Dead or Alive 6: Online Beta

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Can anyone explain why Ayane has better throw damage than practically the entire cast. She might as well have a BURST. Hard to react to with no stagger escape she can hit you all day without feeling punished in the slight... Unless she is being used by a player that doesn't know how.

Turtling Ayane on this dumb fuckin stage is like getting your balls blown off. Never liked it when players claimed it was high tier play to zone the entire match. What it really is is you being a pussy.
Zoning accentuates her style, she’s a character that’s hard to approach. Her moves have a lot of range as well. I think you should play more carefully against her, especially with somebody like Diego.

Raansu

Can anyone explain why Ayane has better throw damage than practically the entire cast. She might as well have a BURST. Hard to react to with no stagger escape she can hit you all day without feeling punished in the slight... Unless she is being used by a player that doesn't know how.

Turtling Ayane on this dumb fuckin stage is like getting your balls blown off. Never liked it when players claimed it was high tier play to zone the entire match. What it really is is you being a pussy.

Ayane players zone because it doesn't take any effort to zone with her. She fast at doing it and evasive at the exact same time while having reach that practically extends a mile past the tip of her toes. She's not exactly a high skilled character. She never has been. In DoA2 you could literally win with 4P and 4T lol.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Ayane is not an easy character to play with, she’s unsafe and can be punished if you know how to play against her. She’s very evasive and unpredictable but if you play calm, patient and punish her properly she can’t really win.

Rubbish Radish

Just played the beta for like an hour. I really like it. I didn't find the face zoom thing and other effects as intrusive as I initially thought they looked. Don't know how to use him yet, but I really liked Diego from what I've played of him. Kind of wish you could dick around in a training room while waiting between matches.

Had two weird moments where I got stuck on the waiting screen, and one crash.

I really like the UI design on the menus (but I have crap taste so take that with a grain of salt).

Also like the ost, or at least the menu theme and the song that plays on the one stage.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Ayane is not an easy character to play with, she’s unsafe and can be punished if you know how to play against her. She’s very evasive and unpredictable but if you play calm, patient and punish her properly she can’t really win.

Colosseum is perfect for her honestly. I also think people underplay her ability for some reason. Can't wait to get ahold of her in tight environment.

I want answers on her ridiculous throw strength that continues from DOA5. She has enough ways to be good. And it's just an added bonus.

I also don't see the skill level you are speaking of. She has ridiculous damage for combos that are even less inputs than a b&b.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Colosseum is perfect for her honestly. I also think people underplay her ability for some reason. Can't wait to get ahold of her in tight environment.

I want answers on her ridiculous throw strength that continues from DOA5. She has enough ways to be good. And it's just an added bonus.

I also don't see the skill level you are speaking of. She has ridiculous damage for combos that are even less inputs than a b&b.
A lot of Ayane players can’t play her properly, I’m not an Ayane player but maybe @Force_of_Nature could explain to you why Ayane isn’t that easy, since he mains her.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
My favorite matches in the beta were against Jefffcore. Another Hayabusa player I respect. I also fought JDE but we didn’t get to finish either match. It was fun but worrisome for me as an Xbox player. If this is the state of the lead platform...

Raansu

My favorite matches in the beta were against Jefffcore. Another Hayabusa player I respect. I also fought JDE but we didn’t get to finish either match. It was fun but worrisome for me as an Xbox player. If this is the state of the lead platform...

I thought the PC was the lead platform. Most of the events were the pc version.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I thought the PC was the lead platform. Most of the events were the pc version.
That’d be interesting but I’ll believe that when I see it. Nioh was pretty solid on PC but wasn’t developed as the lead. 5 was a disaster.

Raansu

That’d be interesting but I’ll believe that when I see it. Nioh was pretty solid on PC but wasn’t developed as the lead. 5 was a disaster.

Well 5 was clearly just a rushed port. From what Rikuto has said, the game looks and runs great on PC. I imagine it will be way better than 5 given they are all developing at the same time on doa6. I think the real problem with the current consoles though is there's different versions. So you gotta make it work on the weaker launch systems. Its a different conversation in general, but this is kind of why I always felt the one x and the PS4 Pro were just such bad ideas.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
No different than PC with different configs. Just adds a new SKU to support for the devs if they choose to. The X should always be the lead console SKU but even if it’s not it tends to run better anyway. TN knows this. Just look at the back compat version of NGB. Looks and runs amazingly well.

Macca Beam

5's port ran like silk on my friend's old laptop that struggled with MKX at minimum settings, I don't remember what's so bad about it aside from a couple missing stages and messed up camera controls

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD