DOA6 Dead or Alive: Gold Fighters *New Game Idea*

I'm not being rude, I'm simply pointing out an obvious observation. Being blunt is the most effective way to get a point across. There's nothing wrong with being bad at a game, but people are not just going to let you make wild suggestions when its clear you don't understand how to play.
The way you're talking to me is reminiscent of how APO Prince used to attack me to win an argument. You've said I don't know how to play at least twice now. Give it a rest.

Raansu

*shrug*
The truth hurts I guess. For the record I'm pretty mediocre at the game as well, I'm just not afraid to acknowledge it as I understand what makes a good fighting game. I also have a lot of respect for top players and little respect for those that would disparage them like you have been doing.

The reason why your changes to the game are poorly received here is because you have the mindset of a scrub.

Every change you want to make to this game is because YOU don't know how to deal with it. You removing Jann Lee's Dragon Kick in that new mod of yours is a perfect example of this. You also nerfed moves to where jabs do more damage lol. Your balance decisions are utterly nonsensical. All characters are heavyweights now? Like Raansu said, you have no idea what you're doing.

I never thought I'd be reading game adjustments that makes TN's own balancing efforts look sensible in comparison.
What you think is irrelevant because you haven't played it. I like the mod so far. But I need to do something about people who want to stay on the ground.

*shrug*
Maybe you are, maybe you are not, who knows. I'd argue based on this thread and looking at several of your videos that you're likely not considering you think a slow 25 frame start up move is broken.
If it's not a good move he doesn't need it anyway :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Every character has a bad move or some tho, that's part of move set design. Every character has moves that are strong and part of their BnB and then you have the mid level moves and then moves that are lousy or below average. Kasumi has moves like that like her 9PP which are near useless it have very little reason to use them over other options

Raansu

I never said it was bad, I just said its ridiculous you think its broken. He has a pretty obvious run up animation before going into the kick and the kick itself is only active for a few frames. Yes its a little annoying to deal with online if there's some input delay, but the move itself isn't broken just because you're unable to react to a 25 frame move with a noticeable run up animation.

Kasumi has moves like that like her 9PP which are near useless it have very little reason to use them over other options
9PP isn't unblockable and can't deal 70 close-hit damage.
Yes its a little annoying to deal with online if there's some input delay, but the move itself isn't broken just because you're unable to react to a 25 frame move with a noticeable run up animation.
Agree to disagree. Good talk, guys.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I was looking up VF5FS frame data the other night and comparing it with the VF characters in DOA5LR. Their framedata is nearly identical, which makes them incredibly strong in DOA5. I don't understand this balance decision by TN. So the VF characters get the pros from VF and then on top of that you give them holds that were only exclusive to DOA characters. They get the benefits of both worlds. No wonder those characters are on a higher level than the rest of the roster lol.

BTW just got vanilla DOA5 in the mail today.
You should check out Pai’s Vanilla DOA5 combo videos by Codemaster and Timasty. She had some pretty wicked stuff back then.

Too early to make a judgement. What little I've played so far it feels really good and is fun.

Oh and I made sure to disconnect my ethernet cable so I don't get the Day 1 patch or any of the other patches after. I want DOA5 raw lol.
I don't remember how it was. I think Jann Lee's 6P was 12 frames or something. lol There was a survival mode glitch where sometimes a character would come out being 4 inches taller. It was gross XD

Gultigargar

I was looking up VF5FS frame data the other night and comparing it with the VF characters in DOA5LR. Their framedata is nearly identical, which makes them incredibly strong in DOA5. I don't understand this balance decision by TN. So the VF characters get the pros from VF and then on top of that you give them holds that were only exclusive to DOA characters. They get the benefits of both worlds. No wonder those characters are on a higher level than the rest of the roster lol.

From what I heard it was actually SEGA being very particular about how the VF characters should play, and any input form Team Ninja no matter how minor had to go through a long approval process.

Reactions: Rob

Awesmic

Standard Donor

Have fun with guard breaks getting maximum frame advantage no matter how long you charge it...

You thought Christie was a pain to deal with in DOA6? Vanilla DOA5 Christie - at least in my opinion - was even worse. Here, 4p+k always guarantees 6p on block. Combined with vanilla's easier, less angle-restrictive wall throws, you were almost always going to eat crow on wakeup against a solid Christie player.

At one point in the 1.03A patch details prior to release, her 3k was going to be an additional sitdown stun near critical threshold, but it was thankfully scrapped.

But at least in vanilla DOA5, her rolling t is no longer wall resistant and wall hits the opponent, so no +23 frame advantage for her near the wall, at least.

Raansu

Akira was a monster in vanilla 5 lol. All of them got toned down in LR, but ya the VF characters overall stood out quite a bit in DoA5 and even had some VF stun mechanics.

Reactions: Rob
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD