Status
Not open for further replies.

system11

Standard Donor
I'm ok with the stuff they released on XB1 last night (PS4 EU missing so far.....) At least it's something different.

Kronin

Honestly I really like the pack and I believed that more people would have appreciated it considering that the first thought from many was that we would have got direct port of outfits from "The World Only God Knows".

The designs of the outfits is very particular, so this mean that very likely or you love it or you hate it and nothing can be done for it, but they seem to me surely original. The outfits are again a time warrior ones, I believe that was this the main reason because they asked a collaboration with the artist rather than with the franchise of his work (in addition to be more cheaper, I suppose): in this way they could continue to create real fighter outfits like already did with the series Senran Kagura and Deception (indipendently for some of them not being necessarily fighter outfits, all of them are worn from "warriors" of the games: to make cosplay from the female characters of TWOGK wouldn't have allowed it). Again for me is the usual step forward from the packs generic sexy packs of Ultimate, more like was already noticed this time seem that the textures aren't afflicted from the outfits being destructable and this is surely a good thing.

It also seems, as if they have ditched the plan, to make at least two or three male costumes per DLC pack. This one has no guys, the swimsuit pack will very likely also have no guys among them. And I thought, TN had learned... *sighs*

This pack doesn't give really evidence of anything because Tamiki Wakaki's main work is full of female characters and it would be just logical to expect that a collaboration of him will see involved only female characters. This would be as to expect to see the Senran Kagura pack to provide outfits for DoA male characters: the SK franchise involve even male characters (as Tamiki's manga) or old characters, but everyone could be sure that the DLC pack would have seen the focus only on the female characters (just the ones that make the franchise popular).

Same for the next DLC pack: happening it in the main month of summer it was predictable to expect another swimsuit pack and, after so much of them, TN already made clear as they don't plan to release swimsuits for male characters too (a shame that the "Fighter" DLC was bad received). If something the true surprise is that this time 2 female characters (almost surely Pai and Sarah) will be discarded from it. EDIT: Of course there is also the hypthoesis that in such 16 costumes we could see swimsuits for male and female characters, but this seems to me something definitely too much unlikely! However never say never again, after all no one would have ever bet to get destructable outfits for males too...

What really will say us if Team NINJA want continue or less to release some male outfits in the DLC packs (as happened almost always from the Police one) will be the trend followed from the packs of September and November. Personally I'm optimistic in that regard, but of course I don't know the future.

PS:
There is a positive for who wish purchase the Season Pass: this second one cost the same of the first one but actually include 20 more outfits compared to the previous one (98 + Honoka secret agent against the previous 78 + Angelic Maid Marie Rose). The DLC packs are less (5 instead than 6), but the outfits included are actually more.

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Hitomi rocks the Tactical Frills look the best in my opinion, she looks like a futuristic Sailor Jupiter i dig it :hitomi:
kokoro looks great too but these designs didn't take clipping into consideration :/
tumblr_nruknfoB9p1tbcnq4o7_400.jpg

I hope the "Mystery bags" aren't just more costume packs, maybe a stage or new mode pls?

Kronin

I hope the "Mystery bags" aren't just more costume packs, maybe a stage or new mode pls?

This would be nice, effectively could be a possible scenario if the stages and eventual mods are still free for all (so there is no way to promote them as a pay content of the Season Pass).

However I think that it's more realistic to think that the promotion of the game follow separate specifical phases and targets in the mind of the producers behind it: new important contents as characters or stages could be planned for a later future, my speculation is that they could start to be released from the first birthday of the release of Last Round. Marie Rose, the first DLC character for DoA5U, was made available on console almost exactly 6 months after the game's release.

Yuffie

So that means a new outfit for Sarah (and Pai). I'll take it, I really wish the VF fighters had more outfits.
If you look at the season pass, it says 16 costumes for August. There's 18 (not including Alpha) girls, so most likely no Pai and Sarah this time :(

Sonicfan11589

Anyone with the (digital) PS4 version having trouble downloading/installing the outfits, I bought the season pass, downloaded the catalogs, and each individual costume after they became free after purchasing the pass, the outfits themselves won't install. I can tell because they won't appear in the fighter select screen. Any ideas?

It also says error in my download queue on the web browser version of PSN.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Anyone with the (digital) PS4 version having trouble downloading/installing the outfits, I bought the season pass, downloaded the catalogs, and each individual costume after they became free after purchasing the pass, the outfits themselves won't install. I can tell because they won't appear in the fighter select screen. Any ideas?

It also says error in my download queue on the web browser version of PSN.
Strange...they worked fine for me. Just had to click each one after they were listed as free. I have a disc version though.

Yuffie

@Kronin I also noticed more costumes for the same price. Guess the previous one was just as expensive due to collaborations.
Also did you notice that on the swimsuit pack there's 16 instead of 18? I hope that is a typo

system11

Standard Donor
A lot of stuff now comes out Tuesday now - for example Tembo and Journey both landed today at the same time as the US. Perhaps they've only aligned for new releases rather than DLC. The alignment was I think to encourage people to buy from the local PSN instead of from the US earlier for less - it's a recent push.

system11

Standard Donor
A lot of stuff now comes out Tuesday now - for example Tembo and Journey both landed today at the same time as the US. Perhaps they've only aligned for new releases rather than DLC. The alignment was I think to encourage people to buy from the local PSN instead of from the US earlier for less - it's a recent push.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...re-journey-hatoful-boyfriend-skullgirls-more/

So yeah, it should have been today and SCEE fucked up as usual.

Additionally £61.49 on Xbox One while £73.99 on PS4. I really want to know who is responsible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD