DOA2 Prototype leaked

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
This image was found by chance on the Internet, and is believed to be a scene from a promotional video. A storyboard published in Dead or alive history : Team Ninja freaks has something similar.

View attachment 36177
I'm curious what build that's from - it looks earlier than even the '99 AOU Demo:

1635172527758.png
1635172338890.png

The model looks more like the one from this cut scene shown at AOU '98:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
3) A cut quote from Ayane in her fight with Helena. Sounded like Ayane wanted to play along with the accusation before the fight started.

I mean, I always took her dialogue as something along those lines. "Yeah, maybe I did kill her, who knows? I kill a lot of people as the Female Tengu of Miyama."

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Arcade version notes:

I managed to replayed the arcade version. I stated that there are extra sounds that were cut from the final project in another section a couple of years back. Here's the list I found:

1) More battle grunts/kiais for the following: Zack, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Helena, Tina, Ein, Ayane and Leifang (some have different takes)
2) Ryu Hayabusa has his old DOA1 sounds included
3) A cut quote from Ayane in her fight with Helena. Sounded like Ayane wanted to play along with the accusation before the fight started.
4) Speaking of Helena, a scene from Story Mode was cut with one line.
5) More quotes from Kasumi Alpha in Kasumi's section, including creepy low "hee-hee-hees"
6) Extended scene scrapped in Kasumi vs. Kasumi Alpha. It looks like the 18+ cloning scene was supposed to be included after the Kasumi Alpha iconic laugh. Also two quotes from Kasumi herself as narration describing the clone(?).
7) Tengu has more lines in Ryu's fight scene (sounds like either he's taunting or winning(?) )

Wow, so maybe I wasn't crazy that one time in DOA2H I saw an extra bit in the Helena-Ein Epsilon scene... man, I was so stunned I didn't even pay attention to what was said. I posted about it on FSD but no one responded about knowing about it.

Alpha-001

Not so sure. The Naomi and Dreamcast have the same CPU but the Naomi has better everything else - including way more audio hardware, which is probably why they switched over to redbook audio on the console version.

I'm not sure what you're asking me to check specifically. Can you clarify? Here's a list of Kasumi and Ayane's files compared between the 01.27.2000 beta and the US Final.

View attachment 36152

View attachment 36153

I would like you to extract KAS03.CHR, KAS04.CHR, and AYA03.CHR and disclose the texture.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
You will need:

Quick guide:

Last edited:

mralex

You will need:

Quick guide:
when i try to export the .chr file i have this error, for now i only know how to export the models, not the textures

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 138

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Still struggling to figure out why 0x0f INDIA is crashing all the time. Her moveset bin seems incomplete. She's missing two pointers to two key sections of data. It might be possible to restore her yet.

India side-by-side with Ein arcade

India side-by-side with Ein demo disk (Dreamcast character.bins have an extra pointer for Dreamcast holds)

when i try to export the .chr file i have this error, for now i only know how to export the models, not the textures
Do you have KAS04.bin and KAS04.chr in the same folder before you run the QuickBMS script? It looks like it can't find the other file.

Last edited:

mralex

Still struggling to figure out why 0x0f INDIA is crashing all the time. Her moveset bin seems incomplete. She's missing two pointers to two key sections of data. It might be possible to restore her yet.

India side-by-side with Ein arcade

India side-by-side with Ein demo disk (Dreamcast character.bins have an extra pointer for Dreamcast holds)

Do you have KAS04.bin and KAS04.chr in the same folder before you run the QuickBMS script? It looks like it can't find the other file.
Yes, i export the files inside the Dead or Alive 2 (Jan 27, 2000 prototype) folder, but idk why the QuickBMS don't export the .CHR file.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Yes, i export the files inside the Dead or Alive 2 (Jan 27, 2000 prototype) folder, but idk why the QuickBMS don't export the .CHR file.
You need to have KAS04.bin in the same folder as KAS04.chr before running the script. You are missing KAS04.bin.
Debe tener KAS04.bin en la misma carpeta que KAS04.chr antes de ejecutar el script. Le falta KAS04.bin.

Sin él. Error.

Con él. Éxito.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD