DOA6 Design Contest 2019

Brute

Standard Donor
Did anyone submit their design via e-mail?

I'm not sure if I should expect a confirmation e-mail or radio silence.

Jadeinchains

Yeah I submitted mine via email, ( as well as twitter for the winter lisa one ) from my own experience though and from what I've heard from other people you don't get any kind of confirmation though of them getting/seeing it etc.

Brute

Standard Donor
For the record, I've kinda been avoiding looking at other people's submissions until now because I didn't want to:
A) have someone else's design influence any I made.
or B) become disheartened by seeing really good artists whip-up gorgeous sketch-work that my mouse-drawing skills can't compete with.

But, I've been combing through it now, and there have been a lot of cool designs. I'm kind of afraid that TN won't make a costume for every character this time around, but hopefully they do, so as many of these designs can get their due as possible. Not being bound to a Halloween theme really opened up some options that were previously a little iffy, so it's been fun this time.

Nice work, guys and girls.

Boogie

i usually submit mines email along side twitter just incase it gets lost in the hash tag.

confirmation emails depend on the community manager. when Tani was the community manager he'd send confirmation emails (first and second contest) but then they stopped and then the last one i got a confirmation email weeks later. so...i wouldnt look for one but if you get one then yay!

Jadeinchains

Is it too late to submit?

It might be, :( I've been seeing other people submitting designs still though so maybe if you do it just now they might still just count it since it's so soon after the contest ending? It might be worth a shot but I don't know. Hope it still counts though for you!

And good luck in general everybody now that the contest is over, It was really nice to see so many great designs from everybody this year. :) Only 13 days still the DOAFEST and we see some/all of the designs that won.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Wow, so many entries at the end. That Mai sheet had a ton on one page!
Some good ones!

It was just me throwing in the concept designs from KOF XIV that didn't make the cut. Since costumes for her are disqualified for winning, it was moreso to make sure Team NINJA looked at them and would hopefully find some they liked that SNK might approve of.

Wasn't that Mai sheet official KOF concept art? I don't understand why that was submitted as it is clearly against the rules of the competition to submit any designs that aren't someone's own.

I mean, any submission of Mai, Kula, or Rachel would be considered disqualified from the competition (i.e., Getting a prize), regardless of who drew the design. :-/

The problem with other licensed characters isn't that they don't have ideas or costumes designed for them, it's that they need the respective property holder to approve of each design. So, it's my way of telling them, "Look at what the property holder has already come up with." I'm 100% positive they know that those two submissions are concept art not owned by me.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Just saw your submissions @Kodachi ! :eek: Omg they are amazing, Since Rachel will be added by the time they make this doa contest costume pack I really hope that she gets that design you just submitted! :)
also PS Just looked at the #DOAcostumes and lol that one person is really spamming the # with like 300 of their old submissions all in a row..
edit: Also Kodachi since they don't seem to have called an end to the contest yet and others are posting their designs I imagine that it will still count. :)

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
This Raidou design holy shit I want it!!!!
4E568176-2649-4C60-B756-C8A2B778EE1B.jpeg

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Just saw your submissions @Kodachi ! :eek: Omg they are amazing, Since Rachel will be added by the time they make this doa contest costume pack I really hope that she gets that design you just submitted! :)
also PS Just looked at the #DOAcostumes and lol that one person is really spamming the # with like 300 of their old submissions all in a row..
edit: Also Kodachi since they don't seem to have called an end to the contest yet and others are posting their designs I imagine that it will still count. :)
Thank you so much Jade!! I really hope those leaks are true this is my Dream Rachel costume I’ve been trying to convey this silhouette and idea for Rachel since the first contest I feel like IM on the right track just wish I had one more day
FA0213AF-33ED-4FF8-A656-40B246E1AA72.jpeg
C7E97C27-495E-4037-A871-EEE16AD8C821.jpeg

Brute

Standard Donor
Nice ones. Any guesses on when results happen? :)
They'll be shown at the DOAFES on the 23rd which is two saturdays away. It's gonna be a bit of a wait but I think it'll be worth it xD
The "winners" should be shown, then, but that's only the handful that they give out prizes for. If they make an entire pack of costumes, there's no word on when all of the chosen designs will be revealed or released.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD