Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Added Jann Lee's 6H+K doesn't break critical state when at the end of critical threshold AND 9K after 6H+K initiates critical stun does not count towards critical stun damage.:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Five times now I've looked for a ranked match and ended up watching two random people that were already in a match. Best part? When it happened twice in a row once I lost about 500 grade points without having played at all. After their match ends it generally takes me back to the search menu, but once it threw me into another match immediately and I had to dashboard.

TRI Mike

I can't leave any matches. In fact, pressing start in an online match doesn't work so when I try to leave a laggy, unplayable match (90% of them) I'm forced to either play it completely or reset the game.

DOA5

The game asks you where to save your game file every time starts up? I don't know if it's a bug or not, I think it happens with DOA4 as well, but it sure is annoying as heck.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The game asks you where to save your game file every time starts up? I don't know if it's a bug or not, I think it happens with DOA4 as well, but it sure is annoying as heck.
That's neither a bug or even a problem. It's not unique to DoA, either.

DOA5

Thanks CE, for clearing that up.

Here's another bug I'm sure everyone has encountered.

Win a match, and tries to quit out to give the crown to a new player to host in hopes of resolving connection issues, or just to stay in the lobby. Game continues on to next match before you can hit the Y button and stay in the lobby. The transition between matches after beating a player is too quick and does not function as the player desires.

synce

Not a glitch but yeah definitely needs fixing. 3 seconds is ridiculous. Also 15 secs is not enough for character select, I've never seen people run out of time to pick a character so often. I think it should be 10 -> 20 -> 20

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
This is minor but I was playing Bayman and doing the survival mode when I KOed an opponent in the middle of a combo throw however the "combo throw" text wouldn't disappear until I eventually went for another.

DOA5

Let's keep a positive attitude. I think Team Ninja went above and beyond to listen to our inputs. We are lucky to be a part of a unique community where our inputs are even considered. So please have a good attitude and not get cynical, cause if you want Team Ninja to take their precious time out to fix anything, you should be professional towards them.

MaxwellMouse

Let's keep a positive attitude. I think Team Ninja went above and beyond to listen to our inputs. We are lucky to be a part of a unique community where our inputs are even considered. So please have a good attitude and not get cynical, cause if you want Team Ninja to take their precious time out to fix anything, you should be professional towards them.
I'm not hating on Team Ninja or the game. I quite like it and I am frateful that they listen to the community at all. That said there is nothing wrong with point out mistakes, especially technical ones that are not opinionated at all.

FakeSypha

Damn, I haven't played it yet (my copy hasn't arrived yet) and I got a sky-hight hype, but seeing this thread...
>read thread
>get depressed

So many glitches. After all, DOA5 has some of the symptoms of a rushed game. It's a shame. Gameplay wise it seems to be a great improvement over previous entries (of course, we need more time to actually breakdown the game), but it's getting hurt by tons of silly glitches. That may scare away people who are on the fence to try out the series.

Hirococo

Have you tested to see if booting the game with the system language set to Japanese defaults it to Japanese?

Just curious.

Mine is set on Japanese, and this is the case if I were to try to change the menu language or voices to English and reset.

DOA5

Just think of it this way. They did focus on making sure the game engine was good, but did not test enough. It's not perfect, but a patch may be possible.

Doug Nguyen

Sometimes when you change the rules in a lobby with 2 or more people, you have to go into spectator. But the thing is that you cant go back to the game, your stuck in spectator.

ScattereDreams

Five times now I've looked for a ranked match and ended up watching two random people that were already in a match. Best part? When it happened twice in a row once I lost about 500 grade points without having played at all. After their match ends it generally takes me back to the search menu, but once it threw me into another match immediately and I had to dashboard.

Happened to me while playing on PSN.

monster637

Same here and came to add it to help, got stuck watching 2 matchs in a row, like i was n spectator mode and could hear both grumbling in there mic,then finally game ends then you get a message , lobby dismantled or something and then your back at the normal ranked setting screen.....also it was on Xbox 360

Martin

In all 1v1, Zack only has one intro animation: "Lets get this party started". He only uses the second intro during tag matches, the "you're heart's gonna be all mine baby". Kind of annoying and repetitive because all the other characters have at least two intros.

That isn't true. He says "Your heart's gonna be all mine, baby" specifically to females in solo matches.

Echo01

SideStep glitch is bloody infuriating, experienced it during my second online match and ending up furiously mashing 2H+P+K like an idiot at the start of a round to see what the hell was up.

Also, experienced a glitch with Mila within about five minutes of booting up the game. Her 214T throw somehow had her disappear off the screen during the kick animation, and when she returned I was able to ground and pound Bayman in the nuts instead of his face. Suffice to say lulz were had.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD