DoA5U Hayabusa

Jaguar360

What are good critical burst combos for him?
:214::P: guarantees a critical burst before you use it so that is good to use in combos. 4H+K is also a really good stun. Here are some examples:
  • :6::P:, :4::H+K:, :214::P:, :P+K:
  • :214::P:, :4::H+K:, :6::K:, :P+K:
  • :4::H+K:, :3::P:, :214::P:, :P+K:
  • :214::P:, :4::4::P:, :214::P:, :P+K:
  • :6::P+K::4_:, :P:, :214::P:, :P+K:
  • Sidestep :P:, :4::4::P:, :4::H+K:, :P+K:
For any character you could also use :P: right before you do the critical burst sometimes to trick the opponent into holding mid punch holding before you do the burst. You can do this as long as your opponent is not in a sit-down stun (so not after :214::P: or :4::H+K:), but just try to get the combos down before you start doing tricks like this. Sorry if this is too much of an information dump. I hope I helped.

That Is My Way

What are good critical burst combos for him?

Work with Mid Kicks too , because so many Players dont think , to make mid counter kicks. 1. Ryu hasnt any good Mid Kick launcher 2. The opponents always make mid puch or High counters.

I give you an example

At mid distance
:6::P+K: :+: :3::K: :+: :6::K: :+: :9::K: :+::426::P: :+: :3: :5: :4_::K::P:
The :9::K: after :3::K: is a good move for 1. to confuse the opponent 2. its guarantee after :9::K:

:4::4: :P: :+: :6::K: :+: :6::K::K: :+: :426::F:
Sidestep :P: :+: :P: :+: :9::K: :+: :3::5::+::4::K: :+: :426::F:

That Is My Way ( the asshole way ) :9::K: :+: :3::K: :+: :4: :H+K: :+: :9::K: :+: :3::P+K: :5: :+: :P+K:

:4::H+K: :+: :6::P: :+: :4::H+K: :+: :P+K: :4_::+: :P+K: :+: :P::P::4862::F:

CB is good but my opinion is confusing the opponent , is the best way for Ryu. You can think why. That is my way after confusing them I punish with Izuna Otochi :426::F::+: :268::F::+: :4862::F:. A pro player would make a low counter to avoid the punish throw and High kicks If I get them I punish them with CB.

Jaguar

:4::4::P: is very good at distance. Pro Players would make Stagger escape. :6::P: is very fast and safe.
:214::P: is very good stun but this move is very slow. I would do :214::P: when I know that the opponent makes a counter. A little bit risky but it allows to make the CB which is very great. Why not Throw is very good but but image if a player makes a low counter. That would be not cool.

Jaguar360

Work with Mid Kicks too , because so many Players dont think , to make mid counter kicks. 1. Ryu hasnt any good Mid Kick launcher 2. The opponents always make mid puch or High counters.

I give you an example

At mid distance
:6::P+K: :+: :3::K: :+: :6::K: :+: :9::K: :+::426::P: :+: :3: :5: :4_::K::P:
The :9::K: after :3::K: is a good move for 1. to confuse the opponent 2. its guarantee after :9::K:

:4::4: :P: :+: :6::K: :+: :6::K::K: :+: :426::F:
Sidestep :P: :+: :P: :+: :9::K: :+: :3::5::+::4::K: :+: :426::F:

That Is My Way ( the asshole way ) :9::K: :+: :3::K: :+: :4: :H+K: :+: :9::K: :+: :3::P+K: :5: :+: :P+K:

:4::H+K: :+: :6::P: :+: :4::H+K: :+: :P+K: :4_::+: :P+K: :+: :P::P::4862::F:

CB is good but my opinion is confusing the opponent , is the best way for Ryu. You can think why. That is my way after confusing them I punish with Izuna Otochi :426::F::+: :268::F::+: :4862::F:. A pro player would make a low counter to avoid the punish throw and High kicks If I get them I punish them with CB.

Jaguar

:4::4::P: is very good at distance. Pro Players would make Stagger escape. :6::P: is very fast and safe.
:214::P: is very good stun but this move is very slow. I would do :214::P: when I know that the opponent makes a counter. A little bit risky but it allows to make the CB which is very great. Why not Throw is very good but but image if a player makes a low counter. That would be not cool.
Good point about mid kicks but Ryu still has 6KK and 6KP as mid kick launchers and 9K as a bound which he can get 3PPP or 236P, WR KP off of. Never mind you included these.

And yes, 214P is very slow, but it provides the BEST possible stun and guarantees the critical burst. It is definitely worth mentioning even though it can be slow and predictable. That's why you mix things up with moves like 4H+K, 6K, 3P, etc.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayabusa allows for a lot of free-style from stun, meaning a "set-up" is just you being predictable when honestly, you've got a lot of options. A lot. That said, I'm hearing some iffy things, so here's my feedback (it's kinda long).

First of all, 9K is a bound on CH/from stun, meaning that the juggle follow-up potential is the same regardless how deep in the stun threshold you go. Thus, if you want to go that route, I'd honestly try to pop it out sooner (namely after the 6P+K lift stun) since that gives the opponent less chances to hold out. Especially if they can stagger escape out of my set-up. Note that 6K will not connect after 3K if the opponent stagger escapes. Also, 236P WR 4KP is not a valid juggle on all weight classes from the 9K bound. Learn your different bound combos for different weight classes.

9K is not guaranteed after 6K. It can't be stagger escaped, but it can be held.

Again, if the opponent stagger escapes, 6K will not connect after 44P.

Like I mentioned earlier, the 9K bound is the same regardless your stun threshold. Why exhibit a different follow-up from it here than before? Besides, on the weight classes where you can apply this juggle from 9K, it's not optimal damage.

Are you giving a combo that begins with 9K on NH? First of all, that will rarely ever happen. Secondly, if it does, you only get +9 from it of the opponent stagger escapes, meaning the 3K usually won't connect. Furthermore, 4H+K can be stagger escaped to only +16, meaning your 9K follow-up probably won't connect (it's a SDS so everyone will try to SE it). If it did guarantee a 20 frame attack like 9K, you could simply go for a CB instead and get way better damage. But it doesn't.
Also, again, you're making a lot of very, very risky moves here trying to delay the stun threshold when you don't even need to. You're ending with the same 9K bound again. It's the same from any point in the threshold.

Again, 4H+K does not guarantee a 20 frame attack (like P+K). You will get stagger escaped for trying it, and you will get held. Also, if the opponent is stagger escaping, 4H+K won't even connect after 6P.

No. A pro player would stagger escape, since spamming low holds lets Ryu get a full free 120 points of damage from his Yoko (33T into Izuna).

:6::P: is very fast and safe.
It's 13 frames (standard mid speed), has no threatening mix-ups and is not safe.

This is the only move that will guarantee a 20 frame follow-up, since it's a very heavy sit-down stun. Furthermore, you can land it after your lift stuns (even if the opponent stagger escapes) such as 6K and 6P+K, as long as your opponent doesn't attempt a mid punch hold.

But honestly, when he asked for CB set-ups, this should have been the first move someone brought-up, since it's the only move Hayabusa has that will guarantee a critical burst from it. Of course, it's situational. Hills, walls and sheer distance can mess it up. That said, it's still an excellent tool. From there, people should have started sharing set-ups that can't be stagger escaped, and ideally use some nice mix-ups. For example, my BnB CB set-up is:
CH :6::P: :6::K: :214::P: :P+K::4_: :P+K: :P: :P: :4862::F:

Can't be stagger escaped, can't be crushed, CB can't be held, max damage juggle, works on all weight classes, etc.

Last edited:

Nameless Sama

I am working for Ryu combo video Solo and Tag from beginner to pro. Maybe you want to give me some advices ?
Not the first lesson with Izuna Drop that is just bassic xD. Some combos which you wanted to see in the video ? Should I make some tutorial for some moves ?

BTW: I finally reach my Izuna Drop goal. I can feel it. its a ... positve sign :hayabusa:

phoenix1985gr

ps3... im not using hayabusa just fought someone recently that used this over izuna to punish my holds and i hated it wanted to know if i could stop the stun game with fast enough se or a bt parry good to know i just have to take the 50/50 that comes after (god i hate vortexes)

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
phoenix1985gr said:
ps3... im not using hayabusa just fought someone recently that used this over izuna to punish my holds and i hated it wanted to know if i could stop the stun game with fast enough se or a bt parry good to know i just have to take the 50/50 that comes after (god i hate vortexes)
If they're punishing a whiffed hold, they should be going for the izuna. Any other option will do comparatively less damage and won't have any (worthwhile) benefits to make up for the damage differential and increased risk.

does his throw that jumps on your head on lands behind you get guarranteed stuff on high counter?
On counter and high counter, 46T is +16 (BT), which guarantees 3p. 3p itself causes a limbo stun, guaranteeing any follow-up attack that hits. If they're going for guaranteed damage, they'll follow up 3p with 4k for the guaranteed combo. If they go this route, there is nothing you can do except take the damage. If they opt for the mix-up (after 3p, and it's follow-up), you have the ability to hold at that point.

On normal, 46T is +10 (BT), so only P, K, or 6p is guaranteed afterwards.

Against a random Hayabusa player, if 46T lands, your best bet is to turn around/block as quickly as you can. If they proceed with the options above, you can treat it as you would normally if in a stunned state against Ryu--with caution :). It's probably more prudent to analyze how you got into that situation in the first place (e.g attacking from disadvantage), as Hayabusa has a plethora of options at his disposal once you are stunned.

Last edited:

phoenix1985gr

I would honestly prefer getting an izuna on my hold than 46T... into a mixup and another chance for them to throw until i guess right...

Brute

Standard Donor
So typically if you have an option: Izuna or ____, then "Izuna" is the correct choice. The other option has to be damn good to be eligible. IN most circumstances, I don't consider 46T to be that damn good.

SilverForte

Well yeah 46T is never a better option on high counter than an izuna, maybe if there's some powerful dangerzone behind you like on scramble or somethin.

ballr4evr

I don't post on these forums much, but being a passionate Hayabusa user, I figured I could share some Ryu mirror matches I have had...here they are!

Lemme know if you guys have any questions on any moves or anything!

ballr4evr

So typically if you have an option: Izuna or ____, then "Izuna" is the correct choice. The other option has to be damn good to be eligible. IN most circumstances, I don't consider 46T to be that damn good.

As for this, I prefer to use 46T, as it allows for a more variety of options, granted the option you may choose may not lead to as much damage, but it allows for a wider range of opportunities, baits, and possible higher damage...I prefer this in situations where I am more confident in the match up whereas in situations where I struggle I like to use to Izuna for some major guaranteed damage. I know Brute, you love Izunas, more than any other Hayabusa user I know but for me 46T just provides more unique and intricate combos that I can put together which I find more enjoyable. Just thought I could share my input :)

Juan The Man

Attachments

• 10369070_486477584820080_1013757926991151953_o.jpg
    10369070_486477584820080_1013757926991151953_o.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 228

SilverForte

Has anyone experimented with meaty 4 h+k and 66k? I've tested both moves and at max range you get +6 with 66k and +1 with 4 h+k. Perhaps if you use them as a meaty option they would be good as the opponent is waking up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD