DOA3++ Balance/Gameplay Mod

Gultigargar

Christmas update, v1.34d

Mostly just some minor fixes and a new move for Christie.

-Christie's 4PP changed from -14 on normal hit to +4 short high side stun, to not have the move be unsafe on normal hit.
-Fixed incorrect tracking values on 3_K and 4K2K.
-New move 3PPP. It's her 6P+K triple strike.
-Helena's 4PP/BT PP4PP changed from mid punch to high punch.
-Kasumi P+K damage changed from 26 to 20.

Last edited:

Moruma

Christmas update, v1.34d

Mostly just some minor fixes and a new move for Christie.

-Christie's 4PP changed from -14 on normal hit to +4 short high side stun, to not have the move be unsafe on normal hit.
-Fixed incorrect tracking values on 3_K and 4K2K.
-New move 3PPP. It's her 6P+K triple strike.
-Helena's 4PP/BT PP4PP changed from mid punch to high punch.
-Kasumi P+K damage changed from 26 to 20.
Why is Helena's 4PP a high now? Is it to be more like DOA5 and 6?

Last edited:

Gultigargar

I think you uploaded the wrong file. The changes you listed don't work.
I just double checked, and it has the correct files. If there's a problem, it's on your end. If you're using emulator, you need to delete the 'loadfile.afs' copy file it creates in one of its virtual partitions.

Moruma

I just double checked, and it has the correct files. If there's a problem, it's on your end. If you're using emulator, you need to delete the 'loadfile.afs' copy file it creates in one of its virtual partitions.
So strange this has never happened to me before. So I should delete the files in my harddrive partition?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Not off your E/F drive, but off your temp storage drive that DOA installs itself to in the background. The partition should have the loadfile.afs in the root of that drive.

Gultigargar

DOA3++ v1.35

Pretty big update this time. Some of the stuff in this one is a little experimental, so if you find any of the changes questionable I'm ready to undo them.

-Hitomi 3K causes Stomach Stun on Counter Hit instead of Sitdown Stun.
-Hitomi 4P+K voice grunt added when charging.
-Ein 4P+K voice grunt added when charging.
-Ein 6P+K had an issue related to having 2 separate hitboxes connecting at the same time. Fixed by now only having 1 hitbox.
-Leifang 236P animation programming tweaked/fixed.
-Leifang PPP now uses 236P's updated/imported animation instead of the old PPP.
-Leifang 4P/4PP fixed sound issues.
-Tina Running F+P can no longer be teched. This is to prevent the move from being punishable on hit.
-Tina 1P is now -4 on hit.
-Hayate 66KK and 66KKK had a tracking mistakes fixed. Would previously track you while free-stepping, despite jumping attacks not being meant to do that.
-Kasumi BT 2K sitdown stun on Counter Hit.
-Ayane BT 2K sitdown stun on Counter Hit.
-Ayane P+KP1/Bt 4PP1/Bt PP4PP1 added. You cancel the move into her 11 crouch backdash. Like with her normal 11 crouch backdash, you can hold '1_' during it to end in backturned stance. Can only cancel into the backdash if '1' is being pressed/held during the startup or active frames of the previous move.
-Ayane 66P4/PPP4/9PPP4/Bt PPP4 added. You cancel the move into her 8P backturn. If you cancel into it at the earliest possible moment you are left -3 on block.
-Ayane BT 4K launch height raised slightly. This change is mostly for aesthetics, her juggles haven't been meaningfully affected.
-Jann Lee has new 3P+K input. It performs his 8PP move by itself.
-Bayman high and mid parries added on 49F and 43F. The parries use his DOA1 hold animations - same as in DOA4 - so the frame data is identical to DOA4.
-Helena 66KPP starts further into the animation, changed from 30(2)26 to 21(2)26.
-Helena 1KP starts further into the animation, changed from 23(2)26 to 21(2)26.
-Zack can now buffer the input of 3KKKKK/3KKKK2K and all its variations. (Before he had to input during or after the active frames of the second-to-last hit.)
-Hayabusa 1_PK imported from DOAD. Changed from 21(5)36 to 20(5)22 frames. Knockdown on normal hit.

Moruma

DOA3++ v1.35

Pretty big update this time. Some of the stuff in this one is a little experimental, so if you find any of the changes questionable I'm ready to undo them.

-Hitomi 3K causes Stomach Stun on Counter Hit instead of Sitdown Stun.
-Hitomi 4P+K voice grunt added when charging.
-Ein 4P+K voice grunt added when charging.
-Ein 6P+K had an issue related to having 2 separate hitboxes connecting at the same time. Fixed by now only having 1 hitbox.
-Leifang 236P animation programming tweaked/fixed.
-Leifang PPP now uses 236P's updated/imported animation instead of the old PPP.
-Leifang 4P/4PP fixed sound issues.
-Tina Running F+P can no longer be teched. This is to prevent the move from being punishable on hit.
-Tina 1P is now -4 on hit.
-Hayate 66KK and 66KKK had a tracking mistakes fixed. Would previously track you while free-stepping, despite jumping attacks not being meant to do that.
-Kasumi BT 2K sitdown stun on Counter Hit.
-Ayane BT 2K sitdown stun on Counter Hit.
-Ayane P+KP1/Bt 4PP1/Bt PP4PP1 added. You cancel the move into her 11 crouch backdash. Like with her normal 11 crouch backdash, you can hold '1_' during it to end in backturned stance. Can only cancel into the backdash if '1' is being pressed/held during the startup or active frames of the previous move.
-Ayane 66P4/PPP4/9PPP4/Bt PPP4 added. You cancel the move into her 8P backturn. If you cancel into it at the earliest possible moment you are left -3 on block.
-Ayane BT 4K launch height raised slightly. This change is mostly for aesthetics, her juggles haven't been meaningfully affected.
-Jann Lee has new 3P+K input. It performs his 8PP move by itself.
-Bayman high and mid parries added on 49F and 43F. The parries use his DOA1 hold animations - same as in DOA4 - so the frame data is identical to DOA4.
-Helena 66KPP starts further into the animation, changed from 30(2)26 to 21(2)26.
-Helena 1KP starts further into the animation, changed from 23(2)26 to 21(2)26.
-Zack can now buffer the input of 3KKKKK/3KKKK2K and all its variations. (Before he had to input during or after the active frames of the second-to-last hit.)
-Hayabusa 1_PK imported from DOAD. Changed from 21(5)36 to 20(5)22 frames. Knockdown on normal hit.
Yeah.. very cheap ..er.. I mean uh .. experimental changes for Zack and Ayane lol

Anything for Christie? And can Kasumi please get some new moves and frame changes? She still plays like it’s DOA2 and lacks many of her modern tools/changes compared to most of the changes you’ve given the cast. Like can we get her modern 6PP or a sway?

WAZAAAAA

hey even if it is guaranteed I'm not saying it's a good or a bad thing. I just wanted to point it out for science lel

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
last time TN did that in DOA5LR, runing throw into ground throw became guaranteed, hey go check if that's the case

No, she does not. The opponent is knocked too far away, and based on my testing it appears the opponent would be able to wake up attack before the ground throw even reaches active frames if done into an invisible wall like the Beach.

Gultigargar

So I originally wanted to hold off on this update for a bit (to have some more time to think of what to adjust), but I found an issue with Bayman in the previous patch, so I thought it was for the best if I fixed that as soon as possible.

DOA3++ v1.35a

-Ayane's P+KP1 / Bt 4PP1 / Bt PP4PP1 animation has been tweaked. Instead of her 11 crouch backdash, it now does her Bt 3 crouch turnaround. By default she will end backturned. If you hold forward/toward opponent, she will end facing opponent. The face-the-opponent end animation also travels slightly further compared to the Bt end version.
-Zack's 3KKKKK/PPKKKK/Etc. input tweaked some more. Can still be buffered, but can now only be buffered once the second-to-last kick animation has started. (This is the same way this input works from DOA4 onwards.)
-Christie's 214P could not - unlike other characters with 214 inputs - be input with a 24P input. This has now been added.
-Hayabusa's 1_PK no longer knocks down on normal hit.
-Bayman's Mid Punch Hold had an issue due to an oversight of mine when implementing his parries. This has now been fixed.
-Bayman's parries now have hold-connect sounds when they successfully parry.
-Kasumi's teleport from her parries now has a sound effect.

Gultigargar

Another update. This was originally supposed to be a minor revision, but as I worked on it, it kept getting bigger in scope.
DOA3++ v1.36

-Parries now have unique animations, imported from DOAD. The change is only aesthetic, their frame data remains the same as holds.
-Gen Fu's 1P changed to be -6 on hit (To match the similar change to Tina's 1P).
-Helena's 1P changed to be -8 on hit (To match the similar change to Tina's 1P).
-Hitomi's 66K damage lowered from 25 to 24. (This is to make 66KK not exceed the stun threshold on counter-hit, same as Brad's KK and Christie's KK changes)
-Hitomi's 3PPP added.
-Brad Wong Lying 3_ and Lying 1_ added. Gives him some much welcome mobility options from his lying stance.
-Brad Wong's BT Lying K has its updated animation imported from DOAD. Now has a faster i16 startup.
-Brad Wong 3_P launch height lowered. 3_PP would previously whiff on most of the cast unless you delayed it. Brad already has other mid punch launchers, so this change shouldn't hurt him.
-Brad Wong 214P updated animation imported from DOAD. Frame data is unchanged, but he has much further forward movement during the move.
-Brad Wong Running P added from DOAD. Damage is slightly lower than 214P and has no close-hit property.
-Brad's 4PK damage reverted to 36. 7K remains at 40 damage. (4PK can connect in juggles where 7K can't, and I thought it was more fair if the less evasive 7K - that you have to commit to - had the stronger damage value.)
-Ein 9PK can now be delayed. (Same as Hayate.)
-Hayate's 236K updated animation imported from DOAD. Frame data is unchanged, it's purely aesthetic.
-Christie 3P+K.F+P added. It's her 33F+P throw coming out of her roll. The total startup is i43.
-Fixed the issue of Zack's 2KP2K having 1 frame faster startup compared to PP2K.
-Fixed a sound issue with Jann Lee's KKK.
-Jann Lee's 214F+P has had its damage increased from 5+5+5+5+5+30 (55 total) to 5+5+5+5+5+35 (60 total).

For this update, we also have some more experimental changes taking inspiration from the old DOA4 E3 trailer.
-Kasumi's 6PKK and PP6PKK are now guard breaks. It leaves her -9 on block, but generally safe from punishment because of the pushback.
-Tina's Wall 4P+K is now a guard break. It leaves her -6 on block.
-Hayabusa's F+KK and PPKK are now guard breaks. This makes the last follow-up kick guaranteed on block.
-Jann Lee's BT P+K is now a guard crush. (We considered making his regular P+K a guard break, but it made the move unpunishable, which I don't think it should be.)

Last edited:

Gultigargar

Small update: v1.36a

-Small tweaks/fixes on various imported animations.
-The conditions for a Close Hit for Hayate's 236P now match Ein and Hitomi's 236P.
-Bass's 2P+KP buffalo train is now a divert hold type.
-Helena's 9P against a backturned opponent now triggers the threhold version of her stun. (To prevent her from doing her easy PP > 9P > PP > Etc. infinite.)
-Jann Lee now performs his taunt again after hitting with 236K. You can now cancel out of the taunt much sooner, being able to recover a couple of frames faster compared to when he did no taunt.

Gultigargar

Another small update: v1.36b

I noticed that Hayate and Hitomi had unused, but functional, 1F+P animations. I decided to activate them so they had more low throw options like the rest of the cast. I wanted to do the same for Christie, but she did not have a 'functional' 1F+P animation the same way the other two did. Her 2F+P already does 60 damage, so it's not like she's hurt by not having a 2nd low throw.

-Fixed an oversight with Kasumi's P+KK/P6PK not having a half hit property. I had previously set it up for the wrong hitbox, which has now been corrected.
-Helena's 66PK juggle height has been tweaked once again, as I was not really happy with it. It's now lower than before, but still higher than vanilla DOA3. This means she will no longer sometimes whiff the last hit from sending the opponent too high, and removes her unintended 66P, 66PKP combos at the wall.
-Christie's 6PPPP/46PP animation has been updated. Frame data is unchanged, her updated DOA4 animation just had a stronger sense of force to it.
-Hayate now has a 1F+P low throw. Does Hayabusa's 1F+P animation, 60 damage.
-Hitomi now has a 1F+P low throw. Does Ein's 1F+P animation, 60 damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD