DOA 5 Tina Thread

shinryu

No worries man. 44T to 4K looks like a pretty good mixup setup, I'll try to incorporate it while I'm playing next time. BT 8T will be good against sidestepping and those looking to counter BT P+K. Her moonsault seems to be the best choice in terms of the options you have on block and knockdown. On block, you'll be at advantage to continue pressure, and from knockdown, you can go for her reset to whatever.

A couple thoughts: I know BT 7p won't quite hit after 44f+p 4k, but I'm pretty sure 7pp will interrupt if they try something. So it might move you close enough to try BT 7k. Also haven't tried BT f+k or BT 2f+k, but those might not be the worst options. I think turning around by holding 9 to 9p from BT might work well too; even if they duck 9p they might still eat the knee. I'll see how this goes.

The 3k/hold 3p/throw mixup is very safe from the 4k; I'd use it liberally. BT p+k and BT 8f+p are awesome but they are reactable. Once they start expecting them the part where you just kind of duck for a second and throw them can be quite a surprise. On that subject, anyone know the absolutely fastest way to turn around from BT? It'd be kind of awesome to get this setup right into 44p. At +18 or so you'd think it'd be fast enough to work.

I've found FC 3P to be better for force teching then 8P.

Curious as to why? Preference for the immediate throw/mid mixup to the 46p/46f+p options? I haven't really tried this as a pseudo (I will) but I'm not sure if you're trying to throw why you wouldn't use 1p 6f+k? Slightly more damage and +9 is enough for most of the reasonable mid and throw mixups you might try. hold 3p seems to be kind of a bad compromise; it's not like it gives you enough frames to go for 8f+p or anything exotic. Suppose it might be better for 7k though.

Wid0wmaker

Great info, it's been really helping me a lot. Thanks! I have another question. What's Tina's best option for dealing with characters/players who like to run away a lot. Like Kasumi or Ayane's backflips that create a lot of space. It's very irritating trying to deal with that.

shinryu

You've found one of Tina's big weaknesses, especially online. To a certain extent you can't do much but 236p, 6f+k or 66p+k if they really want to run away, or if you're confident enough running up to shining wizard can work. Run up 1k might be worth a try against some people. In theory you should also be able to run up and guard to draw out something punishable, but online doing any of this is very difficult. As is doing anything online worth a damn honestly.

BT 7p is nifty after the 44f+p 4k it turns out. Whiffs if they guard but then they shouldn't be able to interrupt continuing into the next p so you can throw or BT 7k. BT 2f+k will reach but won't do a lot of damage, but may be worthwhile occasionally just to annoy them or get spacing. I'm still working on the turnaround issue, I think you should be able to guard in four frames and then input whatever, so you should be able to do 4k tap f and then turn and be at something between +8 to +14 depending on their stagger escape. Enough time to set up other offense.

Doa_Eater

Can anyone actually use the throw after a simple kick(preferably online)? The one after 6k comes out every time but this one is really a pain to pull off especially in a custom combo. Don't know if it's a distance problem but the blue throw sign always appears though.

Wid0wmaker

Can anyone actually use the throw after a simple kick(preferably online)? The one after 6k comes out every time but this one is really a pain to pull off especially in a custom combo. Don't know if it's a distance problem but the blue throw sign always appears though.
I had the same problem but got it after some practice. You have to delay T a bit after you connect 6K or K to do the throw. I made a quick video on the timing of these two throws. Sorry it's washed out but you can still see the input timing at the bottom:

On the subject of throws, one I can't seem to get the timing on is the 7PPT. Anyone know how to connect that one?

Doa_Eater

I had the same problem but got it after some practice. You have to delay T a bit after you connect 6K or K to do the throw. I made a quick video on the timing of these two throws. Sorry it's washed out but you can still see the input timing at the bottom:

On the subject of throws, one I can't seem to get the timing on is the 7PPT. Anyone know how to connect that one?

Thanks a lot, and funny that you mention that other hidden 7ppt, that works only on guard and hold i think, wont connect if the punches hit.

splslick

I was playing some casuals yesterday with Tina and was on the house stage with the destructible walls. I countered the mid kick with Tina and for some reason, when the opponent hit one of the tables, they received absolutely no damage =[....Does that happen with all characters because of the stage or is it just a Tina thing?

PacManila

How does everyone here fight against Ayane? I've been having lots of trouble fighting her lately. Besides her distancing, I feel at a loss when she free cancels her strings on me on block. I try to find an opening in between strings, but my attacks end up getting stuffed. Either that, or I get thrown from blocking a little too much =/

I have similar difficulties against Ryu, specifically when defending against free-cancelled strings.

PJudge

How does everyone here fight against Ayane? I've been having lots of trouble fighting her lately. Besides her distancing, I feel at a loss when she free cancels her strings on me on block. I try to find an opening in between strings, but my attacks end up getting stuffed. Either that, or I get thrown from blocking a little too much =/

I have similar difficulties against Ryu, specifically when defending against free-cancelled strings.
With Ayane, I usually give her a bit of space (probably not the best idea) and let her come to me. Then on the approach I throw out 6H+K or P+K to ground her. I find it gives me a bit of time to figure out the best way to sort her out, see how they play her, etc.

Ryu I need practice with. I play him the most as my brother mains him, and get destroyed a lot. Mila causes problems for me too actually.

That said, I did notice that 2KP goes under highs (Ryu and Mila's standing P are both highs I think) so there may be something to work with there. Plus you can play some force tech fun if you get a counter hit.

yeah she is a nightmare for me also...
and i hate space style of hitomi give me a hard time...
but usually i look for there best 10 moves to defense + counter them...

tight now am having problem! i can't mix up between bite hold & doing string stun to lead into cb or juggle combos don't know why...

but i enjoy reading this thread ^^

sorry to write it here, but i don't know where to write it...

but what is basically the major changes in DOA5U in machines?
i read that they remove force tech, now there is something call pesduo force tech something like that.
but i still didn't understand that much...

last thing did they add a new move or any changes for tina?

PureYeti

Any tips to get :6::4::P+K: throw to come out? No matter how fast I input it, the other throws have more priority to come out instead.

Doa_Eater

Then its the normal chain throw. You dont have to do it fast. Just a simple forward and back command. The buffer is a bit different in U so that's what is causing misinput.

Mestizo

Standard Donor

6hardkick is your best bet. It shuts down ALOT of ayanes spinny junk. Also I find it works wonders against ryus spacing as well. and 5hk
Any tips to get :6::4::P+K: throw to come out? No matter how fast I input it, the other throws have more priority to come out instead.
its not priority is that your directional inputs are off. Just go into training mode and see what you are putting in.

I had the same issue when I was starting with DOA/tina, and it is why I use a fightstick. The directional inputs are MUCH more on point

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD