News DOA5 LAST ROUND ANNOUNCED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume they will add more Virtua Fighters but I do hope and pray they will extend the story mode kill Victor Donovan and end the clone story! So DOA6 can feel completley fresh and new.

Mavis

Sounds cool, excited to hear about what else they announce for it. It's kinda beefy in content as it is so if they do add new stuff like characters, costumes or what have you then that is just a bonus imo.

Chapstick

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited. And of course I'll be getting it. I hope the reason it'll take so long to port is a lot more new content+Giving the existing stages more polygons and better textures
You couldn't play the arcade version, either, but you sure did get the content from it, didn't you?
That was only available in one country in arcade cabinets. I'm not sure that's comparable to a game that will be released worldwide. But, for more profits they likely will release content backwards which would either mean having to make the same thing twice in higher and lower quality or just making lower quality content both systems can run

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited. And of course I'll be getting it. I hope the reason it'll take so long to port is a lot more new content+Giving the existing stages more polygons and better textures

That was only available in one country in arcade cabinets. I'm not sure that's comparable to a game that will be released worldwide. But, for more profits they likely will release content backwards which would either mean having to make the same thing twice in higher and lower quality or just making lower quality content both systems can run
The current gen consoles are similarly out of reach for a lot of people at the moment. Really just a cost barrier but there it is. Simple fact is that nothing is known and a lot of the people posting here are likely going to feel pretty pathetic soon. I have no patience for people making an assumption and then getting up in arms about it.

Xion

some comments have been negative. Im sure many of you had thought of a DOA5 port to ps4 before, along with other remastered games so now that its been announced im curious what the hangup is? You will likely be getting DOA5U with full 1080P 60fps visuals with some enhancements, at least some of the DLC included (probably the DLC Characters included) purchased DLC cross buy, perhaps a new stage or two, some new moves and rebalancing and new costumes included in the package. This will make the first DOA on the new consoles a pretty meaty one, and will continue support for a while longer. Yeah its not a new game, but it keeps DOA going until then.

So is the hangup about people who dont own a current gen machine not getting in on whatever new comes out of this? Its not too different from the DOA5U situation, except there's a console barrier too and not just a new game barrier. I do understand that but team ninja wants you to move on to the new generation so they can sell you their games and content for the future. Its a business after all.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
I'm excited, I just hope it includes the DLC or at least allows your licenses to carry forward. I also hope they take this opportunity to improve the netcode (doubtful). Excited to have some fighting on my PS4 so I can get closer to retiring my PS3 lol.

Xion

Mkx is releasing on old and next gen even if they aren't compatable I beleive they're both essentially the same thing. if they stop support for DOA5U to force everyone onto this like they did with DOA5 and plus I'm going to be a little bit upset

Thats practically a guarantee so rage away if thats what you want to do.

the space cadet

There are two types of people that would bitch about this. Those that bitch about anything new, then get it anyways. And those that bitch about anything new that they can't have.

We're going to be well into a year of the next gen consoles by the time LR comes out. At some point, it's time to let go of the 8 year old hardware and embrace the current standard. Go save up some money.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Edited the initial post since nobody is reading the actual comments before throwing a tantrum.

GeomighT

Team-Ninja put a smile on my face this morning .....
I called they would announce a new DOA at the time around this tournament. Finally a reason to dust off my PS3 and put it back into its Box, and activate my PlayStation Plus on PS4..

synce

There are two types of people that would bitch about this. Those that bitch about anything new, then get it anyways. And those that bitch about anything new that they can't have.

We're going to be well into a year of the next gen consoles by the time LR comes out. At some point, it's time to let go of the 8 year old hardware and embrace the current standard. Go save up some money.

That's the point, we're going to be over a year into PS4 lifecycle and instead of, say, a DOA6 demo we're going to get the same game we've been playing for years. And yeah Capcom does this with SF but at least when they do updates the new characters get storylines and you're not expected to shell out hundreds of dollars for DLC if you want a complete game.

It's just disappointing that TN is stuck on DOA5 when almost every other fighting game is confirmed to be getting a proper sequel soon.

DeadlyChase

Well for Dynasty warriors8. All my DLC moved over to my Ps4.... I'm pretty sure it will be the same way for DoA. Anyway I spend money on the things I like. It's Just that simple. As for the community splitting. Stop assuming as much. Before the Ps4 even came out they talked about cross Ps3 to Ps4 in a Sony (FAQ) So just wait and see, and hold your bitching till after the fact. I mean Final Fantasy Reborn is Ps3 to Ps4 to Computer cross over. Just wait.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The Zen Studios guys got the tablet imports working for their pinball platforms across generations so I sincerely doubt anyone will have to pay for DLC again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD