far. He demonstrated to not get the behavior maliciously, indeed he didn't reply me but on the opposite he started to play completely different from the next match: after it we have always been very friendly (now it's long time that I don't play more with him).

Well, just an useless story of my failed career as player of DoA XD

Last edited:

Kyo

Characters I don't like fighting? Kokoro, I really had a worst time playing up against because I never guess right whether she attacks high, low or middle and her damn spacing and hitbox advantage is what grinds my gears. The only concern when it comes to me not liking fighting other characters is what type of annoying players you're playing up against:

Kasumi: ppp down+K then backwards flip.
Rig aka skinhead Hwoarang: mashing any K and p button
Christie: same thing, but with only punch especially pppp.
Hayabusa: teleportions and half ass gimmicks w/ no izuna game.
Hayate and Jann lee: Too hesitant and wants to attack when you're not in their space.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'm not sure if I ever responded to this topic, but here it is...

Christie: Nope, nope, HELL NO. Even with Helena(one my alt mains), I absolutely despise fighting Christie players because her strikes are almost the fastest in the game, her sidestep is godly and I think MR's is the only one that can compete with it as well. It doesn't help I still have nightmares of Christie since when it was DOA3 and 4 and I was still terrible, my brother LOVES Christie and always used her against me...still scarred.

Bayman/Leon: Again this is mainly fear talking as like with my issues with characters with charge attacks, my main issue is the fact that they both have plenty of charge moves which makes it a pain to try and counter them. Their damage from grabs is ridiculous as well if they chain all of them(due to the fact I suck and breaking combo grabs). Their AI usually end up with me dead due to endless counters.

Mila: *Sigh* Fighting that doesn't know what they are doing? Not so bad. Fighting a Mila that tries to grab? A Pain at times. A Mila that actually fights like a MMA boxer she is? NOOOO
Mila's pressure is freaking ridiculous and the ease of which she can stay on you is honestly unreal. A bad Mila is easy as pie, a Rushdown Mila will easily put me on edge, a Mila that can rushdown AND know when to grab...fuck.

ANY. VF. CHARACTER(Especially Sarah, but all 5 fit here)

Helena: Yep, one of my mains is on here. Pretty much as bad as Christie and that's all anyone needs to care about.

Alpha-152: obvious again.

KING JAIMY

My top 5 most hated people would have to be in this order

Ayane
Kasumi
Rig
Hayabusa
Hayate

Can't stand any of these bums! nope nope Ayane has two variants. it's either the button mashers that do anything and beat you out every time. Or the turtle's that hit you and jump back over and over again.

Kasumi's the same way as the first. just hits every button in the world and beats me every time! and skilled kasumi's just ugh are even more annoying to deal with.

Rig.....mr kickomatic. i don't understand rig players. It always seems like the are just mashing Kick and for hits and they all do the same stupid air kick into air grab stupid thing. i can't wait till i learn the matchup i hate this poopface

Hayabusa...the true Turtle Ninja. Their all the same. beat on you with attacks. then jump back and teleport turtle time. Ugh!!!

Hayate, the cosplay ninja. Hayate is such a basic bitch. which is why i get flustered when i lose to him. He's such a basic bitch!!! ugh and i can't take his character seriously. When someone picks him i just want to flip tables.
Do you play online exclusively?

Brute

Standard Donor
playing against good ryu hayabusa player with good internet connection
mqo_XW.gif

Malibu

Do you play online exclusively?
mmhmm, i don't have time or extra money to travel to go to offline tournies. I'd love to go though! i used to go with my friends long time ago to anime cons but we all used to chip in. and id share are room with my friend April. But now i just play stuff online! ;3

Darth Lotonic X

I dislike fighting Kokoro online. It's mostly about how people play her. They'll do an elbow or something and just start mashing like it's plus on block.

KING JAIMY

mmhmm, i don't have time or extra money to travel to go to offline tournies. I'd love to go though! i used to go with my friends long time ago to anime cons but we all used to chip in. and id share are room with my friend April. But now i just play stuff online! ;3
That makes sense, because at offline scenes:

1. There are no mashy Ayane's, because they will get punished.
2. There are no mashy Kasumi's, same reason as above.
3. There are no kick spamming Rig's, because holds work properly offline.
4. There are no Hayabusa Ongyoin spammers, because most of Hayabusa's Ongyoin options (especially the flying options) are easy to deal with.
5. There are actually decent Hayate's who know what they are doing.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
mmhmm, i don't have time or extrvarieties to travel to go to offline tournies. I'd love to go though! i used to go with my friends long time ago to anime cons but we all used to chip in. and id share are room with my friend April. But now i just play stuff online! ;3
Playing offline does not equate to only going to offline tournies (which have 2 varieties: Local and Major). Playing casuals also counts as "playing offline". I have a full-time 40 hour a week job and still manage to attend casuals and tournies. I just came back from Summer Jam 8 last weekend. Because I play offline, I know what works and what doesn't and am rarely salty from losses. I make the time to support the FGC. Try and do what you can! Online makes people salty.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
That makes sense, because at offline scenes:

1. There are no mashy Ayane's, because they will get punished.
2. There are no mashy Kasumi's, same reason as above.
3. There are no kick spamming Rig's, because holds work properly offline.
4. There are no Hayabusa Ongyoin spammers, because most of Hayabusa's Ongyoin options (especially the flying options) are easy to deal with.
5. There are actually decent Hayate's who know what they are doing.
x1000000

Argentus

Lets put this a lot simpler

Not everyone has time and money to go out of their way to play a videogame

That's why online is even a thing

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD