DOA5 Community Summit 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

Sorry if this was already discussed, but I haven't found threads or news about it, I wanted know if someone have more info about this community summit held by Team Ninja to discuss the game: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/summit/index.html

Some people from FSD were invited for this meeting? Will be carried out in a game's lobby?

Edit: Corrected some typos, sorry.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Some people from here were invited, yes. Nothing else has been discussed.

shunwong

They are going to discuss key topics. At least 13 out of 16 are "western" players so at least we are suposed to get something we "westerners" Will like

RoboJoe

So, do we know who's attending this summit? Is it supposed to be a secret? If not, spill it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
While I'm not sure it's a secret, there's not much point in telling who's there. I don't know everyone who went, but I do know some. Needless to say, some of the right people are in attendance and hopefully some good comes from all of this. Let's wait and see if there are any NDAs before we ask people questions.

DR2K

aka: Goodbye Helena's force tech.

Will the 13/16 even matter, because it seems like the guess heavy Japanese base will always take priority?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They are going to discuss key topics. At least 13 out of 16 are "western" players so at least we are suposed to get something we "westerners" Will like
aka: Goodbye Helena's force tech.

Will the 13/16 even matter, because it seems like the guess heavy Japanese base will always take priority?

Okay, let me say something here, and this is more of a broadcast and not so much a reply directly at you two guys:

Yes, it is known that other regions do not play or see the game in the same light as another. That does not make their input any more or less valid than any other player of the game. Team NINJA has a tough job ahead of them in taking the feedback from every fan around the world and finding some way to keep the game within every fan's vision or idea of what exactly is DOA to them. Those ideas may differ from you, and we know well that even within our own region there are player disagreements in what ways to handle the system and suggestions on changes to that system.

Now, I can tell you that (honestly what I think is the first time) Team NINJA made a Dead or Alive game based on the feedback from us, Europe, and the rest of the world. Sure, that sounds great and it really is great to actually have a developer that's open to hearing how you would like to see the game change for the better. However, in the process, I can see that the Japanese may think the game should have gone in a different direction. There was a heavy influence this time on what the American and Europeans wanted that it's possible the Japanese may not have had as much of a say in what the DOA5's end result is.

So we need to stop bickering about who's ideas are getting accepted and who's are being ignored, because everyone is being heard but the team obviously cannot put everyone's ideas into the game. That may mean that Helena's force tech is removed in the patch, however it may mean it stays and they buff her in some other way to where she doesn't need to use the force tech anyways. We won't know until the patch comes out or word from Team NINJA comes out on how they want to direct the patch. In the end, it's Team NINJA's decision on how they want the game to be played, and if you disagree with a decision then you're always free to use the various methods they provide to contact them for feedback. They're honestly one of the few game developers that seem to actually care about what their fans are saying about the game.

So let's stop complaining about unfounded claims that the team is only listening to one set of players, and just play the game.

Roroko

^ let's be honest Mr Wah, every game company starts caring about their fans when their game isn't doing too well.

Berzerk!

^ let's be honest Mr Wah, every game company starts caring about their fans when their game isn't doing too well.

That doesn't match TN's track record with the game so far, they have been very consultative from before release.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I don't know why people tend to think DOA isn't doing well. Only thing that isn't doing well is a competitive scene which still going to take time.

Roroko

That doesn't match TN's track record with the game so far, they have been very consultative from before release.

Really?

Because people have been clamoring for TN to improve the net code from day one. All they did was release a patch that changed the default search criteria. Plenty of people report they have difficulty finding games in simple or ranked matches in nearby regions, even after setting any rank. Any region is not feasible because there's too much lag. Throwdowns also need to be reworked.

People have been rightfully upset about the cheap AI in single player, so TN makes the AI slightly less psychic for just one difficulty level.

Even though the appeals continued, TN seemingly turns a deaf ear to them and instead opts to focus on their overpriced fortnightly DLC that are just recycled costumes from previous games. You can't even just buy the one you want, you have to buy a whole pack. People have been asking for a compatibility pack so they can show off their DLC to other players, which TN has also ignored.

So with a single player mode that's too frustrating to play and a substandard online, it's no surprise people dropped DoA and picked up RE6, AC3, Borderlands 2, etc.

Perhaps the above issues are of no concern to people here, since offline tourneys are seemingly the be all and end all of DoA5, but when casuals can't even enjoy single player nor find a decent online match, shouldn't THOSE be the issues TN looks into if it wants to ensure a thriving DoA community? The same issues they have ignored thus far?

I'm not dissing the game, I like DoA5. I'm just stating what's happening.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think you're confusing what the purpose of their summit was. It explains clearly that the focus was on gameplay changes for the next patch. That is not to say that your concerns you just brought up won't be addressed but they also may not. The first patch was a quick fix it seems, and the next patch seems to be one they are more careful about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD