Dance Party! DOA Zack General Discussion

Yaguar

So thought I'd come seek some advice and direction since I am really liking Zack right now even if my style and game with him is very simplistic.

I still make some funny inputs here and there (a few Mila ones just pop in now and then). I know I'm not using everything to its full potential, I've started moving in more stuff (like duck :8::K:).

So got a little video, nothing exciting. After that I'll post what the plan is when I go into a fight, and how it usually doesn't end up that way =D

So my usual aim is to hold frame advantage as much as possible, throw some damage off for it when I can.

So any launch I like to try and hit :P::P::2_::K::K::K::K: for the +9 force tech.
I have a couple of things I use from that but I know I spam it a lot.

So I make use of things like that, :6::T: and my range to get in :4::K:
I'll usually try push for a counter to get a grab on (and then completely whiff it as I daze out). I'm pretty much trying to keep them standing and looping as much as possible, with a few knock backs to reset the fight and usually abuse :6::6::P: / :6::6::K: to force them on the back foot as I run in, hopefully giving me a chance to land :6::6::T: or :6::T: for the advantage.

Just wanting to know... Where do I go from here? Any and all help or (constructive) criticism is appreciated.

/Blitz

Nightpup

Out of curiosity, what's the range on Zack Beam? I know the graphic goes almost fullscreen, but where's the hitbox?

Yaguar

Out of curiosity, what's the range on Zack Beam? I know the graphic goes almost fullscreen, but where's the hitbox?

Mid Punch, seems to be screen wide. I've hit some huge ones. Pretty sure it is a ray cast since I've noticed it whiff ducking people at close range.

MasterHavik

So thought I'd come seek some advice and direction since I am really liking Zack right now even if my style and game with him is very simplistic.

I still make some funny inputs here and there (a few Mila ones just pop in now and then). I know I'm not using everything to its full potential, I've started moving in more stuff (like duck :8::K:).

So got a little video, nothing exciting. After that I'll post what the plan is when I go into a fight, and how it usually doesn't end up that way =D

So my usual aim is to hold frame advantage as much as possible, throw some damage off for it when I can.

So any launch I like to try and hit :P::P::2_::K::K::K::K: for the +9 force tech.
I have a couple of things I use from that but I know I spam it a lot.

So I make use of things like that, :6::H+P: and my range to get in :4::K:
I'll usually try push for a counter to get a grab on (and then completely whiff it as I daze out). I'm pretty much trying to keep them standing and looping as much as possible, with a few knock backs to reset the fight and usually abuse :6::6::P: / :6::6::K: to force them on the back foot as I run in, hopefully giving me a chance to land :6::6::H+P: or :6::H+P: for the advantage.

Just wanting to know... Where do I go from here? Any and all help or (constructive) criticism is appreciated.

/Blitz
Stay on and use lots of 6p because almost no one is stopping you besides Jann lee. 6pk is a good mvoe. Applying SS k is good. Also using H+K too. Btu the best thing you should be doing is forcing low counters so you can get the 4k sitdown stun. It's +24 on hit, which pretty much anything you want.

Yaguar

Couple of new CB's, need testing on PS3 side but I shall do it tomorrow:
:9::P::P: :4::P: :236::K:
+ Fairly good from the first.
+ Uses the kick CB (find it isn't usually a go to counter)
- SE'able.
- Starts high at 19 frames, but arguable.

:9::P::P: :P::P: :h: :236::K:
+ Seems fairly comfortable after landing the first hit.
+ Can't be SE'd.
+ Uses the kick CB.
- Starts high at 19 frames (again).
- Setup is all highs.

MasterHavik

Those two have been found before. Thanks to Rd I found stuff like 2H+K,low counter, 4k sitdown stun. I'm right now looking for ways to sitdown stun.

RhythmikDesigns

Couple of new CB's, need testing on PS3 side but I shall do it tomorrow:
:9::P::P: :4::P: :236::K:
+ Fairly good from the first.
+ Uses the kick CB (find it isn't usually a go to counter)
- SE'able.
- Starts high at 19 frames, but arguable.

:9::P::P: :P::P: :h: :236::K:
+ Seems fairly comfortable after landing the first hit.
+ Can't be SE'd.
+ Uses the kick CB.
- Starts high at 19 frames (again).
- Setup is all highs.

Yeah these are staples I've been using for a while, you usually want to start of the 9PP as whiff punishment.

RhythmikDesigns

Those two have been found before. Thanks to Rd I found stuff like 2H+K,low counter, 4k sitdown stun. I'm right now looking for ways to sitdown stun.

Eh, I'm not sold on the 4K sitdown because you have to bait w/ a 2K string and the problem is that you those strings are unsafe. Hell, when I do get it, its wasted because I wasn't even looking for it. They should just make 4K sit down in critical stun period, not just on crouch.

Edit: I won't say its not useful, but its better used if you've already put the opponent in sitdown so you can extend it.

MasterHavik

Eh, I'm not sold on the 4K sitdown because you have to bait w/ a 2K string and the problem is that you those strings are unsafe. Hell, when I do get it, its wasted because I wasn't even looking for it. They should just make 4K sit down in critical stun period, not just on crouch.

Edit: I won't say its not useful, but its better used if you've already put the opponent in sitdown so you can extend it.
Well that goes for all characters that got new sitdown stuns in 1.03 not just Zack it seems TN is telling us to stop low holding out of stun. I'm sold on the 4k sitdown myself because it takes advantage of pp2k and 2kkk moves that make zack and make people try to hold it. I mean look at it this way...if they don't hold you can keep the vortex going if they do hold they get sitdown stun for there troubles. This also make baiting crouches possible too.

RhythmikDesigns

Little share I've held out on since the patch (I'd imagine others found it too though).

:9::P::P: :4::K: gives a sit down that grants you a free :236::K:

Yeah, another staple 9PP has a lot of mix up potential.

Right now, I'm working on some freestepping tech that punishes holds. I'll you guys know my findings soon.

Yaguar

Right now, I'm working on some freestepping tech that punishes holds. I'll you guys know my findings soon.

Awesome stuff!
I've worked on a lot of things that lead into quick frame advantages, getting them up and out for a 2KKKK spam.
Spent a little time looking for further BT combo's to try get that CH BT :4::K: sit down. Can get it from :4::H+K: but they go out of range of everything and even a quick dash eats out the frames you have.

Slowly getting there with Zack, finally learnt how to use Duck and Sway more effectively and that has been paying off for me massively. Also the raw power that is :6::K::2::K:.

I think over the next couple of weeks I might be ready to main switch fully to Zack since I've concentrated on him for a bit now. I don't expect to be that good still (lots of time and experience will work some of it out) but I really love being able to control frames and swagger around the map before finishing with Zack Beam (to look like a super star).

Oh as a side note I am working on putting the Frame Data into a spreadsheet for V1.03 Zack. I'll post it up when I finish, usually they take about 2-3 hours solid but I'm going to go at this one slowly since work is hammering me these days.
Might just mail it out to those who play him... Keep all his unsafes a secret from the community (bwuahahaha!).

JR Checking in.

Here are a few of my go to strings and tools with Zack.

:9::P::P: :4::K: :3::3::K::K: ~ Juggle

About this combo.

:3::3::K::K: is guaranteed. The timing is really strict but its not possible to SE fast enough to get out of the way.

Next. . . .
:2: :H+K: (Right trigger, low sweep . . .I don't know if there are the right inputs but you guys know what I'm talking about.)

You'd be suprised how few people actually realize that he can trip you with it.

I've got a lot more but I think I should probably just hang back till my suspension runs out or a certain ginger flavored mod decides to stop being mad that he's always a brides maid and never a bride.

But if they don't catch this then I'll just hook you guys up with all my shit later on.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD