DoA5U Hayabusa

Brute

Standard Donor
You can actually fudge the input by rolling 3214K. Typically, though, I hold 3, then dart back to 4 and hit K. The hold can't be too long though or your 14 frame move will become more like an 18 frame move.

Knowing attacks that leave you in crouching state is helpful in certain situations though. For example, after WR H+K, after a WU kick. But overall, you don't want to adapt to only using the move after such attacks, because then you won't know how to use it standalone when you need it.

Nameless Sama

OFF: I think I should get NG Sigma 2

just hold 3 for 2 sec and then you make it very easy. Sorry that I cant help you but I make it with my feel the 3.4K :p.

OFF: I think I should get NG Sigma 2

just hold 3 for 2 sec and then you make it very easy. Sorry that I cant help you but I make it with my feel the 3.4K :p.
OFF: yea get the game its really fun
oh ok thanks final a place where i know ill get help rather than being called a cheap noob or something i dont know how many people rage on me after i beat them

Nameless Sama

Ryu is slow with his string but also he can punish most of the opponents with P and sidestep P and K. I have figured out that sidestepping with Ryu is very useful.

Ryu strength are his holds and throws and if you can manage to use his every kind of Izuna then you can win easier.
I have example porblems against Kasumi becuase of her speed but I have the feel now that I can beat every Pro Kasumi Player now.

Generel Infomation about Ryu in DOA5U: Ryu is a very hard character to use becuase his emphases are the 360 Thorws and Expert Izuna Holds but of the side that is his strentgh.The another point is that Ryus combos are dependent from the timing. As a Ryu Player you need to know what you are doing otherwise your combo wll not work. Of course every Player must know what he or she must do but by Ryu you can drop your combos very easy. If you decide to main with Ryu you should learn to calm down in every moment otherwise you will drop your combos again and the fatal point is you will miss your 360 Thros or Holds which you would cost your round. How I should say it. His punishing moves are dependent from the timing and if you miss the timing you will drop it. Ah yes Ryu is one of the characters that you must play always with him otherwise you will never be good with him trust me. Alone the 360 Expert Holds needs too much practice.

Offense: Ryu has a little of GB but his :6::P: and :6::K: are good and fast strikes. :4::P: is a good distance Punch which breaks most of the opponents strikes. :3::K: is a very good distance strike which breaks almost every move. :1::K: is very useful if you want to break Mid Punches and Mid Kicks and High Strikes. :1::K: is very good if the opponent are lying on the ground. :6::6::K: is one of the most inportent strikes ever. :6::6::K: is a GB and it allows you like :1::K: in ryus onygion stance. :6::6::K: is one of his Combo build up stones. :9::K: is a very good punish move it allows you a guarantee damage after a stun. Know his mother of good Important move is the handstand kick :3_::5::4::K:. This move is the key for very high damage. This moves allows you in Tag a good juggle Combo BUT this is a very hard move to perform it becuase is dependent from the timing. :214::P: is a very useful move and a very good sit stun is better than the :4::H+K: sit stun. His weakness is :3_: :H+K: becuase if the opponent block this move you can get easly punished. :3_: :H+K: is very useful when you the are lying on the ground or you at mid distance when the opponent are going to perform a move. This move is very fast but you get easly punished. His air grab :426::F: is a very useful tool but is hard to perform becuase is dependet from the amount and the timing of the opponent. It seems very easly from the inouts but trust me if you are emploing with him then you will know what I mean.

5/5 Holds: Holds and Throws are Ryus strentghs becuase he can perfrom the Izuna drop which makes a lot of damage. His expert holds allows him to make air juggles which you can combine it with environment combos like the pillar or boxes. Every beginner dont know what is his real point of the expert holds. I have noticed that almost and even knowledge player make expert hold combos which is a very bad idea because if you think logical you will know that the expert holds are for environment combos where you know that you can hit the opponent with the combo to an electric fence for example. In general makes an Expert Izuna hold more damage than these air juggle combos. Its really sad that the most ryu player are copy the same combo from other Ryu player. Its okay but it would be better if you are creating for yourself combos maybe your combos are better than the other who knows.
I have created for myself a another combo which is better than the regular standard combo form the other ryu player.

Damage: One think is sure Ryu makes the most damage with his Izuna Otochi :426::F: :5: :624::F: :5: :4862::F:
and :3::3::F: :5::426::F: :5: :624::F::5: :F::4862:
and with his expert holds Senko , Rekko and Yako = :6::4::h: :5: :426::h: :5: :624::h: :5: :4862::h: . And if you are at the cliff and perform a Izuna you can be sure that you make a half life damage. His Throws and Graps are too dangerous and makes more damage than Bass and for Leon. They have no change from the damage points,
Ryus Shoho Izuna :426::P+K::P::P::4862::F: makes too much damage. Its like a 16 hit combo with CB.

Speed: He has fast strikes but slow strikes too. All in one he is ok. His Strikes are a little bit slower but they can crush at least. :P: is your good card to safe your ass form mid P from fast characters like ayane or kasumi. His Speed doesnt work well on fast characters thats why is a good idea to use :P:.

Safeness: You are going to play with Ryu you must play with careful becuase against a pro player you will get punished. Almost every move is minus on block and his moves need some time to recover and till this time you can get punished. Most of the opponents are to dump to make a mid Kick counter becuase he hasnt a mid kick launcher besides in Tag. You can confuse you opponent easy with mid kicks. His Strikes is slow but you need at least 3 moves you can make CB. His Stun rate is very impressive.

I will make a breakedown and maybe a tutorial video for ryu. I play with this character since 7 years. Hmm maybe a Live commentary ? We will see.

Have Questions? Feel free to ask

Nameless
:hayabusa:

w
Ryu is slow with his string but also he can punish most of the opponents with P and sidestep P and K. I have figured out that sidestepping with Ryu is very useful.

Ryu strength are his holds and throws and if you can manage to use his every kind of Izuna then you can win easier.
I have example porblems against Kasumi becuase of her speed but I have the feel now that I can beat every Pro Kasumi Player now.

Generel Infomation about Ryu in DOA5U: Ryu is a very hard character to use becuase his emphases are the 360 Thorws and Expert Izuna Holds but of the side that is his strentgh.The another point is that Ryus combos are dependent from the timing. As a Ryu Player you need to know what you are doing otherwise your combo wll not work. Of course every Player must know what he or she must do but by Ryu you can drop your combos very easy. If you decide to main with Ryu you should learn to calm down in every moment otherwise you will drop your combos again and the fatal point is you will miss your 360 Thros or Holds which you would cost your round. How I should say it. His punishing moves are dependent from the timing and if you miss the timing you will drop it. Ah yes Ryu is one of the characters that you must play always with him otherwise you will never be good with him trust me. Alone the 360 Expert Holds needs too much practice.

Offense: Ryu has a little of GB but his :6::P: and :6::K: are good and fast strikes. :4::P: is a good distance Punch which breaks most of the opponents strikes. :3::K: is a very good distance strike which breaks almost every move. :1::K: is very useful if you want to break Mid Punches and Mid Kicks and High Strikes. :1::K: is very good if the opponent are lying on the ground. :6::6::K: is one of the most inportent strikes ever. :6::6::K: is a GB and it allows you like :1::K: in ryus onygion stance. :6::6::K: is one of his Combo build up stones. :9::K: is a very good punish move it allows you a guarantee damage after a stun. Know his mother of good Important move is the handstand kick :3_::5::4::K:. This move is the key for very high damage. This moves allows you in Tag a good juggle Combo BUT this is a very hard move to perform it becuase is dependent from the timing. :214::P: is a very useful move and a very good sit stun is better than the :4::H+K: sit stun. His weakness is :3_: :H+K: becuase if the opponent block this move you can get easly punished. :3_: :H+K: is very useful when you the are lying on the ground or you at mid distance when the opponent are going to perform a move. This move is very fast but you get easly punished. His air grab :426::F: is a very useful tool but is hard to perform becuase is dependet from the amount and the timing of the opponent. It seems very easly from the inouts but trust me if you are emploing with him then you will know what I mean.

5/5 Holds: Holds and Throws are Ryus strentghs becuase he can perfrom the Izuna drop which makes a lot of damage. His expert holds allows him to make air juggles which you can combine it with environment combos like the pillar or boxes. Every beginner dont know what is his real point of the expert holds. I have noticed that almost and even knowledge player make expert hold combos which is a very bad idea because if you think logical you will know that the expert holds are for environment combos where you know that you can hit the opponent with the combo to an electric fence for example. In general makes an Expert Izuna hold more damage than these air juggle combos. Its really sad that the most ryu player are copy the same combo from other Ryu player. Its okay but it would be better if you are creating for yourself combos maybe your combos are better than the other who knows.
I have created for myself a another combo which is better than the regular standard combo form the other ryu player.

Damage: One think is sure Ryu makes the most damage with his Izuna Otochi :426::F: :5: :624::F: :5: :4862::F:
and :3::3::F: :5::426::F: :5: :624::F::5: :F::4862:
and with his expert holds Senko , Rekko and Yako = :6::4::h: :5: :426::h: :5: :624::h: :5: :4862::h: . And if you are at the cliff and perform a Izuna you can be sure that you make a half life damage. His Throws and Graps are too dangerous and makes more damage than Bass and for Leon. They have no change from the damage points,
Ryus Shoho Izuna :426::P+K::P::P::4862::F: makes too much damage. Its like a 16 hit combo with CB.

Speed: He has fast strikes but slow strikes too. All in one he is ok. His Strikes are a little bit slower but they can crush at least. :P: is your good card to safe your ass form mid P from fast characters like ayane or kasumi. His Speed doesnt work well on fast characters thats why is a good idea to use :P:.

Safeness: You are going to play with Ryu you must play with careful becuase against a pro player you will get punished. Almost every move is minus on block and his moves need some time to recover and till this time you can get punished. Most of the opponents are to dump to make a mid Kick counter becuase he hasnt a mid kick launcher besides in Tag. You can confuse you opponent easy with mid kicks. His Strikes is slow but you need at least 3 moves you can make CB. His Stun rate is very impressive.

I will make a breakedown and maybe a tutorial video for ryu. I play with this character since 7 years. Hmm maybe a Live commentary ? We will see.

Have Questions? Feel free to ask

Nameless
:hayabusa:
Wow looks like i still have much to learn about the super ninja well here to heavy training after i get a new ps3 thanks for the info about ryu

Brute

Standard Donor
Nameless' post is very helpful for an overview, but a couple things I'd be cautious of.

For example, a cliff Izuna will not take half-life unless it's on HiCounter. That includes doing any critical hold (hold from stun) or NH throw/hold.
I'd also be cautious of 66K on faster opponents. For example, Sarah can beat out/tie every option you have after it with 6P.
His speed is on the slower end at 10/13/14. It should also be noted that he doesn't have great follow-ups from those to negate standing guards. You'll have to be very careful to score CHs using those pokes. That, or you're caught in a free-cancel fest.
Juggle-wise Ryu's actually pretty simple, unless you're using his WR4KP ender. His threshold for most of his launchers are pretty similar if you're using the air grab and don't change much based on opponent's weight class. For example, the Shoho Izuna is your best juggle aside from PL->Shoho. Both work on all weight classes at all threshold levels. Then of course there's the issue with Tag, but I on't play tag so it's irrelevant to me. xD

otherwise, good stuff

Nameless Sama

I am saturday the whole day online so if you want to play just write me a message.

Cip: He means some great stuff including Ryu on her/his current project like he/she did before with her/his friends. Awesome as always.

QueenJakheiho

Soon...very soon.
I hope the Ryu Fans can forgive me i put as final track Ayanes Theme "Sense of Mission" from NGS2 lol xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD