News DOA5 LAST ROUND ANNOUNCED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

This is fantastic news! :) The truth is...after Nyo's release and there's no more new content for the game, months down the road the popularity will decline and online will become a ghost town.

This will give us the opportunity to play the game with updated graphics (assuming it's for current gen), new stages, new outfits, and possibly even new characters. And the fact that this will be coming out in 7-8 months makes it even better (as opposed to a DOA6 which would take several years).

So props to you TN I agree with this move that you've taken. I know that none of us really wanted another 5 version but looking at the alternatives I like this one best.

the space cadet

To reiterate: this is a TEASER trailer. There is not a confirmation anywhere of anything regarding final platform list, price, or features. The teaser was released as a treat for the folks in attendance at the DoA5U Arcade tournament.

Simple fact is that nothing is known and a lot of the people posting here are likely going to feel pretty pathetic soon.

Capcom does this with SF but at least when they do updates the new characters get storylines and you're not expected to shell out hundreds of dollars for DLC if you want a complete game.

Patience...

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Not sure how I feel about this. :p I am getting a PS4 later on cause of KH3 and a couple of other games. Oh well, I'll wait till there's further info before I make my opinion.

xWildx

not okay...this will just split the community even more and the ps4 doesn't even have free online this time around. If this was a doa6 it would be better but this is just another cash grab...

also let's add that current sticks don't currently work natively with any of the new consoles without modding.

PS4 online is free unless you pay for PS+, however, you don't need PS+ to play online.

DeadlyChase

That's the point, we're going to be over a year into PS4 lifecycle and instead of, say, a DOA6 demo we're going to get the same game we've been playing for years. And yeah Capcom does this with SF but at least when they do updates the new characters get storylines and you're not expected to shell out hundreds of dollars for DLC if you want a complete game.

It's just disappointing that TN is stuck on DOA5 when almost every other fighting game is confirmed to be getting a proper sequel soon.

First of all not having all the DLC, doesn't mean your game is incomplete. Because a lot the costumes were't even in the game to begin with. You literally have to download the free Catalog to actually add them to the game. There are other costumes coming out, and being created, and they aren't in the game yet... You need the catalogs. Now I know some games have addons already in the game just waiting to be unlocked, and the only way to do that is buying. Example: Tales of Grace or any tales game for that matter. The DLC costumes are already in the game. When you buy a costume all it does is basically unlock the costume that was already in the game. You're basically buying a code for the costume. That is a true incomplete game.

Xion

You have to admit Street Fighter has had more revisions than DOA5, and well, you cant really be mad at Team Ninja for doing something many of us actually want.. DOA6
Seeing how this was recently revealed, I honestly can't be bothered to download nyo tengu tomorrow

Yeah thats thing with me too, she's probably going to be included so ill hold off.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Glad to hear that DOATEC Hong Kong is returning. I hope that Aerial Gardens and Freedom Survivor also return.

Jadeinchains

I'm getting a ps4 in the summer of 2015 so i'll get this. If this includes all the dlc from doa5u i feel sorry for people who bought it all. But I guess we all just have to wait for more solid information on cross gen support and such. When i think about it i'm actually really happy i don't need to wait until post 2017 for doa6 now.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
There are some free to play games on PSN. I wonder if they will do the core fighters thing again...we'll just have to wait for details.

Number 13

If this game will get a decent amount of new content plus many refinements (like the arcade UI, better online, better stage textures, etc) then this game will be worth getting. I see that at least one more stage will be added so that is a start. If this will be a minimal effort port then not worth getting if you don't have a PS4/Xbox One yet so we will see.

Hope how the DLC works will be like Ultimate where some of the DLC is included but the rest you have to pay for so they avoid slapping the face to the loyal consumers who would go out of their way to buy hundreds worth of DLC to help out TN. I highly doubt the DLC from last gen will carry over but will be glad if wrong.

nothingtosee

Looks like the photos that said the title was for ps4 and xbox one are gone from tecmo'd fb page and KT Europe's instagram. I wonder why they took it out...

Cadaveri

crossplay between ps3/ps4 would be awesome to preserve communities together, but I doubt that'll happen :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD