Christie vs Bayman video

Arnell Long

What has DOA innovated in the last decade? seriously? I like DOA in all, but you gotta know that DOA5 is still alot like DOA4.... minus the change log thats presented in a thread somewhere in here....Danger Zones are still the same for the most part :confused: nothing really all that new except cliffhangers, powerblows, and VF5 style sidesteps...were is this so called innovation?

I'm just going to say one thing...and that's DOA4's Lobby System................

DR2K

Integrating QTE into a fighting game hasn't really been done before, not at this level anyways. The level of detail in everything also hasn't been done before. Seriously, boob fucking sweat. You'll see it next gen on Capcom and Namco's fighters, dead serious too.

Arnell Long

Integrating QTE into a fighting game hasn't really been done before, not at this level anyways. The level of detail in everything also hasn't been done before. Seriously, boob fucking sweat. You'll see it next gen on Capcom and Namco's fighters, dead serious too.

Amen. Glad a DOA Fan has picked up on this and that...also folks, as small as these add-ons may be, you'll see them carried over in later dated fighters as DR2K said..."Soul Calibur 6"...

Arnell Long

But let me hop back off that Topic and get back on Topic.

I wonder if Team Ninja gonna finish up this Trailer or let it be until E3.

DriftSlave

I'm just going to say one thing...and that's DOA4's Lobby System................
*shurgs* it's pretty....thats about it...innovation is something that drives the genre. that lobby system really didn't so shit to be honest. Something like online tournaments that give out unique and special titles/ranks would be innovative because it builds incentive to win online matches(besides leveling up your grade o_O )....not that online means anything but it would be a step in the right direction.

DriftSlave

Amen. Glad a DOA Fan has picked up on this and that...also folks, as small as these add-ons may be, you'll see them carried over in later dated fighters as DR2K said...

QTE are brain dead add-ons that do nothing for any game...especially fighting games. It made NG3 bad for fuck sakes....how is this a good thing?

boob sweat really? i'd take tag2 dirt physics over that as Poison Mist stains their clothes >_>'

Arnell Long

*shurgs* it's pretty....thats about it...innovation is something that drives the genre. that lobby system really didn't so shit to be honest. Something like online tournaments that give out unique and special titles/ranks would be innovative because it builds incentive to win online matches(besides leveling up your grade :confused: )....not that online means anything but it would be a step in the right direction.

We're talking about "online ranking" or "innovation" because it was no need to add in that "grade" statement. But yea, Team Ninja getting my money, each DOA game I see enough difference that make SC2-5 look bad. But let me not get into holes I'll be too lazy to crawl out of because I'll derail this Thread enough...so um, on my part...enough was enough...

DriftSlave

If Konami's feeling lucky, maybe Rumble Roses will come back and we'll see actual mud and oil physics too...

And that's a big if.
they would have to renew their partnership with Yukes I think....and would take a chance too as XX didn't sell that well....sad because WWE wrestling games are terrible but their competition is even worse(TNA, Triple A) so that market needs to change too...

Arnell Long

QTE are brain dead add-ons that do nothing for any game...especially fighting games. It made NG3 bad for fuck sakes....how is this a good thing?

boob sweat really? i'd take tag2 dirt physics over that as Poison Mist stains their clothes >_>'

NG ain't been shit since Itagaki left...DOA:D at least was a relief, but NG3 ain't brought me nothing but hatred for the franchise and lingering grief.

Oh and shout out to Ayane's NGS2 outfit....... ^_-

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Nobody was complaining when God of War or Bayonetta did this. There had to be more to it than just QTE sequences that hindered NG3 as a game. Personal bias is one thing, but even so...

Arnell Long

Nobody was complaining when God of War or Bayonetta did this. There had to be more to it than just QTE sequences that hindered NG3 as a game. Personal bias is one thing, but even so...

"People's Point" in 2 reasons...it's a fighting game...and two, it's DOA...so you know people gon be hard as hell on it...

But yo, regardless, I'm just glad to have my favorite fighting game back.

DriftSlave

I mean if you wana go there then shit it didn't do much to Kingdom Hearts either :confused: but for NG3 and the developers who made said game, haven't grasped the concept of making QTE intuitive rather then a hindrance on the player. This could effect DOA5...I mean I don't hate cliffhanger but if there is more QTE events in this game besides that, i think there is a problem....

Edit: what made NG3 bad was the fact they overused QTE, more then half the actions Ryu did in that game was a form of QTE, unlike Bayonetta or GOW series....

Arnell Long

I mean if you wana go there then shit it didn't do much to Kingdom Hearts either :confused: but for NG3 and the developers who made said game, haven't grasped the concept of making QTE intuitive rather then a hindrance on the player. This could effect DOA5...I mean I don't hate cliffhanger but if there is more QTE events in this game besides that, i think there is a problem....

I agree with you for the most part, but you have to be honest...NG3 was fucked from the get go? Honestly, if the game didn't have QTE's...I'd still say its overall 58% review ratio is a deserving grade...well without QTE's I'd give it a 59 at best...but yea, DOA5's QTE's can definitely break the game, but the Alpha Demo is better than NG3 in its entirety.

Raansu

Technically combo throws are QTE's so DoA been doing that for awhile and NBA games were doing the whole sweat thing back in 2006. DoA5 hasn't done anything innovative. To be innovative means to do something new/different. QTE's are neither new nor different regardless if they have been done in a fighting game or not (and they have been done in plenty of other fighting games.)

Gill Hustle

*shurgs* it's pretty....thats about it...innovation is something that drives the genre. that lobby system really didn't so shit to be honest. Something like online tournaments that give out unique and special titles/ranks would be innovative because it builds incentive to win online matches(besides leveling up your grade :confused: )....not that online means anything but it would be a step in the right direction.

A few things to list cuz I gotta bounce to Ultimate Gaming Spot!

Multi tiered stages in 3D fighters. (DOA copied MK3, Itagaki said so)

Barriers, and ground bounces in DOA4.

Ground/Air throws in DOA3 (I'm pretty sure they beat Tekken to this)

Walls in DOA2. (Every 3D fighter except Tekken had ring outs)

Lobby. Mentioned NO FIGHTER pre 360/PS3 had an online lobby.

Sure there's more gotta bounce.

DR2K

I got your arguements something to stand on.

legs1.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD