Dead or Alive 5 LAST ROUND Weight Classes

David Gregg

Nyo will most likely be as heavy as Helena.

Based on what I've seen and the discussion we had in the casual thread (of all places!!) we're guessing Nyo is either Middleweight or Cruiser based on some of the specific juggles that have worked on her that we've seen in gameplay vids.

synce

Based on what I've seen and the discussion we had in the casual thread (of all places!!) we're guessing Nyo is either Middleweight or Cruiser based on some of the specific juggles that have worked on her that we've seen in gameplay vids.

There's really no need to measure, TN would have to be downright retarded to put the slowest character in the game in anything but the heaviest weight class...

That said, Christie is somehow a middleweight instead of jello weight so now I'm a little concerned.

Brute

Standard Donor
There's really no need to measure, TN would have to be downright retarded to put the slowest character in the game in anything but the heaviest weight class...
We're almost certain she's Cruiser (Helena) class.

That said, Christie is somehow a middleweight instead of jello weight so now I'm a little concerned.
Eliot says "hello."

synce

Holy shit you're right, I just tested this myself with Hayate's 4k6k pp6pk. Haha wow TN.
facepalm.gif

synce

Well I can kind of understand why Eliot is lightweight but Christie is definitely in the wrong class and I have noooo fucking idea why Tengu would be in the same category as someone like her. It was my assumption that weight was another form of defense to compensate for poor offense.

You have a character like Christie with i9 jab and i11 mid that both lead into fast strings... Then you have Tengu with i14 jab and i15 mid that lead into hilariously slow strings. You can actually hit her out of PP6P with almost anything because the 6P is i20. Sure her P+K is i11 but it's -12 with no followups.

I tweeted Shimbori to get some clarification on how in the world they come up with weight classes

Brute

Standard Donor
Okay, so let's be honest here, we don't need 8 weight classes. Half that number is more than sufficient, so I've been reworking it to make more sense. Maybe if the community shows enough emphasis on the idea, Team Ninja will consider revisiting weight classes for Last Round.

So, here's what I've got:
  • Feather (Current "Feather")
    :alpha152::genfu:
  • Light (Current "Super Light")
    :ayane::christie::hitomi::kasumi::kokoro::leifang::marierose::mila::momiji::phase4::pai::sarah:
  • Middle (Current "Middle")
    :akira::bradwong::ein::eliot::hayabusa::hayate::helena::jacky::jannlee::lisa::rig::tina::zack:
  • Heavy (Current "Super Heavy")
    :bass::bayman::leon::nyotengu::rachel:

Brute

Standard Donor
Cool. But I don't get we Gen Fu should be feather.
Because he's small, old and sickly.

There's also the part about him being insanely powerful as one of the best characters in the game with great crushes, great speed, huge damage output, parries and all that other nonsense, despite currently being one of the heaviest weight classes. And karma's a bitch.

synce

There basically are only 3 weight classes for 99% of juggles if you exclude Alpha. Brute's list looks good except for Mila and Gen. Mila should be bumped up to mid since she's not that fast and she's received a fuckton of nerfs since vanilla anyway. Gen's current weight is fine IMO but they need to nerf his 6p's startup by a frame or two. He shouldn't be faster than a super ninja clone thing.

Brute

Standard Donor
Speed alone does not dictate weight class. That said, Mila is perfectly fast, matching speeds with Leifang.

She belongs as lightweight.

RoboJoe

Gen Fu should be a light weight. Alpha can die along with the feather weight class. We only need 3 weight classes.

PhoenixVFIRE

Question: Is Rachel the heaviest?
Because I was checking earlier and I'm able to get Kasumi's :236::F:, :6::K:, :P::P::K::K: off on Bass with no problems at all in open area and against the wall, but with Rachel, the first Kick in the last part always misses in open area? It's able to hit her on a wall though.

So is the hitbox or is Rachel just sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiightly heavier?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
They should be the same weight. Hitboxes make things wonky, though. A common one is Leifang's BT combos near walls. Like if you do 214T with your back to the wall or a mid kick hold facing the wall, you can do 3P 64P 6PP 33PKKK on male characters, Christie, and Sarah. Otherwise, you have to do 3PP6PP instead of 33PKK and lose a bit of damage. 33PKKK will work on Bass but not Alpha.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD