Dead or Alive 6 Cut Content and other Missing Features

Lorenzo Buti

I'm bringing this out to spread out this wide information to you all that we needed to dig up and look in the files of Dead or Alive 6. I've seen most people trying and showcase this unused audio that was probably meant to be Kasumi speaking out to the player as you select things from the menu, honestly think they were trying to encourage the player as it felt like an RPG blended in with a Fighting game until they scrapped it. The example of this information can be found in this video.

And especially these unused concept portraits where you have to purchase them with your in-game microtransactions just to view them and other features which were even cut from the final game. You can see them here.

Please let me know if there are any more cut features that were almost included in Dead or Alive 6 if you all have any to share with this thread.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Still want more cut content that isn't used in DOA6. You know someone who can dig deeper in those files?
There's probably not much deeper you can go since I'm sure there'd be more voice files posted if there were more, I think since Nico was the newcomer at the time, they probably had tag planned and had her lines ready but they didn't finish since it was cut, it would have been interesting to hear if Diego had voice lines for it.

Besides those I think the most obvious cut content would have likely have been the nurse costumes since only Mai and Kula have that slot and nurse caps.

There are some unused fatal stun animations that I recall this Ryona account on Twitter had found but for whatever reason they deleted it:

Thread 'DOA6 unused animations' https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa6-unused-animations.8943/

From what I remember, there were several very lengthy(and arguably disturbing) fatal stuns that were significantly alot more painful looking than the standard ones we have like the standard blind fatal and sidestep fatal stuns

Some lows also seemed to be able to fatal stun too which makes sense, in DOA6 alot of the characters have hidden fatals in moves if they're used against crouching foes, sidesteps, etc. I think they were gonna have it in since Bayman was shown having a low like that but maybe they scrapped it, it would have been interesting tho.

Also if you read the DOA6++ thread patch notes, there's also of hidden moves and stances that were dummied out from Dimensions and onwards, I'm guessing sl that way if they did decide to bring back a specific move they'd already have it in the files, but the frames overall seem unchanged

Lorenzo Buti

There's probably not much deeper you can go since I'm sure there'd be more voice files posted if there were more, I think since Nico was the newcomer at the time, they probably had tag planned and had her lines ready but they didn't finish since it was cut, it would have been interesting to hear if Diego had voice lines for it.

Besides those I think the most obvious cut content would have likely have been the nurse costumes since only Mai and Kula have that slot and nurse caps.

There are some unused fatal stun animations that I recall this Ryona account on Twitter had found but for whatever reason they deleted it:

Thread 'DOA6 unused animations' https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa6-unused-animations.8943/

From what I remember, there were several very lengthy(and arguably disturbing) fatal stuns that were significantly alot more painful looking than the standard ones we have like the standard blind fatal and sidestep fatal stuns

Some lows also seemed to be able to fatal stun too which makes sense, in DOA6 alot of the characters have hidden fatals in moves if they're used against crouching foes, sidesteps, etc. I think they were gonna have it in since Bayman was shown having a low like that but maybe they scrapped it, it would have been interesting tho.

Also if you read the DOA6++ thread patch notes, there's also of hidden moves and stances that were dummied out from Dimensions and onwards, I'm guessing sl that way if they did decide to bring back a specific move they'd already have it in the files, but the frames overall seem unchanged
Tell me where you can find those unused animations in a video because that link he sent out is listed as deleted.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Tell me where you can find those unused animations in a video because that link he sent out is listed as deleted.
That's what I was saying in the OG post, the video is deleted so it's nowhere as far as I know but I'm sure someone who can get deeper in the files may be able to find them!

Lorenzo Buti

You know I can clearly hear Kasumi say "Owner-san" in her Japanese voice with this unused menu dialogue for Dead or Alive 6, would be around the time when they were connected between this game and Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation. Who else has some unused animations or something that you found in the game's files?

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
I'm bringing this out to spread out this wide information to you all that we needed to dig up and look in the files of Dead or Alive 6. I've seen most people trying and showcase this unused audio that was probably meant to be Kasumi speaking out to the player as you select things from the menu, honestly think they were trying to encourage the player as it felt like an RPG blended in with a Fighting game until they scrapped it. The example of this information can be found in this video.
These English audio voice lines of Kasumi speaking to the player are particularly cute and endearing. I think there are probably quite a few people out there who would buy DLC because Kasumi asked them to.

HHH816

the RPG thingy is so interesting, i suppose you can see the character react to the costume just like in VV

Lorenzo Buti

the RPG thingy is so interesting, i suppose you can see the character react to the costume just like in VV
It feels misplaced for a 3D Fighting game that's been around for so long, I just can't believe that Team NINJA themselves want to make their company rival with From Software's soulslike titles and other RPGs that I never asked for. They should've still kept their Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden franchise for most people around to attract, and now they're not the company I usually know for action orient games. I feel like I'm starting to hate them a lot for the gigantic misstep that they put their DOA franchise in.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It feels misplaced for a 3D Fighting game that's been around for so long, I just can't believe that Team NINJA themselves want to make their company rival with From Software's soulslike titles and other RPGs that I never asked for. They should've still kept their Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden franchise for most people around to attract, and now they're not the company I usually know for action orient games. I feel like I'm starting to hate them a lot for the gigantic misstep that they put their DOA franchise in.
Tbh I don't think it's misplaced, I like the element. In soul calibur 4 actually they were gonna have a similar shopping mechanic where the character would react to buying and editing costumes, changing their mind, not having enough to pay for a costume, and even just going into the mode. SFV added something similar where Dan's sister iirc would guide the player through the dlc store and recommend certain in demands stuff that real people were buying too.

I think in DOA6 it would fit well since the characters according to Kasumi's lines would react to rank ups or demotions, new releases with characters and costumes, and stuff like that, if would make the game alot more believable and lifelike imo since the current display with the stage still and the character just standing on the screen is kinda a start but just empty without the engagement that even DOA6 quest mode seems to allude to with how Nico herself speaks to the player via her text. Definitely nothing wrong with adding some personality to the menus and such with the quotes and personality of the main character that's chosen, it would have been so interesting to see what colder characters like Rig and Christie and rachel and Ayane would say to the player if the same conditions that Kasumi had quotes for were met

Lorenzo Buti

Tbh I don't think it's misplaced, I like the element. In soul calibur 4 actually they were gonna have a similar shopping mechanic where the character would react to buying and editing costumes, changing their mind, not having enough to pay for a costume, and even just going into the mode. SFV added something similar where Dan's sister iirc would guide the player through the dlc store and recommend certain in demands stuff that real people were buying too.

I think in DOA6 it would fit well since the characters according to Kasumi's lines would react to rank ups or demotions, new releases with characters and costumes, and stuff like that, if would make the game alot more believable and lifelike imo since the current display with the stage still and the character just standing on the screen is kinda a start but just empty without the engagement that even DOA6 quest mode seems to allude to with how Nico herself speaks to the player via her text. Definitely nothing wrong with adding some personality to the menus and such with the quotes and personality of the main character that's chosen, it would have been so interesting to see what colder characters like Rig and Christie and rachel and Ayane would say to the player if the same conditions that Kasumi had quotes for were met
You know they already had a shop mechanic before in Soul Calibur III when they were going to place it again in IV until they scrapped it, but it seems that Dead or Alive 4 was similar to that where you go into the Online Mode and from there is Zack's Shop and Customize option where from around that time is something new for DOA, but now with Dead or Alive 6 it's hardly ever a Customization with SUNGLASSES and HAIRSTYLES being the only options for it! Even worse are those hair colors that were on PS4 WITH THE PREMIUM TICKETS BEING CRIMINALLY ADDED OVER AND BOILS MY BLOOD 100 TIMES MORE THAT I WON'T TAKE DOA6 LIGHTLY ANYMORE!! But back where I was mentioning the dialogue, perhaps that Kasumi was originally meant to guide the player throughout DOA6 and even so they had those lines recorded and then scrapped at the last minute all because they thought too much over RPGs.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You know they already had a shop mechanic before in Soul Calibur III when they were going to place it again in IV until they scrapped it, but it seems that Dead or Alive 4 was similar to that where you go into the Online Mode and from there is Zack's Shop and Customize option where from around that time is something new for DOA, but now with Dead or Alive 6 it's hardly ever a Customization with SUNGLASSES and HAIRSTYLES being the only options for it! Even worse are those hair colors that were on PS4 WITH THE PREMIUM TICKETS BEING CRIMINALLY ADDED OVER AND BOILS MY BLOOD 100 TIMES MORE THAT I WON'T TAKE DOA6 LIGHTLY ANYMORE!! But back where I was mentioning the dialogue, perhaps that Kasumi was originally meant to guide the player throughout DOA6 and even so they had those lines recorded and then scrapped at the last minute all because they thought too much over RPGs.
Oh that I know, I like how in SC4 tho they were able to translate that into a store clerk interacting with them, if that would have made the cut it would have definitely been funny xD

And I tend to disregard the hair color thing now, it was bad especially since Xbox didn't get that and you can literally recolor stuff for free on pc xD

Lorenzo Buti

Oh that I know, I like how in SC4 tho they were able to translate that into a store clerk interacting with them, if that would have made the cut it would have definitely been funny xD

And I tend to disregard the hair color thing now, it was bad especially since Xbox didn't get that and you can literally recolor stuff for free on pc xD
If that hair color option made it to the Xbox, there would've been an enormous number of outrage and many other reports that can cause Koei Tecmo to lose most of their money within people's feedback. That's why they never listen to us in the first place, the missing Tag Mode and Team Battle should've been their money they could've spent on instead they use it as their short-lived DOA Championship. Already I'm still pissed after that whole wasted year of support it had. And yet I could always beat it down until they announce a new DOA title for all of us. I'm not the same kind of guy who's mostly satisfied with Dead or Alive 5's support after why we can't have a more normal looking DOA fighting game.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Not enough evidence, you even looked for the 3D model files of them in DOA6?

It wouldn't have been completely out of reach for them to add the DOA5 assets of: Leon, Genfu, Ein, Alpha-152 while adding the BB/BH animations through dev time.

Lorenzo Buti

It wouldn't have been completely out of reach for them to add the DOA5 assets of: Leon, Genfu, Ein, Alpha-152 while adding the BB/BH animations through dev time.
I mean normally they would've used their current DOA6 Engine which I know is shitty but who knows what Leon, Ein, and Gen Fu would look like in the DW9 Engine. Perhaps if someone can showcase an example of their DOA6 appearance.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD