Dance Party! DOA Zack General Discussion

Zack sucks against Helena but outside of that dirty bitch I'll take my chances against the whole roster.

Fun fact: Calibur Bladez, a Helena player, is decent with Zack too - hes got the juggles down pretty well but he ultimately tries to overwhelm you with strikes (a la Helena), which is exactly NOT the way to play with Zack.

Its 50% strikes 40% Grapples 10% Jesus looking out for you.

Also remember :P::K: ~ and :K:~. you're not always looking to land the follow up :K: for the bounce combo but you have to put it into their mind that you could. It opens up throw oppertunities when I play.

Its risky but I usually come out the better.

Also remember that you can attack while blocking. If you hold :F: to block that is.

If I ever get into a staring contest with a average to slwo character I win the folling strike exchange oftenj because I simply wait for them to make a move and throw out :6::P: or :6::K:.

In DOA4 you could mix in his OH to really screw with people. . .but they took that away.

Of course you can throw all this stuff I said in the garbage against a scrub - then you should just Attack, Stun, Grab over and over.

RhythmikDesigns

Stealth 1.03a buff

:6::P+K: can now tech jump low wake up kicks, which is great because it can now also beat out mid wake up kicks with the new wake up kick nerf.

MasterHavik

Wow that is sold tech and what does he mean Zack can attack while blocking? also we need to do his MUs guys.....I feel something will help us. I mean I think he goes even with Jann and such.

what does he mean Zack can attack while blocking? .

Hold block and do an attack: you'll transition directly into the attack without having to return to neutral.

I tell that shit to so many people and their like "WUT!?" But its a really simple tactic that could shave a 1/4 of a second off your execution and every little bit helps in DOA.

RhythmikDesigns

Hold block and do an attack: you'll transition directly into the attack without having to return to neutral.

I tell that shit to so many people and their like "WUT!?" But its a really simple tactic that could shave a 1/4 of a second off your execution and every little bit helps in DOA.

Yeah, I've just switched my control settings to put my H button on the right bumper. That's gonna take some getting use to.

MasterHavik

wow.....i can do any attack? Like 6p or 3P+K?

that's...really good...where do you see Zack in 1.03a JR?
Winning a gold medal at Final Round on March 29th.

But in terms of the rest of the cast - middle of the road. I'd probably advise people to stay away from his machine gun kicks because if you're playing them for counter bait you're going to get burned more often than not.

But thats one of those "Do as I say, not as I do." Kind of things because I use those strings a few times per match trying to set up his :214: :h:

Going to Final Round boys.

Time to put Zack back where he belongs - at the top of the food chain.

Oh and I like your idea Havik. I do it sometimes as well - probably should do it more often too.

Codemaster92163

The lack of Zack info on his own page saddens me. But I'll contribute what I know with him (been trying to learn him the past few days)

After a CB, one of the most damaging options I have found is :6::6::P::+::K::2: > :6::P::P: > :7::K::K:. You can also delay the first punch from duck to get all 3 of them then do :6::P::+::K: from sway, but timing it online can be a hassle, so I only recommend doing that one offline.

If you can hit them and they're close to a wall, you can follow up the launch with :6::P::P: > :7::P::4: :P::P::9::K: or a slightly delayed :6::P::P::P::4: > :P::P::P::K:

I've also noticed that his :3::P::+::K: launch, whether they were hit too far away or only at a mid stun height, not max stun, you can forgo the last P in his :6::P::P::P: string and instead do just two followed by :7::K::K:

Zack is a God against a wall. Simple, quick hits like :4::K: and :6::6::P: can be followed up by his duck :6::P::P::P::4: > :P::P::P::K: for insane damage, plus his wall grabs do a lot as well.

Of course there's a lot more combos than that, but those are just a few I wanted to share.

I don't think Zack is unviable. He has intense damage output and really nice mixup. Nothing about him is really subpar, plus he's one of the most fun characters I've ever used.

RhythmikDesigns

Good info. Its just there aren't a lot Zack players (here at least). But when say 6PPP, are you talking about his duck string PP6P?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD