DOA5U "Come On, Let's Play" The General Sarah DOA5U Thread

OolongTea

Edit: Sarah's :1::K:+:h::K: > :2::8::P:+:K: is broken. it executes step instead of doing her side step kick most of the time, it needs quit the delay for it to work properly, which should ruin the only purpose that move was designed for.

Well, should we just accept it as a shortcut to the Step? lol
The same thing happens when you use :6::P::4::K: or :8::K: :eek:

Last edited:

Raze

Ah nice find man!
Those negative FL entries are designed for the use of her FL :2::8::P:+:K:. Which is suppose to sidestep a linear strike and give a counter hit crumple/combo starter. I am not sure if it works that way in DOA, but the :2::8::P:+:K: is suppose to be used on negative entry into FL. In FS linear moves track so it's basically worthless as a mashed out string will destroy it, despite you effectively evading the initial strike. High risk move in that game.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Hello all,
I have a question about one of Sarah's Combo Challenges that is giving me the fits. It's the only one that I have left :p

:2::P:
:6::H+K:
:3::3::H+K::K::h: (how in the heck to I get that part to connect consistently? I've been doing :3::3::3::H+K: with some consistency and I see that Legend does :6::6::3::3::H+K:. Any other tips around that part?
In Flamingo Stance :3::P::K: (I assume that I have to do a slight pause in order for this move to come out correctly in order or her to get into Flamingo Stance. If I do it directly after :3::3::H+K::K::h: she does some other move :(
In Flamingo Stance :6::K::K:

Just the this Sarah combo, 40% Jacky (stupid :K::5::h: move!), and 40% Akira (I may never get his combos!) to go.

Thanks everyone. I would appreciate any help.

Dave

Hello all,
I have a question about one of Sarah's Combo Challenges that is giving me the fits. It's the only one that I have left :p

:2::P:
:3::3::H+K::K::h: (how in the heck to I get that part to connect consistently? I've been doing :3::3::3::H+K: with some consistency and I see that Legend does :6::6::3::3::H+K:. Any other tips around that part?
In Flamingo Stance :3::P::K: (I assume that I have to do a slight pause in order for this move to come out correctly in order or her to get into Flamingo Stance. If I do it directly after :3::3::H+K::K::h: she does some other move :(
In Flamingo Stance :6::K::K:

Just the this Sarah combo, 40% Jacky (stupid :K::5::h: move!), and 40% Akira (I may never get his combos!) to go.

Thanks everyone. I would appreciate any help.

You have to dash towards them after the second :6::6::H+K: then finish the combo.

OolongTea

I'll say this...
Looping someone with :3::3::H+K: four times against a wall feels very nice :D It's almost as good as looping someone with Sol's Dust loops in the old Guilty Gears. I would pay for a DLC that changed Sarah to say "Teyah!" with each :3::3::H+K:

OolongTea

Such a great character needs moar discussion!

How useful is Moonsault vs wakeup kicks? Do you really get any advantage in most cases or guaranteed back combos? (can't check until next week ;~)
How are you guys using step forward :6::6::P+K: and step back variations?

Also, it's probably old, but if you don't feel like looping someone awesomely with :3::3::H+K: (shame on you), you can use this wall combo CrazySteady used in his last Sarah match - stun into :K::P::6:, :P::P::6:, :P::P::K:

Dave

Might just be me, but I think they reverted her back to DOA5. I don't really get the pause anymore. Although I just messed around offline for a few to see the stage and costume.

vINv

i need help with saras game play ive studied frames and the fla transitions etc kick cancels but i struggle still advice?

OolongTea

Watching good players play her can give you a good idea:

You'll see that Ain uses 2P, 2H+K, 6P a lot to start his offense.
Good moves to start your FLA pressure even on block: 4P+K, 4K, 3PK, 8K, H+KK, P+K

When you enter FLA focus on:
P to keep your offensive going or to stun them further. If they're trying to mash their way out this will also hit them a lot. You can do anything after this, really. Also good for tick throws.
P 2KK or 2KKK to get more stun or a quick combo
Make them respect your mighty FLA P! When they finally notice they can't just press a button after Sarah's flamingo stance, you can start doing other stuff.
3K after they start holding high for a quick stun+combo (2P+KK is a good launcher here)
2K or 1KK also good options if they're expecting your P stuff
2/8P+K to evade linear stuff and maybe even get a free back combo
2H+K against steppers
Step -> OHs

Sarah can get them in the stun threshold without doing much work, really. But don't always go for a CB combo, I think she has a nice stun -> launch game, which is less risk and does good damage.
For example, 6P on CH, 2P+KK combo or FLA 3K 2P+KK -> combo

Last edited:

Aspect

Watching good players play her can give you a good idea:

You'll see that Ain uses 2P, 2H+K, 6P a lot to start his offense.
Good moves to start your FLA pressure even on block: 4P+K, 4K, 3PK, 8K, H+KK, P+K

When you enter FLA focus on:
P to keep your offensive going or to stun them further. If they're trying to mash their way out this will also hit them a lot. You can do anything after this, really. Also good for tick throws.
P 2KK or 2KKK to get more stun or a quick combo
3k after they start holding high for a quick stun+combo
2K or 1KK also good options if they're expecting your P stuff
2/8P+K to evade linear stuff and maybe even get a free back combo
Step -> OHs

Sarah can get them in the stun threshold without doing much work, really. But don't always go for a CB combo, I think she has a nice stun -> launch game, which is less risk and does good damage.
For example, 6P on CH, 2P+KK combo or FLA 3K 2P+KK -> combo

Thanks for the videos and tips. Helps a lot. Definitely shows what I'm doing wrong.

splslick

What do you guys use against people using wakeup kicks? I know I use 8h+k and 8p to go over low kicks even though 8p doesn't hit them. And I use p+k to crush mid wakeup kicks. I also noticed that you can use p+k to hop over low wakeup kicks as well but it's a lot more strict to do that.

Dave

What do you guys use against people using wakeup kicks? I know I use 8h+k and 8p to go over low kicks even though 8p doesn't hit them. And I use p+k to crush mid wakeup kicks. I also noticed that you can use p+k to hop over low wakeup kicks as well but it's a lot more strict to do that.

Those are all I do. Don't think there is really much else. Maybe 2H+K while in flamingo against a mid? I don't know. That might not work. I sometimes do that when my opponent gets up and automatically blocks mid.

splslick

Those are all I do. Don't think there is really much else. Maybe 2H+K while in flamingo against a mid? I don't know. That might not work. I sometimes do that when my opponent gets up and automatically blocks mid.
I just tested FLA 2h+k against a mid kick and my move would whiff while Ein wakeup mid kick whiffed as well :O...Seems too risky though =[

*And by FLA 2h+k whiffing, the move literally goes right through them :O

OolongTea

P+K is great when you know they are going for the mid kick :)
7K beats lows
7H+K beats both, mid kicks are much more consistent. Lows will usually whiff if you time it wrong, leaving you at ~ -6 to -15.
2H+K beats lows.
WS KK beats low wakeups easily.
Ass (step forward h+k) beats mid kicks easily, no timing required (strangely enough, it looks like it would crush lows but it doesn't crush the low wakeup kick lol)
9K beats both kicks, but the timing/spacing is very very strict.
H+K beats mids, also strict.
You can also space a little, do step forward (66P+K), quickly step back(4) and press H+K to evade and hit them out of both kicks (a little hard to do)

Unless you're trying to be flashy, got a good read, are really consistent with 7H+K or need to keep your position I would just 9P+K over all that guessing/timing :p

Last edited:

OolongTea

She can still be pretty effective without the just frames, don't worry. You're just losing a small mixup/finishing option (FLA 2K T), FLA P 2KK which is better but you can still do your FLA mixups/stuns without it and the other one is just meh.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD