DOA5U listed on Amazon... new info

synce

Japanese collector's edition includes:

- Idol costume set (first edition bonus)
- 14 ultimate sexy bikinis
- Kasumi 3D mouse pad and playing cards
- DOA5 OST Volume 3

No word on if US will get a CE but the biggest news is there will be 14 bikinis... so far we've only seen 13 girls including Momiji. Unless someone is suddenly getting 2 we've got another girl yet to be revealed

UPDATE:
Ultimate bikini preview (NSFW) - CLICK HERE
Idol costume preview - CLICK HERE

Adamleelight

You know what bothers me about that? costumes are still gonna be DLC. It would be nice just to have a complete set of costumes (I expect new ones to be in the game auto) Buuuut for the DLC ones, we better be able to see them without buying.

And yeah that 14 is either someone getting special treatment or a new female.

Now to start speculating who it is, I hope its a original character. I have this feeling its gonna be Rachel though

synce

You know what bothers me about that? costumes are still gonna be DLC. It would be nice just to have a complete set of costumes (I expect new ones to be in the game auto) Buuuut for the DLC ones, we better be able to see them without buying.

And yeah that 14 is either someone getting special treatment or a new female.

Now to start speculating who it is, I hope its a original character. I have this feeling its gonna be Rachel though

My money's on Rachel too... Maybe saving her for E3? Anyway we're up to 29 characters after this mystery girl. I wanna say they're going to make it an even 30 though ;)

Rapham0n

So what exactly is happening with Dead Or Alive 5 "Ultimate"? Will those of us that have purchased the vanilla Dead Or Alive 5 be able to upgrade to "Ultimate" or is "Ultimate" a completely separate game that we all will have to buy? If it's the latter then Team Ninja/Tecmo is going on my hate list along with EA, Capcom, Blizzard/Activision, Bethesda and Square-Enix.

This thing that game developers are doing with releasing a second (in some cases even a third) version of the same game is really starting to piss me off. All it does is show us that loyal gamers who support the companies by pre-ordering their games or even buying on day 1 or even buying the original version of the games just end up getting screwed over. No wonder people believe the gaming industry is heading for another collapse. :mad:

Also if it does turn out that vanilla DOA5 can't be upgraded to "Ultimate" then that is just going to split the community in half and that is going to cause a whole different set of problems. Only the most die-hard DOA fans will purchase "Ultimate" if the only way to get it is by buying the same game twice. In that case just imagine how small the DOA5 Ultimate community will be in the end. For their sake I really hope Team Ninja/Tecmo know what they are doing with this move.

Even if we have to pay in order to upgrade DOA5 to Ultimate via DLC I'm ok with that as long as the price is reasonable. What I am not ok with is having to buy the same game twice just to get a little more content. Bullcrap like that needs to die right now. Going into the next generation of consoles (PS4 and the stupidly named Xbox "One") I hope we will no longer see crap like this ever again. All this does is teach us that you should NOT buy games when they come out or you just end up losing out. I broke away from Tekken because the Hold/Counter system in DOA grabbed my attention, but if this is the way Team Ninja/Tecmo rolls then I think I may just end up going back to Tekken Tag Tournament 2 instead.

synce

This has been happening since the 90s with many publishers, and I wouldn't get too upset since the game is just $40... For that price you're probably getting 6+ new characters and stages and some new costumes

Can you really imagine a $20 append version though? This is the same company that charged people $20 to dress everyone up in a Santa costume, and $15 for a set of DOAX2 bikinis.

The big question is will it include all previous DLC. DOA5+ didn't, which I imagine had a bad impact on sales. I think today's gamers are savvy enough to examine the DLC situation before buying games, and seeing $100+ worth of day-1 DLC may turn many off.

And yeah, even more DLC planned for the "ultimate" edition :rolleyes:

Dacthunder

Pick your poison... The 14th girl is A. Vanessa, or Aoi,or Eileen from Virtua Fighter
B. Rachael or Irene from Ninja Gaiden
C. Someone completely new (hope not hopefully Male)
D. The new Kasumi Alpha shown in DOA 5 story mode with a sword
E. Female Tengu
F. They gave Alpha 152 a bikini

Hmmm, which one could it be, guess we'll see in the upcoming months.

Dacthunder

My money's on Rachel too... Maybe saving her for E3? Anyway we're up to 29 characters after this mystery girl. I wanna say they're going to make it an even 30 though ;)
I wanna say, they may be pulling it to 32 Characters

Edit, here's my speculation that it could be 32.

If Ryo is in, that's 30, and then you have Tengu who has a high chance of being in brings it to 31, and then 1 more mystery character could bring it to 32. Considering if the roster stayed with the same design, you can get 33 slots (3 rows of 11), but 1 slot will be random select. My guess is 32 characters.

Dave

THE SUSPENSE! I don't really think it'll be another Virtua Fighter guest, but if I had to choose I'd say Eileen. She's got a real unique play style and I could see a lot of Dead or Alive players taking a liking to it. Could also be this Rachel from Ninja Gaiden. Or they could throw in a brand new fighter. I'm okay with either scenario. I'm honestly more than happy with what I've seen of this re-package and it's only May. It looks like they really took advice from fans. It's nice to know they care.

P.S. US better get a CE! Don't play Team Ninja! I supported it the first time, I'll do it again.

Doa_Eater

1369367486022.jpg

synce

For anyone confused it's asking people to vote on which idol pack should be included as the Japanese first edition bonus. (US will probably split based on pre-order location)

What's interesting is there's no mystery girl there... Maybe it's another VF cameo after all

SchwarzPhy

They could be giving momiji two dlc swimsuits and make another one unlockable to balance her with the rest of the female cast.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
These costumes are awesome! Definitely voting for Team A!.. as soon as a learn how to read Japanese...
They could be giving momiji two dlc swimsuits and make another one unlockable to balance her with the rest of the female cast.
that wouldn't make much sense.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Team O looks most appealing to me. I don't play as any of the females though, so I don't really care.

If Ryo is in, that's 30, and then you have Tengu who has a high chance of being in brings it to 31, and then 1 more mystery character could bring it to 32. Considering if the roster stayed with the same design, you can get 33 slots (3 rows of 11), but 1 slot will be random select. My guess is 32 characters.

That's a very plausible outcome, though I personally doubt that Ryo will be in. I'd say that your theory looks more likely if you replace him with Rachel, or a new character, or another VF guest.

For anyone confused it's asking people to vote on which idol pack should be included as the Japanese first edition bonus. (US will probably split based on pre-order location)

What's interesting is there's no mystery girl there... Maybe it's another VF cameo after all

The mystery girl isn't there because she hasn't been revealed yet. That doesn't mean it's a VF chick. It could either be that, or Rachel, or an original new female.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD