Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo

TN wouldn't dare Xover with western muck! You soil their sacred weeb and otaku fanbase
They've already done soiled it when they first announced Marie Rose in Ultimate then Honoka in Last Round and when they become the poster child's of DOA franchise including DOAX3 plus licensed collab dlc also became a trend for season packs so the has damage already been is done. A Overwatch mashup will not be that bad since those overseas actually love the game which is not in developed by a company in western territories so quit it with the TN xenophobic gimmick because both you and I know damn well that we're letting them milk our wallets with the fanservice and crossover contents for awhile now.

UpSideDownGRUNT

They've already done soiled it when they first announced Marie Rose in Ultimate then Honoka in Last Round and when they become the poster child's of DOA franchise including DOAX3 plus licensed collab dlc also became a trend for season packs so the has damage already been is done. A Overwatch mashup will not be that bad since those overseas actually love the game which is not in developed by a company in western territories so quit it with the TN xenophobic gimmick because both you and I know damn well that we're letting them milk our wallets with the fanservice and crossover contents for awhile now.
Well, it was a joke and I haven't paid a penny for DLC since March

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
A Tekken x DOA collaboration can be a highly consideration by both fans and the producers from both companies, but why DDR?
It's Japanese, and the dancers all have costumes that would fit the cast. Naoki and Jun from Hottest Party 2 and 3 could be given to Marie Rose and Eliot for example. Plus the franchise is very popular both in the west and in Japan. I love the whole series♡

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That would be interesting
Yeh, plus Naoki and Jun are my favorite dancers, so cute and just how I prefer my characters in general:
DDR_hottest_party_3_screen_1.jpg

The front dancer is Naoki, he's my favorite dancer in the series, Eliot would get him hands down. Ein I could see getting what the back up dancers Hip and Hop are wearing.(The blonde one Hip is my favorite backup dancer)

RJREA4-7.PNG

This one is Jun, my second favorite, Marie would definitely get her since they're both loli in appearance and dress in various Lolita fashion. She has a Wa Lolita outfit with a kimono and bun, but couldn't find any hi res images of it.

Dance_Dance_Revolution_Hottest_Party_gameplay_1.jpg

Zack would probably get either UG(The rainbow afro dancer) or Danca(The Jamaican smiling dancer in the very back). I seriously doubt TN would do it, but I'd be happy since I love DDR.

P2p1mbs

TN wouldn't dare Xover with western muck! You soil their sacred weeb and otaku fanbase

I heard that it was actually highly anticipated in Japan, as far as fps games are concerned. Besides, Blizzard games are famously popular worldwide (like statecraft in Korea, wow in China and dota here). I always thought that a Blizzard games crossover would be the most likely western crossover doa can make now that the series is multiplatform.

Argentus

Again purely because blizzard dumped 95% of the games budget into advertising overwatch instead of making content for the game XD

P2p1mbs

Again purely because blizzard dumped 95% of the games budget into advertising overwatch instead of making content for the game XD

I don't play it so I wouldn't know. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it's popular.

What other western game franchise do you all think can work as a crossover with doa? Keeping into consideration that how well they sell in Japan is a major factor. Anything I can think of is owned by much greedier publishers and as such can't possibly work.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They could collab with Skullgirls for sure, probably Mortal Kombat too. Skullgirls I could definitely see happening since it's pretty much an all girl game with sexy women, barring Beowulf.

Argentus

I don't play it so I wouldn't know. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it's popular.

What other western game franchise do you all think can work as a crossover with doa? Keeping into consideration that how well they sell in Japan is a major factor. Anything I can think of is owned by much greedier publishers and as such can't possibly work.

Its hard to come up with stuff because there aren't really a lot western series with more than a couple characters.

Most western cartoons have like 5 characters in such an abstract art style its not really plausible. Most western games are like 5 characters who all look like the same gritty action hero.

Comics are only real bet. Marvel over DC just because DC keeps revamping anyone who isn't batman. Marvel's only problem is they keep trying to replace their heroes with minority versions of said heroes (rather than, yaknow, using preexisting minority heroes or making new ones because fuck real diversity in favor of cheap publicity from controversy, apparently.)

Inb4 Ryu as Spider-Man and the other ninjas as other Spiders.

Nyo or Rachel as mystique. Classic white dress not scaly naked movie version.

Ein as Winter Soldier.

Leon as Juggernaut or Hulk.

P2p1mbs

probably Mortal Kombat too.

Doesn't Warner brothers publish the MK games now? Seeing how greedy they allegedly are, I doubt a crossover with MK is really possible.

I honestly wish they would do a series of platform specific packs, one for xbone with halo and gears of war characters and another for ps4 with characters from games like god of war or uncharted. Highly unlikely but we can hope...

Banana56

They could collab with Skullgirls for sure, probably Mortal Kombat too. Skullgirls I could definitely see happening since it's pretty much an all girl game with sexy women, barring Beowulf.

That actually would be really cool

Skullgirls-Characters.jpg

squigly.png

big-band.png

latest

Girls:
Kasumi - Filia
Tina - Cerebella
Lei Fang - Feng
Ayane - Hive
Helena - Parasol
Hitomi - Ms.Fortune
Christie - Black Dahlia
Lisa - Venus
Kokoro - Umbrella
Mila - Peacock
Momiji - Squiggly
Rachel - Dark Violet
Marie Rose - Bloody Marie
Phase 4 - Painwheel
Nyo Tengu - Eliza
Honoka - Aeon
Naotora - Annie
Mai - Valentine

Boys:
Hayabusa: Talesin
Jan Lee: Andy
Zack: Isaac
Gen Fu: Yu Wan
Bayman: Panzerfaust
Bass: Hubrecht
Leon: Big Band
Brad: Ottomo
Ein: Stanley
Hayate: Adam
Eliot: Leduc
Rig: Beowulf
Raidou: Brain Drain

Number 13

Maybe if this was French Bread [Melty Blood, Dengeki Bunko, Under Nigh in Birth] I can see Skullgirls collaborating with Japanese developers since they already did something already such as NPC cameos, but to my knowledge DoA 5 hasn't done any western collaborations nor do I see them starting. No the fan contests don't count. Kind of ironic when DoA 4 had a Halo character and stage of all things

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD