DOA5 Community Summit 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

shunwong

I'm looking forward to information about what went on at the summit.

I'm specifically interested in:

• Adjusting sit-down stuns and holds
  • Adjusting forced wake-ups and wake-up kicks
  • Special OH

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm looking forward to information about what went on at the summit.

I'm specifically interested in:

• Adjusting sit-down stuns and holds
  • Adjusting forced wake-ups and wake-up kicks
  • Special OH

It doesn't take a man on the inside to tell you that the Japanese hate guaranteed damage situations.

shunwong

It doesn't take a man on the inside to tell you that the Japanese hate guaranteed damage situations.

I really do not understand this. Fighting games are big in Japan and they all have guaranteed damage. What's up with Jap DOA fans?

Batcommander

Perhaps they're sick of guaranteed shenanigans and appreciate the ultra yomi style of DOA as a nice alternative. DOA is probably the only fighter that's like this, and they have tons more fighting games than we do.

Raansu

I really do not understand this. Fighting games are big in Japan and they all have guaranteed damage. What's up with Jap DOA fans?

Ironic considering the the few Japanese players I have come across have so far all used Leifang and Jann Lee.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Japanaese lobbies I used to join never used Jann Lee/Lei Fang and it usually be a lot of different players.

Kronin

I hope to see soon info about the results of the summit (off course if Team Ninja intends to release these infos publicly).

I'm curios to know if TN's questions about the character considered more strong/weak by the players, could have been made in anticipation of being discussed on this occasion.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'd like to see what was discussed about ceiling throws and if any changes were made. Also want to know what constitutes a "special " offensive hold.

Sixmsj

All this Japanese talk seem oddly ignorant considering America has our very own scrub-central whining about stuff like guaranteed damage. See Gamefaqs. Japan isn't one person and I know people here at FSD would be pissed if people in Japan acted like Gamefaq's opinion of the game is representative of all American DOA players.

Zeo

Word of another patch coming came way before anyone got wind of this summit. Considering the actions being taken in aspect to the game's balance, would this mean we would have to wait for the results of this summit, and whatever actions they'll be taking to further improve the game in order to get a patch to improve the online playability?

I understand balance is very important and they may not want to spend a bunch of money constantly patching the game, but where as balance/game improvement is something I would like to come soon, online playability is something I want to come now, and something I think should be prioritized. A patch to improve the netcode and bring this game up to the competitive standards of SC5, FS and TTT2 needs to come asap.

Once the majority of the community can actually play the game on a competitive level, then we can worry about changes to competitive gameplay.

Doa_Eater

But why don't they like guaranteed damage? What makes this in DOA different from the others? Isn't that how they play the other fighting games, pro level VF and Tekken live on guaranteed stuff, and not just that but given the holds in the game DOA is a game that has the least guaranteed stuff.

shunwong

@Zeo

I agree with you 100%. But I'd rather they bring a big patch that actually fixes things than small patches like the previous ones that didn't solve much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD