Status
Not open for further replies.

werewolfgold

How Falcom DLC was announced:

doa5lr-falcom.jpg

What we actually got:

maxresdefault.jpg
How the Falcom promo was worded: "September Update Info - Nihon Falcom costume collaboration confirmed."
How the KOF promo was worded: "The King of Fighters Series Collab Costumes - Women Fighters Team collaboration costumes have arrived."

The former was a lot more general, the latter was very specific. I'm not saying that there won't be more costumes revealed, but what I am saying is literally the only thing that was mentioned in regard to KOF were the Women Fighters Team from 2000: Yuri, Hinako, Kasumi, and Mai. When Mai was revealed as an actual character, Hayashi said "I bet you thought it was strange that Mai was missing from the Women Fighters Team, right?"

Also compare this to the Aquaplus promo which says "New and old, classic and popular character collaboration costumes have arrived." Again, not as specific.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But
How the Falcom promo was worded: "September Update Info - Nihon Falcom costume collaboration confirmed."
How the KOF promo was worded: "The King of Fighters Series Collab Costumes - Women Fighters Team collaboration costumes have arrived."

The former was a lot more general, the latter was very specific. I'm not saying that there won't be more costumes revealed, but what I am saying is literally the only thing that was mentioned in regard to KOF were the Women Fighters Team from 2000: Yuri, Hinako, Kasumi, and Mai. When Mai was revealed as an actual character, Hayashi said "I bet you thought it was strange that Mai was missing from the Women Fighters Team, right?"
But were there even any recent crossover sets that had less than 16 costumes? (Only in DOA5 Ultimate were a few very small sets of just two.) Seems as if when they manage to get a licence (which sure doesn't come cheap) they are going all out with it:

All Last Round crossovers:

Samurai Warriors:
Dead-or-Alive-5-Last-Round-Samurai-Warriors-Mashup-Costume-DLC-Trailer.jpg

Falcom:
maxresdefault.jpg

Fairy Tail:
Dead-or-Alive-5-Last-Round-Fairy-Tail-Mashup-Costume-DLC-Trailer.jpg

Gust:
maxresdefault.jpg

Tatsunoko:
DoA-Tatsunoko.png

Schoolgirl Strikers:
maxresdefault.jpg

Senran Kagura:
dead-or-alive-5-last-round-senran-kagura-costumes.jpg

Soon Attack on Titan:
x720-BGC.jpg

werewolfgold

It's possible. But, it's not quite what they said. You could maybe expand it to any character that has been on a Women Fighters Team in KOF ever, like King, Chizuru, Xiangfei, and I think Mary. And I think they should have other characters in there, especially Kyo, Iori, Terry, Ryo, etc. But, if it doesn't end up that way, you can't say that they lied to you or anything. lol

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
I don't think it'll be just 3 costumes. At least I hope not. It would be such a huge waste, for TN too. KOF is a pretty well known unlike a couple of the previous crossovers and 3 costumes certainly would not be profitable for them.

Uncle_T

It's possible. But, it's not quite what they said. You could maybe expand it to any character that has been on a Women Fighters Team in KOF ever, like King, Chizuru, Xiangfei, and I think Mary. And I think they should have other characters in there, especially Kyo, Iori, Terry, Ryo, etc. But, if it doesn't end up that way, you can't say that they lied to you or anything. lol
It would be cool to see who would get what but i dont want nobody but nobody to get Ryo's outfit. His gi is cool but karate gis are the mcdonalds of fighting game costumes.

P2p1mbs

This month's dlc hasn't even come out and was only announced a few days ago and people are already talking about the dlc packs coming out much later. I would say I'm surprised but seeing as how this AOT pack has everyone dressed the same, I guess it makes sense that no one really cares. I admit, I don't care much either but I do plan on buying at least Rachel and Mila's , they look ok. Still I'm surprised no one is even trying to figure out who each character is supposed to be dressed as.

Uncle_T

I watched like 8 episodes of aot and this pack reminded me that i gotta finish the anime. Based on lookalikes, im going to assume that Eliot is Armin and that Rig is the boy with the buzzcut.

P2p1mbs

Eliot is Armin

I would be surprised if this wasn't the case. Besides Eliot's muscles, he looks the part. I'm guessing Marie is the short blonde girl who everyone loves and thinks is a goddess whose name I forget (appropriately enough considering how TN keeps using Marie :rolleyes:).

Who is Phase 4 dressed as? I don't read the manga so I'm guessing she appears later in the story?

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I would be surprised if this wasn't the case. Besides Eliot's muscles, he looks the part. I'm guessing Marie is the short blonde girl who everyone loves and thinks is a goddess whose name I forget (appropriately enough considering how TN keeps using Marie :rolleyes:).

Who is Phase 4 dressed as? I don't read the manga so I'm guessing she appears later in the story?
levi in his cleaning outfit i think?

Uncle_T

Looks like...

Rachel = Annie

Eliot = Armin

Gen Fu = Dot(ofcourse)

Ayane = Mikasa

Phase4 = Levi when he's cleaning

Zack = Reiner

Hayabusa = Levi(ofcourse)

Hayate = Eren

JL = Bertholdt/Bertolt.

Ol Uncle T is 95% sure that these are spot on.

I wasn't sure on Zack and JL until i took a good look at their t-shirts.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

If you actually know her backstory and her truly...that becomes ironic REAL FAST.

Boogie

you know what would've been a good cross over?
Last Round x the 100k+ designs they got from the design contests for like the past 3 years.

or maybe expanding Last Round x Virtua Fighter with costumes.

or maybe, just maybe. Last Round x Final Fantasy because they're also working on Dissidia.

or Last Round x Pokemon Go because fuck it.

Argentus

This month's dlc hasn't even come out and was only announced a few days ago and people are already talking about the dlc packs coming out much later. I would say I'm surprised but seeing as how this AOT pack has everyone dressed the same, I guess it makes sense that no one really cares. I admit, I don't care much either but I do plan on buying at least Rachel and Mila's , they look ok. Still I'm surprised no one is even trying to figure out who each character is supposed to be dressed as.

The outfit itself isn't bad I'm tempted to get it for mila and Leon but since its just a copy paste, there's nothing to talk about.

FYI I thought p4 was that doctor who asked jean to confirm his friends corpse

Banana56

If the costumes are for only from those who were part of The Woman Fighters team aside from Mai, they should be

King
Yuri
Chizuru
Mary
Kasumi
Hinako
May Lee
Xiangfei
Alice

Chapstick

I've also heard Phase 4 is a character that cleans up dead bodies which would make sense why she was shown at the end of the trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD