DoA5U Hayabusa

Brute

Standard Donor
you guys need to put all of busa's changes together in a list. just sayin'.
:3::P::P::P: no longer causes knockback
:6::6::6::P: now causes slippy-slide bound state
:9::K: now causes slippy-slide bound state on CH or from stun
:K::K: changed from 0 to -5 on block
:6::6::K: changed from +6 to +4 or +5 on block
:P::P::4::P::K: / :4::P::K: changed from i28 and +9 on block to i24 and -14 on block
:6::K::P: / ONGYOIN :8::P: now causes bounce on NH (into air throw)
:3::H+K: changed from i28 and +2 on block to i21 and -14 on block
:426::H+P::2::3::6::9::8::H+P::8::9::6::2::1::4::7::H+P: changed from 75 damage to 80 damage
:6::7::h::2::3::6::9::8::h::8::9::6::2::1::4::7::h: changed from 75 damage to 80 damage
:6::4::h::2::3::6::9::8::h::8::9::6::2::1::4::7::h: changed from 75 damage to 80 damage
:6::1::h::2::3::6::9::8::h::8::9::6::2::1::4::7::h: changed from 75 damage to 80 damage
:4::6::h: can now be done while stunned

New moves
:4::4::P: i16 tracking double mid P. -8 on block. sissy stun
:3::H+K:, :P::P::4::P::K: and :4::P::K: replacements (see above for notes)
:3_::H+K: i20 and -15 on block. no crush properties I can tell. screws up all your H+K moves from crouching status (apparently 6H+K/236H+K was just too convenient an input for this damn thing). causes slippy-slide bound state
:P::P::K::K::P: / :H+K::K::K::P: i17 mid punch "mix-up" that's -14 on block
:4::H+K::9::P: / :3_::4::K::9::P: 7P hop now optionally cancels recovery
:3::3::H+P: i10 crouching version of Izuna throw. 80 damage
:4::4::P+K: power launcher. crushes mids during charge frames. pretty nifty, actually

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Hmm...It seems to be a mix bag with Ryu. Some good and some bad. But overall good would you Ryu players agree?
It's a bit premature to say right now given the game wasn't released all that long ago and we still don't know the full extent of how his new/changed aspects work.

But from what I've been experiencing, Ryu's always dealt great damage once he gets in. That was never a problem for him, and yet they decided to buff that anyway. Where Ryu struggled was getting in. Putting someone in stun or a situation where they had to hold or go for a risky strike and run the chance of a CH, etc. That is where he needed to be buffed, and that's what TN decided to nerf.

So no, not really. From what I've been experiencing I definitely prefer 5 vanilla Ryu. But again, there may be things I haven't discovered yet/am not seeing and this is a premature analysis.

edit: It should also be noted that Ryu's force tech pressure is absolute cock and balls in ultimate, so he can't go that route now.

MasterHavik

Well I'm not trying to say he sucks or anything. I'm just trying to improve my understanding of the cast besides a handful of characters I use. Ryu's game from what I have seen plays around izuna and trying to apply that pressure it's good he has better ways to get in.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well I'm not trying to say he sucks or anything. I'm just trying to improve my understanding of the cast besides a handful of characters I use. Ryu's game from what I have seen plays around izuna and trying to apply that pressure it's good he has better ways to get in.
No, he has worse ways to get in. That's what I just got done saying.

Ryu is a perfect read=great reward / anything less=absolutely demolished by opponent type of character. If you perfectly read a punch for a HiC Izuna hold or manage to stun your opponent into baiting out a hold (HiC Izuna) or CB (Shoho Izuna) will will get high damage (often guaranteed). However, he has very few "blanket attacks" that safely cover an array of the opponent's options (like Ayane's BT 7K, an i11 unholdable mid K that instantly crushes highs). Furthermore, he best ways to get in typically send the opponent flying/knock them down or somesuch so he doesn't get to reach that position of stun pressure where he's truly threatening. Until he finds a way to break in there, he's mostly shenanigans and gimmicks.

UpSideDownGRUNT

xSA Hayabusa has shown me a few things when I played hi on PJS Stream Lobby too, he's a cool kid and knows his stuff.

I just need to get better at my offensive I mess up too much and get completely messed up when I play Hayabusa. Silver can tell you that much he's seen my scrubby Busa in play

Jin Masters

Something I've been using when players don't tech:

3p+k, p+k
Puts you behind the opponent with +10 frame advantage for a guaranteed 6p or IZUNA throw mixup

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD