Characters Do you miss the anime-styled pre-DOA5 games had?

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
The problem with DOA4's hair was that they should have kept the original style of physics by making the hair mostly composed of a set layer rather than in multiple streams of texture since while the hair looked beautiful and thick when the hair was behind the person's back, it looked bad when the windy stages like the 999 meters interacted with it since it looked like streamers, and it looked kinda flat too at times.

I also think they didn't fully finish some hair models since if you look at Kasumi's, her hair clips through her ears even tho she tucks her hime cut behind them. Leifang's hair was definitely not finished since it seems to clip through her chest alot compared to other girls, and Brad's hair was good but I don't think the length complimented the physics engine much. DOA4 overall seemed like it wanted to lovingly animate the hair but the final product was very hit and miss

I think DOA2U had the best hair in the series since it used a similar hit detection and matte appearance that DOA5 and DOA6 adopted for when the hair was moving or going over the shoulder, but 5 and 6 seemed to sacrifice length and thickness but I think Kula's hair model and physics was the epitome of how they should make long flowing hair in the future since her hair is perfect, long and flowing, and it moves and flows and looks natural when it cascades over her shoulders

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Aside from models, I just want to say that when it comes to the over all look and style of the games, I prefer DOA2U, DOA3, and DOA4's more vibrant look and environments than the more gritty look and stages of DOA5 and DOA6 (even the more fun looking and vibrant stages in 5/6 tend to seem more subdued compared to the older games). It really is amazing how well their visuals stand up today, whither you feel the same way about the character models or not.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD