DOA5U DoA5U DLC is getting a bad rap on Xbox 360 store, says GameInformer.

Boogie

@Tyaren Btw do you know anyone in this community that is an art student or concept artist?

*raises hand*

anyways. while i am sick and tired of the fetish costumes, i'm not totally 100% against them. my only issue is that the costumes should be made for all the characters. that's where the sexism comes in. i mean yeah, show all the boobies and skin, but i mean, throw hayabusa, bayman and rig in a towel as well. let everyone fight in swimwear, put eliot in a jock-strap. give me bass in like a c-thong

C2860.jpg

there are plenty of slutty male things out there that shouldn't take too much to do. (i really just wanted to post that picture tbh)

i agree that DoA is a niche market. it does something really good that other fighting games can't seem to get right but what they get wrong is equal representation. even some of the female characters are vastly ignored compared to others (ie. lisa)

they have over 300 entries in both contests, there is no excuse aside from budgets that they can't throw out packs of outfits using those designs. instead we just kinda get thrown basic fetish outfits. alternatively, those fetish outfits could just be quick fillers for better outfits that they were working on and we're gonna get some treats for DoA5LR or something. but now im just rambling.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
First of all, gaming journalism outside of gameindustry.biz and developer oriented magazines is very much a tabloid culture and misinformed filled with bias and shitposting. If you don't think they're worth your time, don't buy their prints and don't click their link so that they don't make money via ad revenue.

In regards to portraying a positive image, then you lot might as well dedicate yourselves to showing up to local offline sessions and show that you care about the game even if there is a negative image surrounding some of the content. As long as they realize that the game can be fun and they'll end up enjoying it, players slowly begin to approach it and try it out. Once you got a few people hooked, then all this talk about dlc content becomes irrelevant.

If you actually show insecurity regarding this issue, then you're not making this game look approachable. Just have fun with it. Be cool with it, don't buy the costumes/packs you don't like and don't be a weirdo. One of the so cal players (who will remain anonymous) just acted like a creep and I remember that turned off Aris from trying the game out, but people started to try it out because despite its issues, it's mostly fun and there's usually a character that will fit someone's taste.

I know that the game a large number of young players online that don't usually go to offline sessions, tourneys or gatherings, so I'd like to ask you to not bring this issue on with new players or observers. Pretend you don't care about this much despite the bad publicity and keep playing the game and show you're having fun, because that is the key to attracting new people to the scene.

You, sir have hit the nail on the head!

I've supported DOA5 since its release in September 2012, and I've gotten respect for DOA5U in my scene with a possibility of weekly streamed tournaments in the future. Make the game look legit and people will think it looks legit. Make it look like shit and people will think it's shit.

As for Game Informer. Their opinion is null & void to me simply by virtue of them being owned by GameStop.

Last edited:

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
This could have all been avoided if I had of got my costume for bayman...

*thinks of bayman in a towel and his good ol' Beret*

He showers with that thing on I think. Even uses his conditioner on it.

Though on a serious note, I can understand why people would be upset about having a "large" amount of fanservice costumes. Though to not have any is somewhat impossible. What people consider hot/attractive/whatever differs on the people.

For someone like me, Kokoro in her Costume 6 (Her tight black shorts and grey and white stripped shirt) is probably one of the "sexist" things for her. I mean to me its nosebleed worth. Her chest is so well rounded in that outfit. You can see some of her cleavage but you can also see the shape of her breasts so well. Though I find the character models when they are wearing less clothes don't actually look quite right.

Though even Rig in his 2014 Halloween outfit is still hot. (Im a straight guy but just follow me here). Hes shirtless with a coat completely open and well defined (Toned). Im comfortable enough with my sexuality to be able to say, hes an attractive guy. Though a costume like Kokoros 2014 is still fanservice to me. Its super cute, and makes Kokoro look amazing to me. Shes a game character I cant obviously sleep with, so I tend to like outfits that have other attributes, other than just showing cleavage. They have serviced a fan by giving me what I want.

Just something I think is all. What kind of costumes please you guys the most? Do you feel you fit in the typical "fetish" zone of fanservice or?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD