DOA6 Graphics Thread

Dr PaC

the vignette makes me unsure of how the stage really looks but I like how it is in comparison to how orange toned it is at daytime.
the lighting is odd though.. is there some kind of spotlight between them? why are their shadows pointing in two separate directions?
I hope Hayate wins that spar. I like the atmosphere of that stage at night, tho. I wonder if you can play during different times of the day on that level...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Hello Lei. Please stop posting bare tweets here unless you are discussing the relationship between the tweet and the graphics. There is a thread for social media updates.

Speaking on the clip of the bow... I am hoping for weather changes on levels. At least a few. Big fan of things like that and they rarely seem looked into today.

Last edited:

Chapstick

I feel like these tweets get posted 3 times each in this thread

edit-Omg whoops thought this was the social media thread for a sec

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think it does look beautiful and very atmospheric. :) Love that mist hanging in the air. Though I wonder if that stage is really playable like this. Could just be a cutscene. The lighting seems to be staged, literally. It's as if a stage light is shining on Hayate and Hayabusa. Their shadows point in different directions.

I really want more imaginative and atmospheric stages like this. I hope there are more stages to be revealed, and those have to slay, otherwise the stage selection is imo worse than DOA5 even, which was so far the low point in regards to stages.

Leifang

Hello Lei. Please stop posting bare tweets here unless you are discussing the relationship between the tweet and the graphics. There is a thread for social media updates.

Speaking on the clip of the bow... I am hoping for weather changes on levels. At least a few. Big fan of things like that and they rarely seem looked into today.
Okay, gotcha.

Macca Beam

eh misty spooky forest looks like something ripped out of fatal frame or MK. the light source is pointing directly down the center, so if you move away from it it's only gonna get worse

since people playing this game through a computer screen ARE closer to helena's human servant than a superpowered ninja, i'd wager the stage is a pain to play for everyone unless you turn the brightness way up

P.S.
did anybody ever manage to talk to them about the sweat gloss? i saw this abomination on my YT feed and almost jumped out of my chair
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
P.S.
did anybody ever manage to talk to them about the sweat gloss? i saw this abomination on my YT feed and almost jumped out of my chair
hqdefault.jpg

They seem to be aware. In an interview some months ago Shimbori stated they are still working on the sweat. But it's a long time ago and what we see now is likely what we get in the finished game. The game is pretty much finished at this point. That shiny, wet plastic look is maybe what they are going for in this game. Funnily enough DOAs always seemed to alternate between a more shiny and a more matt skin look. DOA2 matt, DOA3 shiny, DOA2U matt, DOA4 shiny, DOA5 matt, DOA6 shiny. I just realized that now, lol.

Last edited:

Cadaveri

eh misty spooky forest looks like something ripped out of fatal frame or MK. the light source is pointing directly down the center, so if you move away from it it's only gonna get worse

since people playing this game through a computer screen ARE closer to helena's human servant than a superpowered ninja, i'd wager the stage is a pain to play for everyone unless you turn the brightness way up

P.S.
hqdefault.jpg

really not digging the shiny glossiness, almost looks like some sort of rubber lol. Feelsbadman

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Nyotengu looks beautiful as ever. Her hairdo, the kimono and wings did get a polygon boost, which is great.
Here I am actually glad they reused her DOA5 costume. It's just so beautiful, vibrant and intricate.

Phase 4 though... :/ She got hardly any update. Her hands are the new ones, but look at her ragged sleeves, they use the same low res bitmaps as in DOA5. Back then it was already ugly and oudated.

phase4.jpg

The physics of her cloak did improve however, it actually looked really natural in stark contrast to other cloth in the game.

Dr PaC

Nyotengu looks beautiful as ever. Her hairdo, the kimono and wings did get a polygon boost, which is great.
Here I am actually glad they reused her DOA5 costume. It's just so beautiful, vibrant and intricate.

Phase 4 though... :/ She got hardly any update. Her hands are the new ones, but look at her ragged sleeves, they use the same low res bitmaps as in DOA5. Back then it was already ugly and oudated.

View attachment 27109

The physics of her cloak did improve however, it actually looked really natural in stark contrast to other cloth in the game.
I walked in the door. Turned my laptop on. Got on FSD. Saw this post. DIED

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD