DOA series STAGE and CHARACTER catalog numbers

delta

I did some DOA series image STAGE and CHARACTER catalog and some comparison numbers between then. (2 images indexed)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STAGES

The numbers of REALLY NEW stages was increasing every next vanilla version: 10, 11, 14, 20 …
… and on DOA6 version abruptaly goes lower tha all ...9.

TOURNAMENT AVAIABLE STAGES:

DOA 5 20
DOA5LR 31
DOA6 9

9 again ... from that only 5 are new …

6 months after the release and the banned stages wasn´t adapted and fixed yet to be avaiable on tournament …
And the most new SEASIDE EDEN stage already arrived banned too …

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARACTERS

The number of REALLY NEW playable characters was increasing over each new vanilla game: 3, 4, 4, 6 …
… but whent down again on DOA6: only 2.

DOA5 vanilla and DOA6 vanilla has the same number of initial characters: 24.
But from that DOA5 has 6 new ... DOA6 has only 2.

DOA5 paid updates gave more 12 characters … 10 of that are new.
DOA6 paid updates gave at the moment more 5 characters ... only 1 of that is really new.

Attachments

• DOA STAGE NUMBERS FINAL.jpg
    DOA STAGE NUMBERS FINAL.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 265
  • DOA CHARACTERS NUMBERS FINAL.jpg
    DOA CHARACTERS NUMBERS FINAL.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 347

legibifou

Very interesting, it's a lot of work. Congratulations.
To be totally fair with the old games, about the stages, you should count every floor in every stage. I already made this before and it really showed the huge step back between DOA2U, DOA5 and DOA6.
Moreover, I always thought that the multi-tiered stages before DOA5 were more creative, diversified and were easier to explore. (Most of them started close to a cliff to go directly in the second section, and each section had different way to go to the next one).
A lot of multi-tiered stages in DOA6 are just two nearly identical floors. (A.P.O and "Jurassic Park" stage for exemple) with only little chances to reach the precise space to go to the second section.

delta

I always thought that the multi-tiered stages before DOA5 were more creative, diversified and were easier to explore. (Most of them started close to a cliff to go directly in the second section, and each section had different way to go to the next one).
A lot of multi-tiered stages in DOA6 are just two nearly identical floors. (A.P.O and "Jurassic Park" stage for exemple) with only little chances to reach the precise space to go to the second section

Agree

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Was reading the yellow pointers. Think Experimental Playground was banned in majority of DOA4 tournaments.

For DOA5 and the upgrades, banned stages were mixed between Japan and the west. For example:

- Dangerzone/Forest/Lost World were completely banned in Japan related tournaments (good example is DOAFES), whereas in the west they were completely available. In the US, Dangerzone snuck it's way to the ban list upon the very last few tournaments of DOA5LR lifespan if I remember.

- Azuchi/Crimson/AoT were banned due to them not being in the JPN arcade cabinet port of the game in Japan (I believe Dangerzone as well wasn't in the arcade port), as well as not being on Steam. AoT was the only stage that was completely banned in not only Japan, but in the US as well since it was a licensing contract that was going to expire soon. Azuchi and Crimson was allowed in the US including the fireworks stage.

Very cool stuff you put up though, especially the character list.

EDIT: There were recent tournament footage of AoT stage couple times in US, so a bit of correction on that on my part, but it was later banned down the line because of licensing expiration.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD