Dead or Alive Online Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegan Eckhart

66K isn't the only thing he gets guaranteed from it. He has the ability to cut through 95% of the attacks in the game and gets guaranteed attacks to put you into a heavy stun straight away.

If it ONLY guaranteed 66K I wouldn't care but that is not the case. He basically has a DP that enables him to land CB within about a second and a half.

It just shouldn't be an OH, if he gets one then give OH's back to everyone who lost theirs too. He doesn't need the damn thing to open you up, he's fast and has ridiculous range. His dragon gunner is just there to dumb down his game play.

Sixmsj

66K isn't the only thing he gets guaranteed from it. He has the ability to cut through 95% of the attacks in the game and gets guaranteed attacks to put you into a heavy stun straight away.

If it ONLY guaranteed 66K I wouldn't care but that is not the case. He basically has a DP that enables him to land CB within about a second and a half.
As the victim of this to some good Jann players, I understand this post. Getting 3/4 of your life drained after a CB because you knocked the Jann down to under half health is demoralizing.

The offensive hold property is what really gets me..

I'm still not sure a nerf is in order, the game has only been out so long.

Chris Harris

They don't need to nerf Jann Lee at all. With time people will be able to react to it with a 4i or 5i throw. You can't break them on high counter anymore so all you have to do is press the button when you see him go for it. It takes time and experience to see it but it can be done.

Ayane doesn't need a nerf. What she has is perfectly fair, it's just most DoA players have literally the worst defense on the planet so it can seem a bit overbearing.

The only balance issues that need to be fixed are:
-Tina's ground game glitch
-Mila infinite

Anything else balance wise needs to be waited on for a while until people get better with the game. Of course this all means nothing if no one travels and we continue to get the same 8-10 man tournaments.

There are some system issues I have with the game but I doubt they will change those.

Stop arguing about Zack and "Ninjas" in every thread as it is really getting old. . .especially considering neither of you know what you're talking about. Just agree to disagree or something like that.

Omegan Eckhart

They don't need to nerf Jann Lee at all. With time people will be able to react to it with a 4i or 5i throw. You can't break them on high counter anymore so all you have to do is press the button when you see him go for it. It takes time and experience to see it but it can be done.
I would lay a heavy wager that high level players will not be reacting to it with i5 grabs. If people could do that then nothing in DOA would be a threat.
Ayane doesn't need a nerf. What she has is perfectly fair, it's just most DoA players have literally the worst defense on the planet so it can seem a bit overbearing.
If Ayane players are stupid enough to be throwing 66K out in open space without hit confirming, having it blocked and then continuing to attack anyway they deserve to get punished because they're playing like idiots. It doesn't guard crush and yet it offers +7, that is an obvious mistake with the frame data.
-Mila infinite

Anything else balance wise needs to be waited on for a while until people get better with the game. Of course this all means nothing if no one travels and we continue to get the same 8-10 man tournaments.

There are some system issues I have with the game but I doubt they will change those.

Stop arguing about Zack and "Ninjas" in every thread as it is really getting old. . .especially considering neither of you know what you're talking about. Just agree to disagree or something like that.

Chris Harris

You do realize Busa has a TRACKING +2 mid. He also has 4pk which is +9 which is more than +7. So if you can react and hold that then you can react and press a button to Jann Lee wiggling his leg at you. And Rabies actually does react to Dragon Gunner fairly well as does some other players. It doesn't make it useless but it makes it so you have to use it in better situations.

Jann Lee is a simple yet effective character. His power is only boosted the worse the player is. So to someone who is bad he might as well be a God because you are going to get hit by everything and always guess wrong. You want them to take something away purely because you have no means to get around it. We might as well nerf everything in the game to make it easy to escape so the scrubs won't get beat so badly.

You just want to hit the buttons when he gets near you so you don't get handled which is why it is killing yall so much. If you play a tad bit of defense you might not die as fast and learn something.

Perfect Legend

You can react to it with a 5 frame grab especially if you know its coming and you look for it. You ever think about spacing Jann Lee out? Its not supposed to be easy mode dude. Step your game up

edit:
Also Jann Lee is still weak to evasive characters and characters who can out speed him as well as those who force him to be offensive.

Omegan Eckhart

You do realize Busa has a TRACKING +2 mid. He also has 4pk which is +9 which is more than +7. So if you can react and hold that then you can react and press a button to Jann Lee wiggling his leg at you. And Rabies actually does react to Dragon Gunner fairly well as does some other players. It doesn't make it useless but it makes it so you have to use it in better situations.
In string guard crushes are different to something that can be thrown out at any given moment. At least you can read it when it is at the end of a string.
You just want to hit the buttons when he gets near you so you don't get handled which is why it is killing yall so much. If you play a tad bit of defense you might not die as fast and learn something.
Just want to hit buttons? No I just don't want a non grappler to have an OH that eliminates 95% of my move list. Seeing how he is faster than most characters and has probably the best ranged game of the cast, with the exception of Ayane playing defensive against him doesn't get you very far.

You can react to it with a 5 frame grab especially if you know its coming and you look for it.
You can react to anything if you know it's coming and just wait for the start up animation. Waiting for it means you can't attack meaning he can do whatever he likes.
You ever think about spacing Jann Lee out?
Oh come on, how many characters can keep up with Jann Lee's spacing game?
Its not supposed to be easy mode dude. Step your game up.
I am not in favour of easy mode, that's why I think his OH is such bullshit.

I respect your opinions but I can't agree with them.

Jefffcore

The dragon gunner doesn't beat 95% of your move list. If you're at disadvantage it just beats whatever it has time to, and if you're not it wont stop anything. If you're at neutral you'll beat it with simple attacks. Should be using it when you think someone is gonna hold or SS, making this whole thing moot.

Reactions: avi

MasterHavik

Jann Lee is a simple yet effective character. His power is only boosted the worse the player is. So to someone who is bad he might as well be a God because you are going to get hit by everything and always guess wrong. You want them to take something away purely because you have no means to get around it. We might as well nerf everything in the game to make it easy to escape so the scrubs won't get beat so badly.

Just to add Zack is +15 after his duck command throw when you just do duck T, T. So if moves like these are frame data mistakes then let's nerf them too.

Zeo

-Mila infinite

Agreed, the OH property is a little much in my opinion but it's not particularly gamebreaking and we don't need to nerf good chars in any way, I don't really see Ayane needing much of a nerf either.

Bold 1: Finally someone agrees, the ground glitch needs to go.

Bold 2: You're a little late, as it's been dealt with and 2 threads is hardly "every thread" especially when 1 thread was actually a thread suited to the discussion. And where did I not know what I was talking about? I'm honestly curious as to you throwing that out.

MasterHavik

Agreed, the OH property is a little much in my opinion but it's not particularly gamebreaking and we don't need to nerf good chars in any way, I don't really see Ayane needing much of a nerf either.

Bold 1: Finally someone agrees, the ground glitch needs to go.

Bold 2: You're a little late, as it's been dealt with and 2 threads is hardly "every thread" especially when 1 thread was actually a thread suited to the discussion. And where did I not know what I was talking about? I'm honestly curious as to you throwing that out.
Just answering the last part. I think me and him both had some fair points....I mean...all the problems I brought up with Zack are real problems. You're telling that I don't know that TN took out his 6pk unholdable? And me and Zeo are cool now.

Raansu

It just shouldn't be an OH, if he gets one then give OH's back to everyone who lost theirs too. He doesn't need the damn thing to open you up, he's fast and has ridiculous range. His dragon gunner is just there to dumb down his game play.

DoA5 is also a much more stun heavy game than 3.1 and he doesn't have the insane frame traps he had in 3.1. His stun game from the dragon gunner is fine considering he's taking a risk going for it.

Give him +1 back on 66k and all variations of that kick and I'll give people a real reason to cry about Jann Lee.

Reactions: avi

BierKlauMeister

-Mila infinite

This post right here has spoken the biggest tuth ive read in FSD in a biiiig time, could this please be front paged and locked?

damedame

Wow, that's really cool. We can read posts on that twitter thing directly from the game makers.
lol... I like their wording "haado-meikaa no chekku chuu"... in check by the hardware makers. XD haha
Reminds me of when we got to talk directly to Itagaki on xbox live during the DOA2 online tournament where you had to beat him to get in.

Something-Unique

Ok the sidestep glitch is quickly becoming my most hated thing about this game. So random and has cost me a few matches.

The replay glitch is weird as well. I don't understand how a replay of a match can turn into something that didn't even happen. At this rate I'll never be able to change the one I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD