DOA5U "Come and Fight" Rachel Combo Thread

d3v

No, my timing was off. You can indeed 9p after the airthrow. Though 3pp and 6pk work better.

FatalxInnocence

One combo I came up with today, not sure if somebody has said this... but I thought it looked pretty cool xD was;

4PPP, 4H+K, BT 3PP air throw, 9P, 6KP

I thought it looked awesome, and it works on Mid & Light weights.

Doesn't work after CB though, as they launch too high and the 3PP misses completely.

Still, I never really gave 4H+K a proper go, but I think I'll start using that to counter act people who constantly try to counter CB. Usually I just went for the launcher throw, but the 4H+K combo does more damage.

alexbib

So is the stomp guaranteed or not after air throw, 6KP? What did people mean when they said to 9P juggle instead?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Basically, as far as most of us know, there's no way to guarantee a stomp. Luckily, this means that you can just not go for stomp and be super positive against their tech.

just_me

Standard Donor
I think there are a few guaranteed Stomps.
NH :9::K:, :2::K: vs Super Heavy was already meantioned, no? There's also
CH :9::K:, :9::P:, :2::K: vs lightweight classes
HCH :P+K:, :2::K: works on everyone

Recorded these and tried to back tech... it never works.
Can't tech AT :9::P:, :2::K: with mid to heavy chars either (well it's techable, if 3+ midair hits connected pre AT... doesn't really happen in singles though)

Seems the whole thing has a downside: Starting the Stomp is guaranteed, however if the oppnent attempted to (back?) tech, it seems the kick at the end whiffs... so you miss out on 9 Dmg and get rather crappy oki.

Drake Aldan

I'm working on the wiki combo page. Hit me if you have suggestions or corrections, I'll be putting in Stage Combos soon.

3P, when breaking the threshold, can continue into the string airthrow. So, CH 3P, 3PPP+KT lands for 83 damage.

... on Super Heavyweights! Tasty.

But it's only 2 points more than the standard airthrow combo (and equal to the standard on heavyweights and below). Boo Wendy Testaburger, boo.

Style points I guess.

In other news, the difference between 9K, 6KP and 6PKP as an ender is miniscule (like 2 points). Switching out 6PP and 9P as the extender before the airthrow makes it 12...

Drake Aldan

I've been staying away from 66T~6PKP because I've had it fail on me... The difference between 6PKP and 3PPP+KT is something like 30 points of damage (at least when the opponent is mashing and you land it Counter Hit).

Turns out, if there is any pause between K and P (i.e. 6PK~P) then the opponent can turn around and not get relaunched. Is this the only situation where this happens? Can I get some confirmation from someone else?

Last edited:
I've been staying away from 66T~6PKP because I've had it fail on me... The difference between 6PKP and 3PPP+KT is something like 30 points of damage (at least when the opponent is mashing and you land it Counter Hit).

Turns out, if there is any pause between K and P (i.e. 6PK~P) then the opponent can turn around and not get relaunched. Is this the only situation where this happens? Can I get some confirmation from someone else?
stagger escape fastest makes it possible to turn around.

Harlequ1nn

Hey guys, decided to make another video, this time for Rachel :D
Hope you enjoy/like it and that theres some useful stuff in there.
The quality gets a tad choppy at times, but thats for my crappy dated recording software to blame for being crap :L

Thanks!

Klts3

The quality gets a tad choppy at times, but thats for my crappy dated recording software to blame for being crap :L

Thanks!
Nice! I see your video contains Ryu's teleport moves vs Rachel's :8::P+K:/:2::P+K:. I think that I can expand this for a little. So startin: Most of Ryu players think that Rachel will just avoid his teleport moves with Rollthrough, but they don't know that they're in real trouble when she do it. Rollthrough is now ending further from place where it was started and it's definitely easier to punish Ryu. She have a lot of guaranteed options for Ongyoin :8::P:,:8::K: and :8::H+P:. So I'll try to describe every option:
- Ongyoin :8::H+P: - after Rollthrough, grab Ryu with :H+P:. It gives you guaranteed HiC throw against back turned oponent, that deals 97 damage.
- Ongyoin :8::K: - after Rollthrough, in the moment when Ryu lands on the ground, grab him with :2::H+P:. It gives you guaranteed crouching throw to back turned oponent that deals 70 damage and also let you to easily do :2::K: stomp (I guess Ryu cannot tech roll, but I can't test it in training mode). Crouching throws to back turned opponents are rarely used and most players don't remember their animations, so I think opponent won't get up immediately after throw.
- Ongyoin :8::P: - after Rollthrough you have to good options, one is guaranteed, and second one probably isn't (but it could depend on how early you do Rollthrough). Guaranteed one is doing :2::H+P: or :3::H+P: in the moment when Ryu's hand is touching ground. Unfortunately, the timing is really strict, only few frames. Because of this, I recommend doing :426::H+P:, :4::H+P: or :6::H+P: after punch wiffs.

As you can see, teleport spamers have no chances against Rachel. Of course i could make some mistakes (if yes then someone please correct me). I hope this will help Rachel players who don't know about it. Of course you can still do Rollthrough :P:, but other ones give you bigger damage and Rollthrough :P: don't work in some cases.

EDIT: I discovered something interesting about :214::P+K:. You can catch with this move Ryu doing Ongyoin :8::P: and:8::H+P:. Usually it only does 32 damage. However, if you will do this when Ryu's doing :8::P: and you will do this in right moment, this move gives your opponent 100 damage. Unfortunately it happens really rarely.

Last edited:

DrDam

Anyone got short and simple CB setups? Here's what I got :

:9::P:, :3::K:, :4::K:, :6::6::P:

:P::K:,:6::P:,:6::6::P:
:6::P: is easy to predict so be careful.

:4::H+K:, BK:4::K:, BK:4::P:, :6::6::P:
:4::H+K: launches on CH and HCH, you should only use this setup after your opponent holds. I you get the launch, BK:4::P::P::P::P: is guaranteed.

Kris Emery

Thanks!
Yesss

FakeSypha

Some overkill combo I came up with on "the danger zone" stage. It's fun to try new stuff. I'm like 2 years late to try these stages from the PS4, but whatever.

Anyway, 320 damage using CH and PL.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD