Christie vs Bayman video

MrMoon360

Unless the animation was swapped, Bayman used a parry out of stun.

I want to repeat that. Parry. Out of Stun.

If thats the same as his DOAD parry where it covers all high and mid options without exception, you guys are going to scream.

What's interesting is that you can't use Hitomi's offensive parry/counter out of stun.

Maybe we've all been missing what Shimbori meant by "character individuality".
Maybe this system he's trying to implement favors all the characters individually as it stands.

DrDogg

Pray they don't completely destroy BKO stance. I'm hoping she still has her BKO throw with 1k untechable, but that's unlikely. Rolling left and right out of BKO will look kinda awkward but i'll take it lol.

On the bright side I got to see Ramb-... I mean Bayman and Christie's sweaty breast.

Ling (Tekken) and Lei-Fei (VF) have similar rolls. I see no reason why Helena's would look awkward.

I noticed that as well, it's pretty sweet. I think giving Helena a SS out of BKO would be nice too. I wouldn't say a roll but rather an elegant step while in BKO. Maybe her BKO SS could put her in a BT stance or just back down to BKO. Yeah, I like the thought of that. It could possibly be more evasive than a standard SS.

No, I don't want to be forced into BT or BKO after the roll. As an option, yes please... but definitely not something forced. If it's forced I see Helena being -20 after going BT and -15 after going into BKO. I just don't see it being done right (which would be to give her small frame adv on all transitions -- on block).

And stop talking about BKO sidestep, the last thing that stance needs is buffs of any kind.

It was only good in DOA4 because it led into the force tech ground game. Based on the demo, that's already been severely toned down to the point of being almost completely ineffective at the moment. It's safe to assume that aspect of BKO will no longer be a factor.

That only leaves BKO duck, which isn't overpowered at all compared to some of the things Hayabusa can do. I don't think a sidestep would make BKO overpowered based on what little we currently know about DOA5.

What's interesting is that you can't use Hitomi's offensive parry/counter out of stun.

Maybe we've all been missing what Shimbori meant by "character individuality".
Maybe this system he's trying to implement favors all the characters individually as it stands.

Or maybe that feature was added/changed sometime in the 6 months since the demo code was finalized?

MrMoon360

Or maybe that feature was added/changed sometime in the 6 months since the demo code was finalized?

Possible, but I doubt it.
Remember Shimbori's discussion about making Hayabusa's Izuna Otoshi his fulcrum for play?
Bayman is a grappling character. Giving him moves to put him at advantage for the position for grabs (while others may not have the ability) would only make sense. I imagine his strikes are just as slow, but now they contain grappling mix-ups.
Individuality.

I look forward to seeing how this idea would play out in say Tina's or Bass case. Hell. Lisa too.

Gill Hustle

Liked what I saw without going too much in depth but . . . I did not like how they edited things.

Granted it was probably the CPU fighting itself and then picking "money shots" but I would have preferred an actual match.

Really liked :christie:'s double SS and the missile Danger zone.

Don't know enough about :bayman: to comment other than what's been posted, but digging the scar. And please let Scuba Steve die.

x Sypher x

No, I don't want to be forced into BT or BKO after the roll. As an option, yes please... but definitely not something forced. If it's forced I see Helena being -20 after going BT and -15 after going into BKO. I just don't see it being done right (which would be to give her small frame adv on all transitions -- on block).

Oh ok, well since you put it that way I guess it makes sense. I don't know much about frames so it was just a thought. I can imagine though that Helena might turn out even better than in 4. Her BKO was great but I wonder how they can make it even better.

Megawarrior

I love what they did to Christie. More please.

Omg at Christie sidesteps.

Lei fang and Jan lee have to be next but it's probably tina...

TRI Mike

The warzone stage appears in the background of the Alpha menus. There's another chinese-like building seen there. I'm calling Jann Lee and Leifang will be revealed there.

Or Genfu and Brad Wong... you know, chinese characters.

Raansu

To be fair, the video wasn't running at 60 fps either.

Neither were the other videos running off youtube. Just something about the animations seemed different to me though. Character models look bigger too almost like the camera was zoomed in too much or something.

Arnell Long

People bout to jump on that Christie wagon just for her new looks...lmao, fuckin' lames!

And um, if you're not apart of my statement, then no use feeling hostile, ya digg. ^_-

But yea peeps, DOA is bout to bounce back and "ONCE AGAIN" have innovative shit that future fighting franchises will copy and take the credit due to they popularity. Fuck it, DOA all day err day son!

Raansu

People bout to jump on that Christie wagon just for her new looks...lmao, fuckin' lames!

And um, if you're not apart of my statement, then no use feeling hostile, ya digg. ^_-

But yea peeps, DOA is bout to bounce back and "ONCE AGAIN" have innovative shit that future fighting franchises will copy and take the credit due to they popularity. Fuck it, DOA all day err day son!

I haven't really seen anything innovative about the game yet...

Arnell Long

I haven't really seen anything innovative about the game yet...

Trust meh, it'll come in due time, DOA may not be "THAT" in-depth fighter, but they never fail to innovate. And um, this new "Fighting Entertainment" their going with that kicks all other fighting game Stages in the anal is going to get copied some day in some way...DriftSlave^_^

DriftSlave

What has DOA innovated in the last decade? seriously? I like DOA in all, but you gotta know that DOA5 is still alot like DOA4.... minus the change log thats presented in a thread somewhere in here....Danger Zones are still the same for the most part o_O nothing really all that new except cliffhangers, powerblows, and VF5 style sidesteps...were is this so called innovation?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD