DOA6 interviews

Hold_Junkie93

1548806980137.png

Brute

Standard Donor
just to clarify, the subject in this sentence is the beloved audience and yes, demanding a third digit here is completely unreasonable when most of them barely reached the second
Well, in relation to the audience that you market to. I'm aware that you need the sales from the lower audience but let's be real, they'll buy it and all the crappy DLC you release for it regardless.

Macca said that, not me
I'm not sure why it quoted you instead of Macca. Maybe I originally multi-quoted and then deleted the wrong parts. Anyway, my bad.

Dr PaC

Dead or Alive 6 hasn't toned down the sexualisation, its just tucked it away

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...own-the-sexualisation-its-just-tucked-it-away

Source: oneangrygamer

Just got home from work and saw this post so I visited the site on the link and got pissed. Shoutouts to these dudes in that articles comment section who called out Eurogamer and other so called "Gaming Journalists", whom whenever they discuss DOA, its alway, always, ALWAYS about the damn T&A and never about the mechanics, graphics, or story. Im so sick of this topic being the only thing covered about DOA on any website. Even Eventhubs cant cover DOA's new mechanics or the game as a FG and they're a FG dedicated site! It's like, no wonder people cant look past all that and give the game a shot, when this topic is literally the only thing they cover everywhere.

=================================================================================================================================
Asudake 4 days ago
I don't comment very often on here, but I'd like to make an appeal to Eurogamer about their regards to Dead or Alive as a series. I get that "jiggles" and sexiness are a big part of the surface level of the game, but I would argue that just as much if not more is focused on it's genre's sake, fighting. To that end, I ask that if you do decide to post a throwaway piece like this that examines the game's sexiness, then you would also talk about it's gameplay.

I've been a huge fan of this series and I only ever see games journalist speak about this series' sex appeal. If we ignore the political issue and topic of sexuality, is there not more to this game in the eyes of your readership? I would appreciate a digital foundry article about DoA6 and maybe even an indepth guide to improving on the game. Maybe that new FAQ guide your looking for could do one up. My point is, please talk about something other than breasts and physics when it comes to this game. I'll admit I look at them from time to time, but I don't deny it, but when you write stories like this most of the time, it sort of seems like your ONLY looking at the boobs ALL of the time.

I live in America, and you guys are my MAIN site for gaming news.
I hope you have a nice day guys/gals!

j.j.barrington 3 days ago
@Asudake Wholly agreed.

I love the attractive characters in the series, and that's certainly a draw. But what got me into it- and I'm really an rpg guy- is the actual fighting mechanics. It's a shame the franchise is treated like it's just there for the sexiness, because there's pretty much always been a great fighter underneath.

It's ironic, too: many of the people who (would) complain about the game are the same types who say not to judge women on their looks... but then all they do is judge this game- and the female characters in it and other games- by their looks.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Just got home from work and saw this post so I visited the site on the link and got pissed. Shoutouts to these dudes in that articles comment section who called out Eurogamer and other so called "Gaming Journalists", whom whenever they discuss DOA, its alway, always, ALWAYS about the damn T&A and never about the mechanics, graphics, or story. Im so sick of this topic being the only thing covered about DOA on any website. Even Eventhubs cant cover DOA's new mechanics or the game as a FG and they're a FG dedicated site! It's like, no wonder people cant look past all that and give the game a shot, when this topic is literally the only thing they cover everywhere.

=================================================================================================================================
Asudake 4 days ago
I don't comment very often on here, but I'd like to make an appeal to Eurogamer about their regards to Dead or Alive as a series. I get that "jiggles" and sexiness are a big part of the surface level of the game, but I would argue that just as much if not more is focused on it's genre's sake, fighting. To that end, I ask that if you do decide to post a throwaway piece like this that examines the game's sexiness, then you would also talk about it's gameplay.

I've been a huge fan of this series and I only ever see games journalist speak about this series' sex appeal. If we ignore the political issue and topic of sexuality, is there not more to this game in the eyes of your readership? I would appreciate a digital foundry article about DoA6 and maybe even an indepth guide to improving on the game. Maybe that new FAQ guide your looking for could do one up. My point is, please talk about something other than breasts and physics when it comes to this game. I'll admit I look at them from time to time, but I don't deny it, but when you write stories like this most of the time, it sort of seems like your ONLY looking at the boobs ALL of the time.

I live in America, and you guys are my MAIN site for gaming news.
I hope you have a nice day guys/gals!

j.j.barrington 3 days ago
@Asudake Wholly agreed.

I love the attractive characters in the series, and that's certainly a draw. But what got me into it- and I'm really an rpg guy- is the actual fighting mechanics. It's a shame the franchise is treated like it's just there for the sexiness, because there's pretty much always been a great fighter underneath.

It's ironic, too: many of the people who (would) complain about the game are the same types who say not to judge women on their looks... but then all they do is judge this game- and the female characters in it and other games- by their looks.
What's going on here?

Baji Breakdancer

Shimbori: Looking at the feedback, from mostly the North American players, the “ground game” was not received as well as we expected. That’s something we would like to improve in terms of balancing.
Good to hear, but I'm curious as to why complaints with the ground game were mostly North American. Is there a playstyle difference compared the Japanese scene?

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don’t see what that has to do with each other, really. I personally had no complaints with the ground game. The lack of force techs actually felt relaxing and gave me time to think about what I was going to do intstead of being scared to get forced up. I liked force techs in 5 but getting caught in certain set ups that guarantee forcetechs really sucked. I don’t mind forcetechs, but i’m not going to miss them. Players from USA tend to play very aggressive compared to Japanese players, I think that’s why the Japanese players didn’t had any comments about the ground game.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Oh that's right, because prior to 5 all the DOA games were Xbox exclusive, and that never really tracked in Japan.

Actually that's not true.
DOA1 and 2 was for the Playstation and Playstation 2. DOA starting with 3 went Xbox Exclusive.
The problem is that Dead or Alive, for the longest, didn't have an Arcade scene since like DOA1 or DOA3. And the Arcade scene in Japan is really important because home consoles are still seen to be pretty expensive and can take up too much room space(since Japan's housing... is pretty small for most people), this combined with the on-the-go lifestyle of the Japanese, they won't really be at home all that much.

This is why you see the rise of mobile and why handheld games was always popular in Japan. And it's why Arcades have stuck around for so long. So DOA5 had some life finally put back into from the Japan side due to the Arcade port and the rest is history.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
So as I expected, the Shoryuken story was a direct shot to the nuts.

Shimbori: We can’t really promise anything right now, but for characters, we are planning on having them purchasable at some point, as well as the deluxe edition costumes. We are considering having Nyotengu purchasable at some point after launch.

I think most of us active players are probably getting deluxe editions, or at the very least have or plan to preorder the game... but newcomers go into it without having a direct way to purchase Nyo-Tengu out of the box???

Yeah this really sounds like an esport game alright. Sounds like a bunch of scheming bullshit press that anyone could see right through. The big hope for Team NINJA now is that people don't read this interview.

Shimbori: Looking at the feedback, from mostly the North American players, the “ground game” was not received as well as we expected. That’s something we would like to improve in terms of balancing.

They expected the ground game to be well received?!? I for one do not care if it is going to be a damaging mechanic or not, but at least make it look graphically pleasing and realistic. Nothing feels worse than when a player isn't teching up and my low attack goes right through their body and does absolutely nothing but put the player that should have been rewarded with disadvantage.

A real flow breaker in my opinion.

Baji Breakdancer

So as I expected, the Shoryuken story was a direct shot to the nuts.

I think most of us active players are probably getting deluxe editions, or at the very least have or plan to preorder the game... but newcomers go into it without having a direct way to purchase Nyo-Tengu out of the box???

Yeah this really sounds like an esport game alright. Sounds like a bunch of scheming bullshit press that anyone could see right through. The big hope for Team NINJA now is that people don't read this interview.

They expected the ground game to be well received?!? I for one do not care if it is going to be a damaging mechanic or not, but at least make it look graphically pleasing and realistic. Nothing feels worse than when a player isn't teching up and my low attack goes right through their body and does absolutely nothing but put the player that should have been rewarded with disadvantage.

A real flow breaker in my opinion.
What stinks too is that what’s purchasable or otherwise monetized is generally not up to the developer, but the owner. For example, it’s not Blizzard that decides they need to add loot boxes, but Activision.

That said, it’s Koei/Tecmo that’s deciding how much DLC revenue that DOA6 should be pulling in. It must be frustrating sometimes as a developer to be the one communicating this stuff to your audience.

Brute

Standard Donor
What stinks too is that what’s purchasable or otherwise monetized is generally not up to the developer, but the owner. For example, it’s not Blizzard that decides they need to add loot boxes, but Activision.

That said, it’s Koei/Tecmo that’s deciding how much DLC revenue that DOA6 should be pulling in. It must be frustrating sometimes as a developer to be the one communicating this stuff to your audience.
I doubt KT demanded that Nyo in particular be the DLC character. They probably could've made it whomever so long as they picked a female.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD