Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

Tenren

the SS issue happened to me last night online, both ranked and lobby matches. It would go back and forth from 22/33 then back to 2H+P+K wither I was on 1 or 2 player side

also last night if some 1 sent me invite to a match it would load a black screen. I could talk with everyone and I could see people enter and leave the room but the screen was still black no loading sign.

synce

It's funny how we have to help do the job of the game testers. How does someone who gets paid for this kind of thing not notice the language settings keep resetting?

Jin Masters

Fix black screen when joing games
Fix the occasional spectate when searching for a ranked match
Fix heads spinning at the start of a round
Fix the host powers(kick,Match settings etc) when spectating
Add player names to replays
Make connections more stable

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's funny how we have to help do the job of the game testers. How does someone who gets paid for this kind of thing not notice the language settings keep resetting?

Have you tested to see if booting the game with the system language set to Japanese defaults it to Japanese?

Just curious.

Jenks3

The game tends to freeze at a black screen occasionally when accepting an XBL party invite to a room. Not sure why. Currently correlation leads me to believe it might be caused by more than 1 person accepting an invite and trying to enter the lobby at the same time.

Avalanche

In all 1v1, Zack only has one intro animation: "Lets get this party started". He only uses the second intro during tag matches, the "you're heart's gonna be all mine baby". Kind of annoying and repetitive because all the other characters have at least two intros.

Arcade/Time Attack:
There is no course that uses levels: "temple of the dragon", "end of the earth", and "lab". Its always the same levels in the same order, gets boring.

Bad clipping with Mila's towel costume, what were they thinking.

Doug Nguyen

In all 1v1, Zack only has one intro animation: "Lets get this party started". He only uses the second intro during tag matches, the "you're heart's gonna be all mine baby". Kind of annoying and repetitive because all the other characters have at least two intros.

Arcade/Time Attack:
There is no course that uses levels: "temple of the dragon", "end of the earth", and "lab". Its always the same levels in the same order, gets boring.

Bad clipping with Mila's towel costume, what were they thinking.
Does Ryu have more than one? Ive only seen the "Prepare" one

DOA5

• Text Bug-"opponents" is spelled "oppoents" in story mode.
  • Graphics Bug-Pai's head is occasionally turned to the side at the start of online matches, and turns back to face the opponent in an exorcist style before the match starts.

Doug Nguyen

• Text Bug-"opponents" is spelled "oppoents" in story mode.
  • Graphics Bug-Pai's head is occasionally turned to the side at the start of online matches, and turns back to face the opponent in an exorcist style before the match starts.

Haha the head thing happens to everyone so far.

Atrabilious

Can't really provide any idea as to what caused it, but I've experienced two system freezes/lock ups since I bought the game a few hours ago. Both have been in the middle of fights during story mode. Had to turn my Xbox off and on again to fix the issue.

My Xbox is in good nick and I don't get this problem with any other game in my collection (bar Battlefield 3 which is known for the issue), so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's something to do with DOA5.

Have you tested to see if booting the game with the system language set to Japanese defaults it to Japanese?

Just curious.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/language-options-reset.1450/#post-45165

According to this post, the game seems to read your system language settings when booting up, which is why the languages change back and forth. Setting system language to Japanese results in the option defaulting to JP voices. This is on PS3 anyway, not sure if it's any different on Xbox. Might test it later if no-one else does.

Avalanche

You might be right, I've seen "Prepare" alot come to think of it. Would be nice if everyone had at least two. I mean whats the point of having all these costumes if we can't see them animate much outside of story mode and gameplay.

There's a glitch after beating Arcade mode, game becomes unresponsive for about 10 seconds on the score sheet. (360)

FighterZealot

My strongest complaint right now is the netcode. I can play SCV and VF5FS with zero problems (will test TTT2 today) but DOA5 is yet to give me a lag-free match. It's annoying and a huge disappointment for players outside of countries with an actual scene. Like me.

I had very little problems with TTT2 netcode. I think I had one semi-laggy match in maybe 30 or so matches and that was on release date. So far with DOA5 EVERY match I have played online has lagged to some extent. A couple severe ones but most of the matches I play are bearable but definitely not on par with SCV/TTT2/ or BBCSEX.(Which I think all have great netcodes)

DR2K

The game has frozen up on me in sevral times. Once in training mode and the other when from online to offline menu.

Doug Nguyen

The game has frozen up on me in sevral times. Once in training mode and the other when from online to offline menu.
Yeah same. When you look for a only match and cancel it fast. It will load then seem to cancel but i just cant move.

FighterZealot

Forgot to ask do throwdowns actually work? Because everytime I have tried to accept a throwdown it says the person is not available to fight.

netzpretz

Forgot to ask do throwdowns actually work? Because everytime I have tried to accept a throwdown it says the person is not available to fight.

I think a lot of people are turning throwdowns off due to a known freezing bug (on ps3 at least). I have the same issue.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Throwdowns do work. It's just you get a trophy or achievement for sending them regardless of if the opponent accepts. So players are sending but cancelling once the trophy unlocks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD