Character you dont like fighting?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I think the better question is who do you like fighting? Also, how the hell can someone hate on Bass? Dude has to work for his victories.
Any character that I can beat consistently, I like to fight. I hate fighting Bass because he's a grappler, just like Bayman and Leon.

Argentus

Brad's a completely fair character that requires a lot of dedication to utilize properly against someone who knows how to fight him. Take him into the lab to see what I mean. Same with Ayane.

Brad can be a pain in the ass because he's one of those characters that can keep forcetechstunjuggleBS because he hits from all angles and heights. Like, I god knocked down, and just kept getting kicked around, couldn't get up, and once I did, stuck in stun and juggled around, all because of his constant stance swapping.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
D:

Anyway, y'all know who I hate. Fuck them.

Not you, G-gill or Ballr Brute lol. You know which one's -_-. As for Brad, you just need to know what he's doing. He's a character that's easy to underestimate and be frustrated by. You need to know his options and respond accordingly.

@Jyakotu SMH... -_-. You need to learn your opponent's characters and stop hating on them just because they beat you. TBH, I find Eliot a pain in the ass to fight in lag at times, but know that he's a fair character. Also, what the hell's wrong with grapplers? They're not exactly "OP" in this game.

Last edited:

Hoya Destroyer

I probably hate fighting Helena the most.
Even though she is the most beautiful looking character, I find her fighting style very unappealing to watch.
Ducking under mids and slapping me to death, is annoying :mad:

Rawbietussin

That's the beauty of BKO but the stance itself isn't like how it used to be. Some mids and highs are now able to incapacitate her while ducking.

Blazeincarnated

I probably hate fighting Helena the most.
Even though she is the most beautiful looking character, I find her fighting style very unappealing to watch.
Ducking under mids and slapping me to death, is annoying :mad:
Ooooh. Helena's have me doing this after a match:
zack_02_by_lord_honk-d66jy0s.jpg

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
@Jyakotu SMH... -_-. You need to learn your opponent's characters and stop hating on them just because they beat you. TBH, I find Eliot a pain in the ass to fight in lag at times, but know that he's a fair character. Also, what the hell's wrong with grapplers? They're not exactly "OP" in this game.
I'm just not a fan of grapplers (sans Tina), using them or fighting against them.

Musourenka

Brad's a completely fair character that requires a lot of dedication to utilize properly against someone who knows how to fight him. Take him into the lab to see what I mean. Same with Ayane.

That makes sense. Brad's not an easy character to grasp, so it makes sense that the people using him really know how to use him. Similarly, people who play Ayane are either novices (6K2K, 4P spam, BT roll H+K/H+P, overusing 6PP, 66KKK) or advanced players.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
That makes sense. Brad's not an easy character to grasp, so it makes sense that the people using him really know how to use him.
I actually think Brad isn't that difficult to use. It's just knowing WHEN to use his tools. After all, his play style is based on punishing your opponent's mistakes. His mix up game is great, but comes at a cost. Some of his stances leave him unsafe, especially the handstand and not to mention, he moves really slow compared to the other characters. I'm no Brad Wong expert, but I have fun using him now that I've learned his moves and some of his basic combos.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
grapplers (using mostly OHs it usually end up bad for me)
good kokoros( holy fuck when did this bitch get so fast)
Pai(may she burn in hell)
Helena(quit ducking me bitch)

Brute

Standard Donor
I actually think Brad isn't that difficult to use. It's just knowing WHEN to use his tools.
And given how many of them he has, that can be very difficult.
Honestly, that's the most difficult thing about using a character in DOA is knowing how/when to use each of their tools properly. Everything else is pretty straightforward. That's why I feel like blanket characters tend to be far easier to use than "precision read" characters. It requires less yomi on your part.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
And given how many of them he has, that can be very difficult.
Honestly, that's the most difficult thing about using a character in DOA is knowing how/when to use each of their tools properly. Everything else is pretty straightforward. That's why I feel like blanket characters tend to be far easier to use than "precision read" characters. It requires less yomi on your part.
"Blanket characters"?

By that, do you mean well-rounded characters?

Brute

Standard Donor
"Blanket characters"?
By that, do you mean well-rounded characters?
Not exactly. A "blanket move" is one that beats out a majority of options by "blanketing" over them. Such a move would be Sarah's 6P, for example. It beats out all highs, nearly every low, ties with the fastest mids, is decently safe on block and has follow-ups. Thus, you don't have to accurately read what your opponent is planning beyond are they gonna do a mid P hold, SS or random mid crush. Thus it's a blanket move.

The opposite would be, say, an expert high punch hold. You risk being HiC thrown, you eliminate the ability to hold a high kick and you'll be struck by any attack that is not a high punch (you also have to time the hold just right). Thus, it's a "precision read" move, in that it only beats out one specific option, but gives a good reward for doing so. Anything but that one read, though, and your opponent wins.

Characters who rely more on (or have more of) the former type are who I consider "blanket" characters, whereas those who rely on the latter are "precision read" characters. Personally, I feel like the latter are more difficult to use, for the reasons described above. They require more diligent yomi, I feel.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Not exactly. A "blanket move" is one that beats out a majority of options by "blanketing" over them. Such a move would be Sarah's 6P, for example. It beats out all highs, nearly every low, ties with the fastest mids, is decently safe on block and has follow-ups. Thus, you don't have to accurately read what your opponent is planning beyond are they gonna do a mid P hold, SS or random mid crush. Thus it's a blanket move.
I see.

This is why we need direction-specific sidestepping evasion and side throws. But then again, I've been saying this for months.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
That makes sense. Brad's not an easy character to grasp, so it makes sense that the people using him really know how to use him. Similarly, people who play Ayane are either novices (6K2K, 4P spam, BT roll H+K/H+P, overusing 6PP, 66KKK) or advanced players.

I spam 6K2K, 4P, 6PP and 66KKK, I guess I'm still a novice :(. Though I also spam 2P, 1P, BT PP6KK4, and 3PP.

The interesting thing about Brad is that not a single one of his 191+ moves are difficult to execute at all. It's managing his stances and handling his piss poor speed that makes him advanced. Same with Ayane, not a single move of hers is difficult to execute (besides anything off her launcher grabs & holds), but managing her Integrated Movement system and her twirl stances is what makes her advanced.

Awesmic said:
This is why we need direction-specific sidestepping evasion and side throws. But then again, I've been saying this for months.

I personally would just like a sidestep that works properly...

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I'm a novice as well; lots of 4P and 1P on my end. And I use 6PK a lot, too. And worse, I use PK way, waaaayyy too much (Kokoro muscle memory).

6PK's nice. 4P & 1P are crazy good for Ayane. They're almost like magical "beat everything moves" when used at the right times. I also love 6P3. Keeps people on their toes!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD