DOA5U DOA5U 1.03 Patch

RoboJoe

I understand TN adding Rachel's nerf's to a system update, I kind of understand adding Alpha's but why Momoji? Her nerf's will in no way change how she plays but why alter her when there are other characters that needed it more?

In regards to Rachel, she still has a nasty 50/50 mix up on knockdown. If the opponent is teching then don't attack and you get tons of frame advantage, and if they don't tech do 2K and you get +15. The only difference is they took out the brain dead way her FT set ups worked.

Anyone who cries about that nerf doesn't want to be rewarded for making a good read they just want to be at + no matter what they do in which case they probably can't play for shit and I'm glad TN kicked out their crutch.

Wrong. Side tech into wakeup kick is possible now

RoboJoe

Is that for the entire cast, or just her?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can side tech the stomp. You can wake up kick from side tech, which eliminates the purpose of the stomp in the first place.

It would be nice if someone could get a video of it or something. My access to the ps3 version is limited.

Drake Aldan

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can side tech the stomp. You can wake up kick from side tech, which eliminates the purpose of the stomp in the first place.
The computer was doing this to me and I was wondering what it was. Argh, invincibility frames on top of more invincibility frames.

Well at least I can catch people mashing out their kick.

I can has respect for being a Rachel player now?
Nope. :cool:

Omegan Eckhart

The computer was doing this to me and I was wondering what it was. Argh, invincibility frames on top of more invincibility frames.

Well at least I can catch people mashing out their kick.
You can't tech roll to the side and then use a wake up kick, you have to choose not to tech once hitting the ground and then roll to the side and wake up kick.

This should mean that if they try this tactic you can just FT them out of it.

I could be wrong but I just tried it with Helena's 33P4P > 6P and it can't be used against her so Rachel's 2K should still be totally viable if you make a good read. It's easy to see an instant tech roll so if they roll continue pressure, if they don't 2K them.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
pretty sure Tengu is more unplayable than anyone right now ya know for obvious reasons.

i personally think we need a new word because the play in unplayable just seems hollow right now. how about instead you use unusable? because i dont think the people saying this stuff are honestly even playing anymore. the game just seems to make them miserable. what happened to fun?

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

It would be nice if someone could get a video of it or something. My access to the ps3 version is limited.

I can't really find people to really test it out(or if the X360 even has the compatibility patch atm) because I haven't yet met someone who can easily FT when I use Rachel against them(mainly because I don't have issues missing the Stomp and keep on landing it)

hollow

I could understand if they nerfed Alpha's HI counter grab yea everyone hated it including me, but to completely exterminate every single GB she has and make her negative on them now!? AND make her float stance 10 frames longer for her to get on the ground??? like why though?? stuff that didn't hit her now hits her HARD because of those 10 frames, her and rachel are basicallly gone now IMO.

Last edited:

RoboJoe

You can't tech roll to the side and then use a wake up kick, you have to choose not to tech once hitting the ground and then roll to the side and wake up kick.

This should mean that if they try this tactic you can just FT them out of it.

I could be wrong but I just tried it with Helena's 33P4P > 6P and it can't be used against her so Rachel's 2K should still be totally viable if you make a good read. It's easy to see an instant tech roll so if they roll continue pressure, if they don't 2K them.

This is good news and is what I originally thought before I was told I was wrong. I guess I was too quick to believe. Anyway, I guess my first post isn't wrong then and Rachel does have a 2/3 chance of getting big advantage which I prefer over vanilla's small but constant advantage.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I could understand if they nerfed Alpha's HI counter grab yea everyone hated it including me, but to completely exterminate every single GB she has and make her negative on them now!? AND make her float stance 10 frames longer for her to get on the ground??? like why though?? stuff that didn't hit her now hits her HARD because of those 10 frames, her and rachel are basicallly gone now IMO.

It's not 10 frames from F.L.O.A.T, it's 10 frames after 7K F.L.O.A.T. I sensed both of these nerfs coming a long time ago. I find it funny that after every patch, Alpha has been nerfed in someway every single time... and I really don't give a damn because the only way I'm going to lose consistently with her is if they:

1. Make it impossible to free cancel out of her P string.

Oh wait, that's all I need to win. No list needed.

7K is great, but it's way better with her back turned, and are people seriously still falling for 66P? Either duck or counter and you're good to go. My Alpha will by fine.

I'm shocked (and happy) that Genfu avoided the nerf hammer once again. He is golden. I'm using him more than Alpha now.

I can say that I love this patch, and I love the rank match fix, but it still needed more done to it.

All I can say is quit bitching and get over it, if you want to ditch your character that's your own god damned problem and it just proves in my opinion that you used the character for the wrong reasons.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD