News DOA5 LAST ROUND ANNOUNCED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

Even if I wasn't expecting something similar (at least not now) I want just say that all this is not something never happened in the past with the series:

doa2dcjpa.jpg

doa2dclea.jpg

doa2ps2jpa.jpg

doa2hcjpa.jpg

doaujpa.jpg

So honestly I think that this news shouldn't give so much disbelief or complaints among the fans: I believe that the only reason because DoA ended to get a "calm life" in the recent past, it was only for the exclusvity for Microsoft and its absence from the Arcade (things that didn't help its fame).

And I say all this as a person that already knows that will get a console of the next gen in a far undetermined future...

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Depends on how they handle this release. If I can transfer the DLC I've bought for the game thus far, then it won't be as bad. HOWEVER, if majority of the DLC costumes I bought for Ultimate are available for people for FREE, then that's a problem. I won't be mad if they include Marie Rose, Phase-4, and Nyotengu for free, because that's a given. It's the DLC costume issue I'm mainly worried about.

nothingtosee

I think that if this indeed comes to the old gen consoles then the new characters and some new costumes are included for sure, they need something to catch the interest of both newcomers and long time fans of the series. Regarding the dlc the probably will do the same they did with doa5u and exclude the newer bikinis and the more slutty/costumes that make them eran more money if sold separately.

Xhominid The Demon Within

For me, my issue simply falls into this:

Since I plan on getting the PS4(and most of my shit is on the X360), this will suck regardless for me. But AS LONG as they include still updating the content for DOA5U, I have no problem with it. If they start doing DOA5LR exclusive content, I will be PISSED.

Chaos

DOA5 LR on current gen consoles?! If theres going to be less input lag then we can definitely use the PS4/X1 for tounaments in the future. :)

Brute

Standard Donor
People's complaints seem to be stemming from two things:

1) They don't want to buy the whole game over again (and possibly a new console) to stay up-to-date with the latest. While the game may or may not have features not included in the previous-gen version, that brings us to point 2.

2) Separating the game onto four platforms will divide the online player base even further, making matches more difficult to find and synchronize. This won't be an issue if they somehow feature cross-platform play, but I would honestly be surprised if they pulled that off.

People's excitement seems to be stemming from two things:

1) Possibility of new features, which may or may not arrive on previous-gen consoles. Also which we have no accurate indication of what they may be.

2) Possible gameplay alterations/tweaks, which may or may not appear on last gen consoles, and may not occur at all.

So, yeah. There you have it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Xbox One would likely be a strong contender for platform since they'll have them for Killer Instinct at tournaments. PS4 is possible for Guilty Gear but I'm still pretty sure that'll hit Xbox as well. We'll see after TGS.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Which console is everyone getting for this game Xbone or PS4? I still cant decide :confused:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Xbox One for sure. I might double dip on PS4 but I still don't have a game to pick a PS4 up for yet. Uncharted will hopefully do it for me.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
When it comes to consoles, I've always been a PlayStation guy, so of course the PS4. And quite frankly, I think if Last Round doesn't get a Core Fighters version, then the skill level on PSN will be better. That's just speculation, of course.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'm not a 360 fan and I plan on getting a PS3 soon, but I mainly want a PS4 far more than an Xbox One, so if I do get LR(which like with my other times with next gen consoles, will be in another year or 2 when game selection is more varied), it will be for the PS4.

NightAntilli

Yeah no.. I'm sick & tired of them milking DOA5. First the costumes, then the simple revamp that was DOA5U, with more costumes and characters, and now again the same game in a new coat?

Sorry Team Ninja. You're not getting my money this time. Shove it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Locking this to continue the conversation in a clean environment post last gen confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD