DOA3++ Balance/Gameplay Mod

Gultigargar

New update. I found out how to change pushback on block/hit, so I've gone through all the new/imported moves and made sure they matched the same values as in DOA4. I've also adjusted the wall-splat range on a few moves that I missed the first time I was making changes to that. I've made it so Hitomi gets a guaranteed 236P after her low kick hold. Her damage was adjusted a little bit so it now roughly matches what Jann Lee gets from his mid punch hold.

DOA3++ v1.42
-New UI elements for combo hits/throws/strikes/holds
-Fixed Jann Lee's 3K4KP input not working. (I accidentally broke it last update.)
-Imported Jann Lee's "WUA-TAAAH!" voice clip from DOA2U. It plays when he performs hit DOA2 taunt.
-CPU controlled players can no longer break Hayate's wall throw.
-Hayate's new 33F+P no longer does a triple-take replay camera when it KO's.
-Hayate's 214P now enters a jump state. (To prevent him going into a standing stun while his feet are clearly off the ground.)
-Brad Wong 214P and Running P are now considered a jumping mid punch hold type.
-Brad Wong 3_PP wall-splat range increased form 2m to 2.5m.
-Zack 46K wall-splat range increased from 2m to 3m.
-Leifang 46P wall-splat range increased from 3m to 3.5m.
-Tina 8K wall-splat range increased from 2m to 3m.
-TIna BT F+P range increased to match DOA4, and now uses DOA4's positioning floating points when it connects.
-Helena Bokuho F+P now uses DOA4's positioning floating points when it connects.
-Hitomi 49F now use DOA4's positioning floating points when it connects.
-Hitomi 3KP6P pushback lowered to match other variants of the move.
-Hitomi Low Kick Hold advantage increased from +10 to +11, which guarantees a 236P. Hold damage lowered from 30 to 20.

Last edited:

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
***INSTRUCTIONS ON SETTING UP DOA3++ FOR USE WITH EITHER CXBX OR XEMU ON WINDOWS***

FOR USERS WHO JUST WANT TO UPDATE THEIR EXISTING 3++ VERSION, PLEASE SEE THE END OF THIS POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS.

Disclaimer: The intended audience for these instructions are for those who are well adjusted, normal humans with normal lives who regularly have sex and have some basic computer literacy. This is NOT for those who are socially inept, terminally online, have severe autistim who cannot function without being toxic to others, who are jerks to others because they are not as autistic as themselves, are unable to attract the opposite sex, shut-ins, those who haven't left their rooms in the last decade, those incapable of touching grass, those who have never seen a vagina outside their mother's. If this is you, STOP reading now and do not reply.

FIRST TIME USERS

Step 1.
Create a new folder for "DOA3" on any storage drive. For these instructions I will create a new folder called "DOA3 XISO". You don't need to copy this name, choose whatever you like. (Alternatively, you can choose any existing folder, but I will create new folders for the purposes of these instructions)

xbvLiP4.png

Step 2. Download the DOA3 ROM and save it to the new folder you created in step 1 (or an existing folder). I can't share where to find it but it is very easy to find on the intarwebs. Make sure you download it in the .xiso format! The DOA3 ROM file zip size should be around 3GB and 4GB unzipped. Any version of DOA3 should be fine, but one that I found easily is "Dead or Alive 3 (USA) (En,Ja)" . Make sure you own a copy of the game, so you don't get thrown in jail by the feds. :ninja:
  • Here is what your new folder should look like with the DOA3 xiso file inside (if you downloaded it as a zip file, it must be unzipped like below):
XoP8wbV.png

Step 3. Download the latest copy of the 3++ mod in the original post by clicking on the MediaFire link provided, then clicking the blue "Download" bar on the MediaFire website.

Step 4. Create a new folder for "extract-xiso" on any storage drive (or an existing folder).

ruJti3s.png

Step 5. You can either choose to download "extract-xiso" and run it via Command Prompt, or install a GUI that will do the same thing but more intuitive to use.

CLICK THE SPOILER HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS USING THE GUI
a. Download "Extract-XISO Gui for Windows" by clicking here. This tool will allow you to extract all of the contents of the DOA3 ROM xiso file you downloaded in step 1, and you will be able to create a new .xiso file with the 3++ files and the original ROM files.

• Unzip the file and extract both files to any folder you like. Open the "extract-xiso_gui_by_huge_v1.0" file and it will take you to this setup screen:

7zHb9ns.png

• Follow the prompts, choose your install destination, such as the folder created in Step 4 and it will install the program.
  • After the setup is completed, press the Windows key and you should see "Extract-XISO -- GUI by Huge" under "Recently Added". Click that. If you don't see it after you pressed the Windows key, pull up the destination folder you used to install the GUI. Double click on "extract-xiso-gui" as seen here:
9Fdxuyj.png

• You will also want to create a new folder in your storage drive which will have all the files you will extract from the GUI. For this guide, I am using a folder called "DOA3xtracted". (Alternatively, you can choose any existing folder for the extracted files if you want)
QzdoWnS.png

• You will want to create a new folder in your storage drive that will serve as the place where the GUI will output your created xiso file. For this guide, I am using a folder called "DOA3createdxiso". (Alternatively, you can choose any existing folder for the created xiso file if you want)
6dTE869.png

b. Extracting the DOA3 XISO file using the GUI

• When you have the GUI window open like below, click on the "Extract XISO" button:
emwUr47.png

• Locate your DOA3 ROM in the folder you have it saved, click it so it fills in the "File Name:" at the bottom and click "Open"

WbUaoik.png

• You can now select a Destination folder. Click the folder you created for the purposes of the extraction (or an existing folder you want to use), and it should list the folder path in the "Folder name:" field. Click "Select".

zKh3iyi.png

• You should receive this prompt when the extraction is complete. (Ignore the file path given in the prompt, it's wrong.) Click OK.

UTlh3iW.png

• If you open the destination folder you chose in the GUI, it should have all of these files:

TsBNzv2.png

c. Open the DOA3++ RAR archive file you downloaded from the MediaFire link in the original post.
3l3lj9d.png

• Select these 3 files from the opened DOA3++ RAR archive file and drag them to your folder where you just extracted to:
uiHW4AD.png

• You will get the following prompt that will appear after you've dragged the files to the folder, click on "Replace the files in the destination":

mpyJJRX.png

***IF YOU ARE USING CXBX YOU CAN STOP HERE AFTER THE FILES ARE REPLACED!***

IF YOU ARE USING THE XEMU EMULATOR CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THESE NEXT SET OF INSTRUCTIONS

d. Creating a new XISO file with the extracted DOA3 and ++ files.
  • Back to the GUI, you will need to click on the "Create XISO" button.

PAVNtj4.png

• On the next screen, you will need to select the folder which has the extracted DOA3 and ++ files. Click on "Select" after the folder path is in the "Folder name:" field

GZh4bSM.png

• On the next screen, you will need to select a destination folder which will output the new xiso file. You can select whatever folder you want, but I am going to use the folder I created earlier called "DOA3createdxisso". Once you have the folder you want the file saved into, you will need to choose a file name. Again, feel free to name this whatever you want, I am using "DOA3PLUSPLUS" just for this guide. Click on "Save" when you are ready to move on to the next step.

ByXsVUh.png

• It will take 30 seconds or so before you see this prompt:

ysmTrUm.png

You are now ready to load the file into the emulator!
CLICK THE SPOILER HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS USING COMMAND PROMPT
a. Download "extract-xiso". This tool will allow you to extract all of the contents of the DOA3 ROM xiso file you downloaded in step 1, and you will be able to create a new .xiso file with the 3++ files and the original ROM files.

b. Unzip the "extract-xiso-win32-release.zip" file and there should be two files in it.
  • Extract both of these files to your new "extract-xiso" folder you created from Step 4 (or use an existing folder):
jMvrRrS.png

c. Open Command Prompt

• Type in "cmd" in the search bar on the task bar at the bottom to find the "Command Prompt" app and click on "Open" where I have circled it red:
JFuVng0.png

• Type "cd " (yes there is a space after cd, and without quotes) so you have this:
E0zMo3u.png

d. Drag the "extract-xiso" folder you created in Step 4 (or an existing folder) and drop it on the Command Prompt window.

sP6BYlp.png

• You will now have this new file path in Command Prompt:
QADjOdq.png

• Press Enter. The next file path created below it should only have the location of your "extract-xiso" folder. If it does not change, that is because you are dragging a folder from a different drive than "C:\" (like what I show in the screenshot above). All you need to do is type in the drive letter that has your "extract-xiso" folder and a colon, press enter so you get this:
7idaCY6.png

e. Run the extract-xiso.exe file with the DOA3 xiso file to extract the contents. After the "D:\extract-xiso\" file path in Command Prompt (or wherever your extract-xiso.exe file is), type in "extract-xiso -x" (without quotes) and the file path of where you saved the DOA3 xiso file. So you have this:

r2tOCce.png

• Press Enter. It will extract for a few seconds and give you a total file count when the extraction is complete:
4faoU1z.png

• You should now have a DOA3 folder in your extract-xiso folder:
3QjaPuq.png

f. Open the DOA3++ RAR archive file you downloaded from the MediaFire link in the original post.
  • Select these 3 files and drag them to your newly created "Dead or Alive 3...".xiso folder:
oFs2a6d.png

• You will get the following prompt that will appear after you've dragged the files to the folder, click on "Replace the files in the destination":
KXGag57.png

***IF YOU ARE USING CXBX YOU CAN STOP HERE AFTER THE FILES ARE REPLACED!***

IF YOU ARE USING THE XEMU EMULATOR CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THESE NEXT SET OF INSTRUCTIONS

g. Creating a new .xiso file with extract-xiso.
  • You will need to create a .xiso file using the "Dead or Alive 3...".xsio folder with the replaced 3++ files. To do so, go back to command prompt. Type in "extract-xiso -c " and then drag the "Dead or Alive 3..." xiso folder to command prompt so we have the file path quoted like below:

FArYvwN.png

• Press Enter. It will now create the .xiso file and give you a successful message at the bottom when it's completed:
VnTT824.png

• You will have the new .xiso file in your "extract-xiso" folder:

JNaEgte.png

• You can move this file to whatever folder you like (you could have also entered in a directory file path in command prompt at the beginning of this step to output the .xiso file to a desired location, but for the sake of simplicity I kept that out of these instructions)
You are now ready to load the file into the emulator!

Step 6. Loading DOA3++ in the emulator of your choice

IF USING THE CXBX EMULATOR CLICK THE SPOILER BUTTON BELOW
a. click on "Open Xbe..." in CXBX

ZkkNrV7.png

• Navigate to the folder where you replaced the files from the 3++ RAR archive from earlier and click on "default.xbe" and then click the "Open" button on the bottom right.

a45sktu.png

• You may get the following prompt after, go ahead and click on the "Yes" button.

9ljlXg7.png

• Click on "Emulation" on the top then scroll down to start. (Alternatively, you can press F5)

JJW1NeQ.png

And VOILA! DOA3++!
IF USING THE XEMU EMULATOR CLICK THE SPOILER BUTTON BELOW
a. Load the .xiso file in xemu

FILE CREATED FROM THE GUI

tk4y3J7.png

FILE CREATED FROM COMMAND PROMPT

R3r1C2O.png

• Once you've selected the file, click on the "Open" button

And VOILA! DOA3++!

RETURNING USERS

***NOTE*** IF UPDATING TO A NEWER VERSION OF 3++ FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

FOR CXBX USERS: All you need to do is open the latest zip file downloaded from the MediaFire link Gultigargar provides in the original post, select all the files inside the zip and drag them into the folder that has the extracted DOA3 xiso files and drop them. A prompt should appear after asking if you wish to replace or skip the files with the same names, click on replace. After that you will be good to go with loading "default.xbe" in CXBX.

FOR XEMU USERS: Open the latest zip file downloaded from the MediaFire link Gultigargar provides in the original post, select all the files inside the zip and drag them into the folder that has the extracted DOA3 xiso files and drop them, if you still have this folder (If you do not have this folder anymore, you will have to go through the process of extracting the original DOA3 xiso files from the beginning). If you have the GUI, you will need to follow "step d." in the GUI instruction part of the guide and every step after until you have created a new xiso file. If you used Command Prompt for extraction originally, you will need to follow "step g." in the Command Prompt instuction part of the guide and every step after until you have created a new xiso file. After that you will be good to go with loading the newly created xiso file in xemu.

Last edited:

Gultigargar

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't want to get too into installation details because I don't like being tech support for people. Back when I wrote the first post of this thread, finding the .iso of the game was actually harder than just finding the files inside it. I wrote my instructions with just having those in mind, since CXBX only needs those files anyway. Xbox emulation also wasn't really a thing then either, so unless you wanted to burn a physical DVD with the game, moving the files to your Xbox was the way to go.

One last thing I wanted to mention is that there is a GUI available for Extract-XISO, which you can get here. It lets you just hit a button to extract or build an iso, which is a lot less hassle than starting up the command prompt, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Also, as an FYI, the file extension should technically still be .iso, it's just the format of the ISO is XISO. However, it shouldn't stop either emulator from recognizing it, for now at least.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't want to get too into installation details because I don't like being tech support for people. Back when I wrote the first post of this thread, finding the .iso of the game was actually harder than just finding the files inside it. I wrote my instructions with just having those in mind, since CXBX only needs those files anyway. Xbox emulation also wasn't really a thing then either, so unless you wanted to burn a physical DVD with the game, moving the files to your Xbox was the way to go.

One last thing I wanted to mention is that there is a GUI available for Extract-XISO, which you can get here. It lets you just hit a button to extract or build an iso, which is a lot less hassle than starting up the command prompt, imo.

Ok just updated the post with instructions using the GUI available. Also included instructions for CXBX, which has fewer steps.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Hopefully a lot of folks will sign up at Winter Brawl to play this. People need to experience how brilliantly kinetic this game feels and plays. I've played it off and on before, but I've been playing it everday since Wednesday, just the time attack and survival modes. It has this terrific dynamic flow that's zippy and responsive. DOA5/6 feel so sluggish and slow in comparison. Plays nothing like DOA3. People should get off that DOA5 copium. The free step mechanic is executed so well in this game, truly feels like a 3D fighter instead of a 2D one with sidesteps. And knocking people back into walls is so god damn satisfying.

Last edited:

CFW

So I downloaded this out of curiosity along with xemu since I’ve always wanted to play an older game and its pretty fun! When i first played it i had some frame drops and slowing, and then the second time i tried playing it it crashed like 8 times back to back while i was in practice mode but after that it was playing fine. Im going to try again later today to see if theres any more issues.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Try using the cxbx emulator, it's not quite as demanding as xemu is. You might have better performance.

Reactions: CFW

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Glad it's working for you! You may experience some audio glitches when playing on the "Snow" and "Ice Cavern" stages. I'm not sure if the latest CXBX version has resolved any, but if you encounter them that's normal and everyone is affected by it until it's fixed. Also, you might get frame rate drops on "Snow" as well.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Glad it's working for you! You may experience some audio glitches when playing on the "Snow" and "Ice Cavern" stages. I'm not sure if the latest CXBX version has resolved any, but if you encounter them that's normal and everyone is affected by it until it's fixed. Also, you might get frame rate drops on "Snow" as well.
I’ll check and see if the issue still exists once I get home.

Gultigargar

Great showing from all of those who played 3++ at Winter Brawl, I had a great time watching it.

Anyway, I have another update: DOA3++ v1.43
-663_ inputs now count as a 3_ input, rather than a 33 input, the same as it does in future games.
-Using a tag throw against a backturned opponent now results in a generic tag throw, rather than a backturned regular throw. (Tina/Bass's unique backturned throw is obviously excepted from this.)
-Fixed counter damage scaling on a series of tag throws:
-Tina generic wall tag throw​
-Leon generic wall tag throw​
-Leifang generic wall tag throw​
-Bayman generic wall tag throw​
-Hayate generic tag throw​
-Hitomi generic tag throw​
-Brad Wong generic tag throw​
-Christie generic tag throw​
-(Hayabusa's izuna tag throw combo is unfortunately still unscaled because I have no more available scaling slots to use. The launch throw itself still scales, however.)​
-Hayate 66KKK hitbox increased slightly. Lets him hit what his old 66KKK was capable of hitting.
-Zack 236FK move added. Its the same move as PP4K.
-Fixed various CPU controlled opponent errors/oversights:
-Fixed CPU Gen Fu doing incorrect 6PPP​
-Fixed CPU Kasumi doing incorrect PP6P6K​
-Fixed CPU Kasumi doing incorrect PP6P2K​
-Fixed CPU Ein sometimes doing incorrect Mid Holds​
-Fixed CPU Hitomi sometimes doing incorrect Mid Holds​
-Fixed CPU Hitomi doing incorrect PP6PP​
-Fixed CPU Helena doing incorrect BT PP4PPP​
-Fixed CPU Ayane doing incorrect 11​
-Fixed CPU Bayman doing incorrect 8K​
-Fixed CPU Bayman not being able to perform wall 46F+P.4F+P vs BT​
-Fixed CPU Leon doing incorrect BT PPP​
-Fixed CPU Leon not being able to perform wall 46F+P.4F+P vs BT​
-Fixed CPU Bass not being able to perform wall 426F+P.2F+P vs BT​
-Fixed CPU Kasumi not being able to perform wall 66F+P.2F+P​
-Fixed CPU Hayate not being able to perform wall Nakiryu​
-Fixed CPU Hayabusa not being able to perform edge Izuna​
-Miscellaneous small tweaks/fixes on imported moves.

Last edited:

WiseGuy75

Great showing from all of those who played 3++ at Winter Brawl, I had a great time watching it.

Anyway, I have another update: DOA3++ v1.43
-663_ inputs now count as a 3_ input, rather than a 33 input, the same as it does in future games.
-Using a tag throw against a backturned opponent now results in a generic tag throw, rather than a backturned regular throw. (Tina/Bass's unique backturned throw is obviously excepted from this.)
-Fixed counter damage scaling on a series of tag throws:
-Tina generic wall tag throw​
-Leon generic wall tag throw​
-Leifang generic wall tag throw​
-Bayman generic wall tag throw​
-Hayate generic tag throw​
-Hitomi generic tag throw​
-Brad Wong generic tag throw​
-Christie generic tag throw​
-(Hayabusa's izuna tag throw combo is unfortunately still unscaled because I have no more available scaling slots to use. The launch throw itself still scales, however.)​
-Hayate 66KKK hitbox increased slightly. Lets him hit what his old 66KKK was capable of hitting.
-Zack 236FK move added. Its the same move as PP4K.
-Fixed various CPU controlled opponent errors/oversights:
-Fixed CPU Gen Fu doing incorrect 6PPP​
-Fixed CPU Kasumi doing incorrect PP6P6K​
-Fixed CPU Kasumi doing incorrect PP6P2K​
-Fixed CPU Ein sometimes doing incorrect Mid Holds​
-Fixed CPU Hitomi sometimes doing incorrect Mid Holds​
-Fixed CPU Hitomi doing incorrect PP6PP​
-Fixed CPU Helena doing incorrect BT PP4PPP​
-Fixed CPU Ayane doing incorrect 11​
-Fixed CPU Bayman doing incorrect 8K​
-Fixed CPU Bayman not being able to perform wall 46F+P.4F+P vs BT​
-Fixed CPU Leon doing incorrect BT PPP​
-Fixed CPU Leon not being able to perform wall 46F+P.4F+P vs BT​
-Fixed CPU Bass not being able to perform wall 426F+P.2F+P vs BT​
-Fixed CPU Kasumi not being able to perform wall 66F+P.2F+P​
-Fixed CPU Hayate not being able to perform wall Nakiryu​
-Fixed CPU Hayabusa not being able to perform edge Izuna​
-Miscellaneous small tweaks/fixes on imported moves.
Is it possible in a next update if you could please change the command for Tina's "Exploder" throw? It feels nearly impossible to pull off with "holding down + 2 kicks then grab" compared to DOA4's command.

Gultigargar

I did notice that the timing is very strict on that. I'll take a look and see if we can get it a bit more lenient.

Idk if i did something wrong but the first costume of Bayman is corrupted and it crash when i try to select him:
imagen_2023-07-19_154029408.png

And here is how the file looks like in GreedXplorer:
imagen_2023-07-19_154130637.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD