DOA5U listed on Amazon... new info

Kodachi

Standard Donor
The mystery girl isn't there because she hasn't been revealed yet. That doesn't mean it's a VF chick. It could either be that, or Rachel, or an original new female.
Well none of the Virtua fighters are in the teams so there is a high chance of her being a VF character. :/ Still rooting for Rachel though.
Neither did Team Ninja releasing a recolored version of the same swimsuit twice for Tina, Lisa, and Christie but they did it anyway
yeah but not all in the same pack, I'm assuming it will be one costume each and the rest will be unlockable (hopefully)
Why not? SSF4 DLC characters got extra pack costume just to balance the numbers.
cause that would mean no new character.

TRI Mike

Welp. If there's gonna be a CE fro NA, I hope they don't do the retarded Gamestop exclusivity again. It appearing on Amazon.co.jp is a relief.

SchwarzPhy

yeah but not all in the same pack, I'm assuming it will be one costume each and the rest will be unlockable (hopefully)

That could be a possibility, her and the possible new character could get swimsuits for doing arcade and time attack tag mode on the highest difficulty. Which could also mean the return of tag survival.

Dacthunder

Why not? SSF4 DLC characters got extra pack costume just to balance the numbers.
The only problem with that is that it said "14" females, and this is not Super Street Fighter 4.
Team O looks most appealing to me. I don't play as any of the females though, so I don't really care.

That's a very plausible outcome, though I personally doubt that Ryo will be in. I'd say that your theory looks more likely if you replace him with Rachel, or a new character, or another VF guest.

The mystery girl isn't there because she hasn't been revealed yet. That doesn't mean it's a VF chick. It could either be that, or Rachel, or an original new female.
Just so you know I'm not going by who I want in, just going by some most possible facts. Ryo actually has more of a chance than Rachel, he was at least hinted a while back ago by Hayashi himself. Vanessa is highly possible because she is also highly requested and very popular and she could be a counter to Mila or even Leon. Rachel of course is very possible, but she would be difficult to make interesting compared to Momiji, she doesn't really share a martial art style, however, they could make her one...it just feel like the focus is just one new Ninja Gaiden character just Momiji at the time. Plus for me, Rachel would feel more awkward without her weapon.

Doa_Eater

Guys dont think that you'll get bikinis for free, they are charging even recolors for already in game unlockable ones... TWICE.

Besides Momiji is a great character and design, she should get extra bikinis. With VF characters i'm ok but if indeed there are only 2 last spots should go to Leon and Tengu as deserved. That Rachel sucks in her own game, Tina and Christie are each 100 times better than her.

Dacthunder

1369367486022.jpg
This to me hints at a Virtua Fighter Guest, unless Teamninja is pulling a ninja move. Look closely there's not a single Virtua Fighter female, hint, hint. I think I'm liking "team A" though.

synce

I think if the 14th girl was from DOA she would've been in the poll, they don't necessarily have to show a face... Either way I don't care, I'd be happy with Rachel, Aoi, or Eileen just about equally.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The only problem with that is that it said "14" females, and this is not Super Street Fighter 4.

Just so you know I'm not going by who I want in, just going by some most possible facts. Ryo actually has more of a chance than Rachel, he was at least hinted a while back ago by Hayashi himself. Vanessa is highly possible because she is also highly requested and very popular and she could be a counter to Mila or even Leon. Rachel of course is very possible, but she would be difficult to make interesting compared to Momiji, she doesn't really share a martial art style, however, they could make her one...it just feel like the focus is just one new Ninja Gaiden character just Momiji at the time. Plus for me, Rachel would feel more awkward without her weapon.

I know you're not going by who you want. Neither was I. I'm not interested in seeing Rachel make the cut.

And if I recall correctly, Hayashi never hinted at Ryo, but merely said that he liked the idea of Ryo being in the game.

Ghosty-J

I know you're not going by who you want. Neither was I. I'm not interested in seeing Rachel make the cut.

And if I recall correctly, Hayashi never hinted at Ryo, but merely said that he liked the idea of Ryo being in the game.
He did express interest in wanting Ryo, but after saying that, he dropped a "for now, it's a secret!" at the end as a hint. Perhaps it's an attempt at trolling or he really does have something in store while they still have access to SEGA's characters.

Dacthunder

synce

Sukumizu Ayane...

ectoplasm.jpg

(it was a ghost)

My money's on Aoi or Eileen .. (please let it be Eileen ^^)

Eileen would be awesome but wouldn't Aoi make more sense? She's childhood friends with Akira and already has a fuckton of counters...

Edit: Just looked up Eileen's wiki and remembered she has a thing with Pai... And her outfits are a lot more revealing than Aoi's... Oh this could go either way :confused:

doa5u-roster_zpsb0f1b694.jpg

werewolfgold

I think that more VF characters is pushing it. I think some hardcore people would like it, but the general public? I dunno. Right now, it feels okay. We have two complete Tag Teams. Throw in a 5th? I dunno. But, a Momiji x (other NG character) team... Momiji could perhaps use a default partner in someone, and I doubt it'll be Ein or Leon.

Come to think of it, Helena and Lisa don't really have ANYTHING special together, do they? They should fix that...

I'm actually kind of curious if they'll revamp overhaul the select screen any or just tack on the extra characters to the bottom row. 'Cause if we do get more than just the one more, they're gonna run into the buttons (though they could be moved). They have some sort of system going on. I wonder if they can make it work.

The idol outfits kind of make me laugh because of how campy it is. The designs are kind of cool, actually.

KwonJigglypuff

Lisa should go back to Tina.
Rig to Christie.
Bayman to Helena.
Bass to Mila.

About the designs, I wouldn't be surprised if Team A won the poll.
Team C consists of all the not-so-popular character. But that is not as much as Team A which represents at least 50% of the fans.
Team B has also many popular lolis with Koko, Lei and Tomi...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD