DOA5U New Combo & Swimsuit Trailer

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Does one swim in grappling gloves?

Who said it isn't possible? Does one also swim in bunny ears?

Besides don't you remember how much people asked for male swimsuits? Yes this pack is called "fighters pack", but anyone should know what they are suppose to be. I mean yeah ya got MMA shorts for Bayman and Rig, but look at what Brad,Eliot,Zack, and so on are wearing? Now do ya get it?

UpSideDownGRUNT

I agree completely at seeing more Ein, Leon, and Jacky completely but there is no excuse for no more Momiji and Rachel gameplay. Why can't all 5 be more exposed? Why just the dudes?

Because apart from the reveals TN has shown nothing of them where as every trailer since the E3 one has shown off Momiji and Rachel even the short gameplay thingies show off Rachel and Momiji but do not show off Ein, Leon or Jacky at all the only thing you see of Ein is as a training dummy.

That's why I say Rachel and Momiji are over exposed, because they are they've been in everything since their reveals where Ein, Leon and Jacky have only their reveals. I'm actually kinda sick of always seeing them they've shown off too much of Momiji and Rachel but almost nothing of the other 3.

This is what I'm trying to say they keep showing the same characters over and over and the people who want to see more of the other characters are losing hype, it's almost as if they know they're just copy & Paste jobs and don't want to show too much in case it loses sales.

Rawbietussin

How about.... Normal costume packs e.g. Classic Pack (a pack where you can get previous costumes from previous games), Casual Wear Pack, you know, something that we wont yell at TN for? If we don't rage and say we want these costumes back, we all should decide what costumes we want on here, and then make a possible DLC pack name, it might just come out.

Not that anything I'm saying will actually happen. :(

A new set of First Time Pack for DOA5U should do since it was the only DLC pack in DOA5 that had original outfits (apart from Mila getting Tina's DOA1 spandex) and free.

UpSideDownGRUNT

As long as Hayabusa gets atleast some kind of variant of his DoA2 costume and Ein gets the orange jacket from Dimensions I'm happy costumes wise

Rawbietussin

Who said it isn't possible? Does one also swim in bunny ears?

Besides don't you remember how much people asked for male swimsuits? Yes this pack is called "fighters pack", but anyone should know what they are suppose to be. I mean yeah ya got MMA shorts for Bayman and Rig, but look at what Brad,Eliot,Zack, and so on are wearing? Now do ya get it?

Point taken, still, they should not be categorized as one with what the girls receive. Considering that they only have one pack for all of them as oppose to the girls who has 5-6.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Because apart from the reveals TN has shown nothing of them where as every trailer since the E3 one has shown off Momiji and Rachel even the short gameplay thingies show off Rachel and Momiji but do not show off Ein, Leon or Jacky at all the only thing you see of Ein is as a training dummy.

That's why I say Rachel and Momiji are over exposed, because they are they've been in everything since their reveals where Ein, Leon and Jacky have only their reveals. I'm actually kinda sick of always seeing them they've shown off too much of Momiji and Rachel but almost nothing of the other 3.

This is what I'm trying to say they keep showing the same characters over and over and the people who want to see more of the other characters are losing hype, it's almost as if they know they're just copy & Paste jobs and don't want to show too much in case it loses sales.

Excuse me, but the only videos they were shown it that the dudes weren't were the tag trailer and the combo video. Everything else were videos of people playing the game, but blame them that they wanted to play someone new to DOA, not TN or Tecmo.

Yes Momiji was shown at the E3 trailer, but last I checked so was Ein and Jacky and all three of them were revealed in trailers before E3. And if I remember correctly Ein was shown in a E3 video going against Kokoro and Jacky was shown going against Momiji, and Leon was shown going against Rachel. And they also had a few gameplay trailers for themselves as well. I remember there was a video of Leon going against Mila.

And it wouldn't be fair if we got to see more the newly added guys and not the newly added girls. They are just as many people who want to see more of what else Momiji and Rachel have in store as they are fans who want to see more of what Ein,Leon,and Jacky have in store.

I'm really hoping that the next video they'll give more attention to Ein,Leon, and Jacky because I know people (like me) would love to see what they could do. But as a guy who wants to see who is possible mains will play like, I'd love more Momiji and Rachel exposure to.

ninjaguy446

If that point exists, I dont think DoA is anywhere near it yet. At least, not for me.
I play DoA primarily for the spectacle aspect. I like the hot girls, combos and counters. I dont think I'll ever get bored of looking at hot girls in general, so I dont think I'll get bored of looking at them in DoA either. I suppose for TN, there is no point where they will get sick of collecting bikini cash either.
Im all for balance changes too. Anything that improves the combat and mechanics is always welcome in my book.

But what you don't realize is that even though they could keep making more bikinis, they're neglecting classic costumes that might have been iconic for each character. In DOA5U, instead of Helena getting her Opera dress (which was HIGHLY requested by Helena players), we got a slutty swim- I'm sorry, I don't know what to even call that abomination. It's certainly not clothes. But, I also see your point that many people, such as yourself, will never grow tired of bikinis, which is why Team Ninja will continue to make braindead bikinis. Personally, I do not want anymore bikinis, because this is a DOA5U, not DOAX3. I think if they stopped making bikinis now, then we'd have more than enough to go around. To each his own though.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I really wonder what will Leon, Ein and Jacky's will look like and if they will also get Santa outfits too.

Likewise with Momiji and Rachel with what the other girls had. (Cheerleaders, Bunnies, Reversed Bunnies, Santa dresses)

Don't forget if Momiji got a school uniform/gym outfit and if Rachel with a cat outfit

I do wonder if they all got those costumes, would be cool if it wasn't on disc that it was included all in a dlc pack. It could be called the "Costumes for characters who missed out when they released pack" or something lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

E Everything else were videos of people playing the game, but blame them that they wanted to play someone new to DOA, not TN or Tecmo.

When I said short gameplay vids I mean the ones that TN uploaded to show off the new modes and stuff I don't count the gamespot videos as official as apart from the showcase thing with Shimbori all the others just look like GS members playing the game and besides I watched that video and it doesn't really show anything just that the person couldn't play as Ein and lost to what looks like a fairly low level CPU.

and yes they were in the E3 and extended E3 trailers but it didn't show anything new and the extended E3 just showed footage from their reveals. And you say it wouldn't be fair to show the guys but not the girls yet that's exactly what's happening now they're showing Momiji and Rachel who have shown quite a few new moves as well as recycled moves but not much of anything for Ein and Leon who have only shown what they had in DoA4 which is starting to seem like they're just copy & pastes from DoA4 but with new models (however thankfully this is liable to change with patches) if I sound like I'm whining then I'm sorry but I'm just scared that my character will be a bad port from a bad game with nothing new where other characters new and old have atleast 2 - 3 new moves.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
dude why are people so butt hurt about some bikinis?

If people are so shallow they dont like DOA or wont try it just cuz of bathing suits do you really want them in the community in the first place?

Also for those in the USA you should realize we live in a country that state by state gay marriage gains more ground (even over turning votes to do so), kids make out on nickelodeon, and in every grocery store you can find a cosmo, a magazine for women, with a sexy scantily clad girl on the cover and "20 new sex tips to rock his world!", heck you can hardly even walk to the food court in a mall without passing the giant posters of half naked chicks in Victoria secret.

Sexual morality is dead, so get over it, and grow up.

Wouldn't surprise me if most people could, dont think he really even plays anymore.

also just to make sure no one gets confused. I dont consider this forum "General community" General is the people who don't really play and understand the game.

I'm actually a little surprised to know, I just thought it was awkward how people tend to mention him like he's all that good. I saw him play DOA4 a few years back on MLG and was unimpressed big time.

I don't mean to come off as arrogant, but you'd imagine that a player like him would be more u to scratch in terms of skill.

That aside, I appreciate bikini costumes as much as the next guy but now it's just getting excessive.

Awesmic

Standard Donor

If people are so shallow they dont like DOA or wont try it just cuz of bathing suits do you really want them in the community in the first place?

Also for those in the USA you should realize we live in a country that state by state gay marriage gains more ground (even over turning votes to do so), kids make out on nickelodeon, and in every grocery store you can find a cosmo, a magazine for women, with a sexy scantily clad girl on the cover and "20 new sex tips to rock his world!", heck you can hardly even walk to the food court in a mall without passing the giant posters of half naked chicks in Victoria secret.

Inb4 hostile remarks.

And sexual morality is on life support. The media only makes it seem like it's dead.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
But what you don't realize is that even though they could keep making more bikinis, they're neglecting classic costumes that might have been iconic for each character. In DOA5U, instead of Helena getting her Opera dress (which was HIGHLY requested by Helena players), we got a slutty swim- I'm sorry, I don't know what to even call that abomination. It's certainly not clothes. But, I also see your point that many people, such as yourself, will never grow tired of bikinis, which is why Team Ninja will continue to make braindead bikinis. Personally, I do not want anymore bikinis, because this is a DOA5U, not DOAX3. I think if they stopped making bikinis now, then we'd have more than enough to go around. To each his own though.

Amen.

Valhalla

Standard Donor
Oof, I wonder what the current Team NINJA would have done without DOAX2.. taking the bikinis and making them DLC (bunny swimsuits as pre order), taking the objects from the Zack of all Trades shop and putting them into survival. Who would have ever guessed DOAX2 would be so important for DOA5/U. :rolleyes: oh TN.

No one here is "butt hurt" about the bikinis, people are just irritated by the ladies' preferential treatment compared to all the guys and the lack of anything new shown for both Leon and Ein. People simply wish for this game to be seen as less of a joke within the FGC and bikinis outfits aren't helping the matter at all.

Brute

Standard Donor

Failing to see the connection between those.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with sexual morality, it has to do with gameplay, stages and male characters taking a back seat to TN's fascination with tits. That's it.

Blazeincarnated

who-is-awesome.jpg

You need a medal sir.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD