DOA6 interviews

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Well it does cost extra money on the dev's part for discs to be made, shipped, etc...doing something like that might have been a bit over the budget that TN was given by KT.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well it does cost extra money on the dev's part for discs to be made, shipped, etc...doing something like that might have been a bit over the budget that TN was given by KT.

WontSomebody.jpg

just_me

Standard Donor
Looking at KTs financial reports they are not one of those lol

Just like for Nioh… they probably simply predict that a physical deluxe edition is not profitable outside of JP (and Nioh actually sold copies while DOA6 won't)

I'd assume that all actual pre-order copies will have a DLC code though unless they just hand out codes via email through the listed retailers. But better be safe than sorry I guess.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Looking at KTs financial reports they are not one of those lol.

KT's market worth is bigger than 1B$, in 2017 they were reported to have overtaken Capcom worth 1.3 billion. Since then KT has been doing really well financially. The Koei Tecmo founders are reportedly among the 50 richest people in Japan.

Beside that for several decades now these bigger game companies have physical disc production and distribution chains established. Many much smaller companies as well as local retailers are dependend on those. We really, like really don't have defend "poor" KT here.

Xhominid The Demon Within

KT's market worth is bigger than 1B$, in 2017 they were reported to have overtaken Capcom worth 1.3 billion. Since then KT has been doing really well financially. The Koei Tecmo founders are reportedly among the 50 richest people in Japan.

Beside that for several decades now these bigger game companies have physical disc production and distribution chains established. Many much smaller companies as well as local retailers are dependend on those. We really, like really don't have defend "poor" KT here.

I mean, I've been saying bring the troubles to Koei Tecmo for awhile now.
They may not be Japanese EA, but the fuckers have money and cash and can give it's teams the budgets they need.

It's pretty damn obvious Dead or Alive 6 was not one of those games they gave such a budget to.

Raansu

I mean, I've been saying bring the troubles to Koei Tecmo for awhile now.
They may not be Japanese EA, but the fuckers have money and cash and can give it's teams the budgets they need.

It's pretty damn obvious Dead or Alive 6 was not one of those games they gave such a budget to.

Its still managed to look better than all the other newer fighters though lol.

That said, KT pretty much thrives on their gambling market with pachinko and horse racing arcade games.

Its still managed to look better than all the other newer fighters though lol.

That said, KT pretty much thrives on their gambling market with pachinko and horse racing arcade games.

That may be true, but I'm just pointing out that people think that Team Ninja is half-assing doesn't really realize that are just developers attached to their company. It's up to Koei Tecmo to give them the budgets, reasonable deadlines, good PR agents, etc.

If they can't give them that, whining to Shimbori about how bad he's doing is the equivalent of basically stabbing a scab in an attempt to remove it from your skin. All you are doing is removing someone who gives a damn and have the potential to have someone who doesn't give a shit meanwhile the main issue at large(the company) gets away scot free to do the same thing as before.

Jackie Chan Fan

So, indeed, the character roster was based on the story, not on popularity.

Ironically though, Nyotengu is, again, not part of the base roster. Only in Xtreme games. lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, in the Shacknews interview Shimbori claims Tag mode was taken out because there's not enough memory on the disc...

just_me

Standard Donor
The translator obviously meant to say Memory on the System, since it's about RAM (as mentioned in a bunch of other interviews). Adding Tag uses no additional disk space obviously (well maybe a few MB of move properties and animations).

RAM has always been an issue with Tag.

EDIT: Nobody even says “memory on a disk”. It's just disk space…

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Master quoted this article on Twitter, idk if anyone posted it already:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

There wasn't much new things besides addressing requests and such. Shimbori said: "Unreasonable requests do come up from time to time, but we read through every suggestion to see whether or not we would be able to implement it into the game. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to take everything into account. We have to proceed with development based on the concept and contents of the game, financial resources and man power."

He also said "There is a lot of consideration based on what fans want and what they tell us about the game, so there will be some updates that will be implemented in post launch updates, and others that might make it into the game if the title is well received in the market. Of course, there are other suggestions that will never happen, but that doesn’t mean we didn’t read or consider them."

Basically they're reading feedback but they're working based on the budget and manpower, so that probably explains some of the content limitations. They're also planning some post launch content updates so that likely means characters and more costumes/hairstyles.

Macca Beam

My image of cool is perseverance. As characters fight, even when they're losing, I can still win. That kind of feeling makes them cool
this is the person responsible for characters shaking their heads on the floor even though they already lost, isn't it?

Reactions: YEH

this is the person responsible for characters shaking their heads on the floor even though they already lost, isn't it?

Possibly but I do agree with him on that front though.
Seeing someone try and continue the fight despite being "done" is such a massive staple... but it's one you kinda respect because it shows just how insane their will is that they want to continue the fight despite being "done".

Goten21

I'm just quoting this to add context to my statement, but I'm so impressed with the DoA quest mode. The concept itself is bomb for a fighting game. Love that he compared it to studying because it definitely holds some truth to it with how fighting games are set-up. Learn what to use when, learn this combo, learn this match-up. It can feel overwhelming if you really wanna get into it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD