DOA6 Graphics Thread

Haipa Sonikku

>invest majority of time/resources into making new engine
>engine sucks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So much for all versions being the same.

In what world does that make any kind of sense!?
This nearly three generation trend of every game on every console got most of you f#$%@! up.

They're different platforms. Of course the results are gonna obviously be different. Why should one platform be held back because of the lack of another? You made a purchase decision. This is what accountability is.

Brute

Standard Donor
In what world does that make any kind of sense!?
This nearly three generation trend of every game on every console got most of you f#$%@! up.

They're different platforms. Of course the results are gonna obviously be different. Why should one platform be held back because of the lack of another? You made a purchase decision. This is what accountability is.
I'm honesty not sure if you're sarcastically joking or not.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Made another direct comparison:

9by5rz2i2n4d842zg.jpg

Dat texture, shader and lighting upgrade.
We can't possibly expect to run this graphics masterpiece in more than 1080p on PS4 Pro or stable 60fps on Xbox One X, lol.

Brute

Standard Donor
What in th..."So much for all versions being the same."
You actually couldn't understand the response? What in my response do you need help in understanding?
I didn't say that I didn't understand what you wrote. I implied that I wasn't sure if what you wrote was a sarcastic joke or not, since what you wrote doesn't make sense, logically (posts like Tyaren's above).

For example, you say "of course there will be changes on different platforms," but Shimbori said in an interview some time ago that he was dedicated to offering the same experience and content across all platforms. I didn't believe him (who does?), but my comment was merely referencing how yet another one of his promises fell flat. I wasn't expressing a genuine disbelief that different platforms have different content and features. Just poking fun at Shimbori's inconsistent press statements, which have become something of a gag.

You then said "Why should one platform be held back because of the lack of another?" which I'm assuming was meant to read: "Why should one platform be held back because of the limitations of another platform?" Which would make sense, except that the PC is the most powerful platform and yet doesn't feature HDR for... reasons. So hardware limitations alone was not the sole factor in assigning all the different features to all the different versions.

"You made a purchase decision. This is what accountability is." Well, no, actually. I haven't purchased any of them, yet. I was going to wait and see which platform offered the best version. Turns out they all arbitrarily suck for different reasons. Shocker.

Baji Breakdancer

I didn't say that I didn't understand what you wrote. I implied that I wasn't sure if what you wrote was a sarcastic joke or not, since what you wrote doesn't make sense, logically (posts like Tyaren's above).

For example, you say "of course there will be changes on different platforms," but Shimbori said in an interview some time ago that he was dedicated to offering the same experience and content across all platforms. I didn't believe him (who does?), but my comment was merely referencing how yet another one of his promises fell flat. I wasn't expressing a genuine disbelief that different platforms have different content and features. Just poking fun at Shimbori's inconsistent press statements, which have become something of a gag.

You then said "Why should one platform be held back because of the lack of another?" which I'm assuming was meant to read: "Why should one platform be held back because of the limitations of another platform?" Which would make sense, except that the PC is the most powerful platform and yet doesn't feature HDR for... reasons. So hardware limitations alone was not the sole factor in assigning all the different features to all the different versions.

"You made a purchase decision. This is what accountability is." Well, no, actually. I haven't purchased any of them, yet. I was going to wait and see which platform offered the best version. Turns out they all arbitrarily suck for different reasons. Shocker.
In the Shimbori interview you're referencing, he specifically said the only differences between platforms would be graphics/performance. How is that a false promise?

Brute

Standard Donor
In the Shimbori interview you're referencing, he specifically said the only differences between platforms would be graphics/performance. How is that a false promise?
I'll admit, I could have forgotten the entire quote. Do you happen to still have the link?

Though, TBF, IIRC there are still costumes such as Ryu's green ninja garb that are exclusive to certain platforms.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
hmm no 4k in ps4 pro

That was to be expected. The PS4 Pro usually isn't powerful enough for 4K, especially at 60fps. But that they can't boost the resolution to something like 1440p, when the base PS4 version already seems to run in 1080p, and the Xbox One X actually reaches full 4K, then that's laughable.
At this point I honestly suspect they are lying when they state the stages and effects are improved on PS4 Pro. Could this be any vaguer or more non-committal? I might be wrong, and I hope I am, but I totally expect them to just sell us the base PS4 version with improved loading time on PS4 Pro, but the improved loading times come automatically, Team Ninja doesn't need to optimize anything there themselves.

I just realized Hayate kinda got his old hair color back. Nice.

And he got back his old PS2 texture hair including pixelation! :D

45986058104_4b294b8e37_o.png

Oh wait, Hayate was first introduced on the original Xbox and even back then he didn't have this fugly hair textures. O:

Last edited:

Haipa Sonikku

Its all there.
"We don’t have any plans to differentiate between game systems, so it will pretty much be the differences in system performance that will show up on screen. It’s a result of the differences between CPU and GPU, etc."

From you're previous posts @Brute , you're not in the 8th generation yet. If not, its simple to understand. PC is the top version but unless every tournament is willing to run on PCs that are RTX 2080 or AMD Radeon VII, PS4 Pro is the best place to play simply due to consistency (much like Kingdom Hearts III). The Tekken community already went through this and ultimately at last year's World Finals, it was on Pro.

People need to get off this "it's just a fighting game" garbage. Versus fighting games demand 60 fps at all times unlike any other genre. Tekken 6 was the only game last 7th gen that was doing full motion blur (VF5 and DOA4 did have some) at 60 fps.

This game is high polygon at native 4K / 60 fps. It debuted at E3 2018 on PC. I don't co-sign the lack of HDR on PC however.
Look. I've been in this business a long time. The Japanese, unlike the West, don't do the "everything including the kitchen sink" approach to graphics because artists have great power and say within development studios. This mirrors in anime.

Ninoasker

Made another direct comparison:

9by5rz2i2n4d842zg.jpg

Dat texture, shader and lighting upgrade.
We can't possibly expect to run this graphics masterpiece in more than 1080p on PS4 Pro or stable 60fps on Xbox One X, lol.
why does 5 have more detail than 6

why is this happening, why did the game start amazing and has dropped so much in quality as of lately

Tyaren

Standard Donor
why does 5 have more detail than 6

why is this happening, why did the game start amazing and has dropped so much in quality as of lately

Do you guys remember when we used to drag DOA5 for its awful textures, especially on stage floors and costumes, wondering where the great texture work from DOA4 was gone? Team Ninja reading our comments and already working secretly on DOA6:

WealthyFragrantAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

werewolfgold

Dang, what's going on with the 3D fighters and the low resolution? T7, SC6, DOA6 all can only get 1080p if you use the Pro/1X. Hell, T7 and SC6 can only get 720p on the base Xbox. T7 doesn't even look that good. Is it the engines?

Xhominid The Demon Within

Dang, what's going on with the 3D fighters and the low resolution? T7, SC6, DOA6 all can only get 1080p if you use the Pro/1X. Hell, T7 and SC6 can only get 720p on the base Xbox. T7 doesn't even look that good. Is it the engines?

Because most developers, despite boasting about how much more than they can do now with the latest machine... simply can't due to numerous reasons. Hell, there was really no point to the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X because most developers barely figured out the full capacity of the PS3, let alone the PS4.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The game has different display modes. Xbox One X will be able to hold 60fps, just not on a resolution focused mode. Look to Nioh for a comparison of what they’re likely doing. Should be a 1080p locked mode there and with luck both the PS4 and Xbox One will have a high performance mode without issues.

People taking things and running with them without context.

PC HDR probably wasn’t worth the dev time since it’s a minuscule amount of the PC population trying to use it. Not a lot of options for monitors and most TVs aren’t great due to input delay as a monitor. PS4 sorta confuses me though. That really should have it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD