DOA5U Villains pack including Tengu & Raidou

Would you buy them?

• Yes

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters

KwonJigglypuff

I really only care about Tengu's moveset.
I'm 100% sure I will never pay for the rest (Raidou included). Donovan should be given their "movesets" instead.

Number 13

Only boss character I was remotely interested in playing was Genra and even then it would have to be separate purchase from Tengu/Raidou. I might buy a bundle of them, but that would mean a reasonable price and me wanting to help out TN.

Grimace

I'd buy Raidou in a heartbeat >:3

I'd get the bundle, but I don't really care for Genra unless he gets a huge overhaul like the others have suggested.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I fully endorse this idea.

View attachment 4880

If those three were announced. I would just burst into flames.

I think they could make Genra work in DOA5, but they would be required to take away his projectiles, and weapons. However they could fit in fine as long as they are only use during holds, throws, OH and Power Blow.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Eh, I probably would just buy Raidou, but the completionist in me would buy them all. Not that I would use Tengu or Genra. They don't belong in this game.

I want greater fiends too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 178

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Regarding Genra, if you played him as a projectile spammer in dimensions you deserved to lose, two of his projectiles are complete crap, the lightning is his only good one and is mainly used as a spacing tool because genras up close game is really bad. Even so, it's just too unsafe and slow to be used closer than half screen distance, small stages are really bad for genra cause of this.

If genra was to return, his close range game really needs to be changed, projectiles or no, once you get in on genra, he has an extremely hard time getting out of it, his only options are a slow high crush, 13f mid, or throw punishes, but if the other dude is delaying and mixing up, it's a nightmare. Just to show how slow he is, genra is 15/13/17

I'd say his jab would need to be changed to 12f at the very least, 15f is just ridiculous for a jab, even Tengu and Bass have a 12f high. And his guard breaks need to be changed to give him some real advantage, 66p gives him +1 which is nothing for genra, his only decent frame advantage move is 8k which is +2, which is a high, even then most chars can just jab him out of whatever.

Genra is a char that just needs an overhaul to almost his whole movelist, he can keep his throw loops, but he really needs his strikes to not be so overwhelmingly slow, especially if he won't have his force lightning.

he just doesn't fit.. never did, never will.
why add a character that is useless from the start..
I understand the fan service in dimensions but this game is far more competitive..and the balance is actually great. so thanks but no thanks.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Oh, because that matters in a fighting game.
It doesn't matter, but that's why Raidou didn't return in DOA2. And let's not forget that Tengu didn't canonically appear in DOA4, but was a bonus character for the sake of having some type of playable boss. And Genra wasn't even playable in the main series at all. And you can bet your ass that Alpha-152 won't be in DOA6. So in a way, it MATTERS.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD