DOA6 Story Discussion

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think DOA’s story need a reboot. The DOA cast is pretty big now and some of them could play a bigger part in the story. Kokoro could’ve been more involved with DOATEC and M.I.S.T.

For example: Ayane, kills Miyako in order to take down M.I.S.T./DOATEC. Kokoro finding out that her mother got killed, makes her go crazy and goes a man hunt to find out who killed her mother. Only to find out Ayane did, Kokoro then takes over DOATEC Japan and convinces Helena to join Kokoro in hunting down and killing the ninja’s and Donovan. Helena then orders Marie rose (Who met Honoka already) to go after the ninja’s. Honoka finds out about this mission of Marie and joins her to find and kill the ninja’s. They follow the tracks, but end up in M.I.S.T.’s lab.

Meanwhile NiCO’s who’s doing her experiments in order to revive Raidou, is working together with Christie. Donovan then messages Christie and commands her to retrieve Honoka alive to give to NiCO so she can conduct her experiments and continue her research to revive Raidou. Christie then knocks out Marie and Honoka and kidnaps Honoka. After Christie kidnapped Honoka and handed her over to NiCO. Donovan orders Christie to reactivate project epsilon on Rig. While Christie is on her way to Rig (who’s watching the DOA6 tournament). Bayman is on his way to M.I.S.T.’s lab because he haven’t heard anything from Marie, he then finds her knocked out and wakes her up, only to hear that Christie kidnapped Honoka and brought her to NiCO. Marie begs Bayman to help her save Honoka first before going after Donovan. Bayman reluctantly agrees to help her save Honoka and they’re on their way to the lab. Bayman and Honoka then get confronted by NiCO, Rig and Christie. NiCO tells Bayman and Marie that they’re too late and that experiment was a success. Then Nico proceeds to fight against Marie, only for Nico to lose the fight. Meanwhile Bayman fights both Christie and Rig at the same time and wins against the both of them. NiCO then releases Honoka and wake Raidou up. Raidou, wakes up angry and fights NiCO, Christie, Bayman, Rig, Marie and Honoka. He knocks all of them down except Honoka. During the fight with Honoka he recognises the energy they both possess and then remembers that Honoka is his daughter and Tells her that she is his daughter. Honoka is shocked, but becomes very emotional because she loves him. Even though Raidou is a power hungry brute, he somehow feels for Honoka and recognises her as his daughter.

Raidou, who still seeks revenge at the Mugen Tenshin village, is escaping the lab with Honoka and the both of them go on their way to the Mugen tenshin village to get revenge on the clan. When Raidou arrives with Honoka at the village, they fight the entire village. Then there’s a showdown between Honoka and Ayane and Raidou and Hayate. Ayane and Honoka fight, during the fight Ayane recognises the energy Honoka and Raidou posess and asks Honoka who she is. Honoka then says that she is Raidou’s daughter and that she’s here with him to get revenge on the clan for banning Raidou. Ayane then confesses that she is also Raidou’s daughter and Honoka is surprised to find out.

Meanwhile Hayate fights with Raidou and Hayate loses again to Raidou. After Raidou badly defeated Hayate he is on his way to Honoka and Ayane and wants to fight Ayane, he then finds out that Honoka has teamed up with Ayane and the both of them fight Raidou. At first Raidou has the upper hand and badly injures Ayane, Honoka then becomes very angry and copies the torn sky blast tecnique and fights Raidou.

Just before Ayane got knocked out she sends out butterflies to Kasumi and Hayabusa. Meanwhile Hayabusa and Kasumi are fighting Kokoro and Helena who were hunting them down for Killing Miyako. It’s a close fight where Kokoro and Helena both get knocked out but not killed. Hayabusa and Kasumi then receive the butterflies from Ayane and are headed to the Mugen Tenshin village. During their journey to the village, they come across Nyotengu, who wants to test the strength of the man who killed bankotsubo. Hayabusa is victorious and tells Nyotengu to leave. After the fight Kasumi and Hayabusa continue their journey to the village. Not knowing Phase 4 was ordered to follow them and get more data from the clan and to kill Kasumi. Kasumi and Hayabusa reach the village and find Hayate and Ayane both knocked out. They also see a unknown girl fighting Raidou. Raidou gains the upper hand in the fight vs Honoka and knocks her out. After the fight Raidou then turns his back to see Kasumi and Hayabusa. Filled with rage remembering that they killed him before makes Raidou go on a rampage. Raidou then gets assistance from Phase 4 who fights Kasumi. Hayabusa then faces off vs Raidou. Kasumi and Hayabusa both lose the fight and just when Phase 4 and Raidou are about to Kill them, Ayame and Shiden appear and fight Phase 4 and Raidou. During that fight the 4 ninja’s wake up and see that Ayame and Shiden are slain by Phase 4 and Raidou. Kasumi, Ayane, and Hayate go berserk and kill Raidou and Phase 4. They swore that they’ll get revenge at DOATEC and M.I.S.T. after that Honoka wakes up and runs to Ayane. The ninja’s get acquainted with Honoka and are interested in her powers. Honoka swears loyalty to the ninja’s and they teach Honoka their techniques.

Meanwhile NiCO, Christie and Rig regain consciousness and capture Bayman and Marie rose. Bayman and Marie rose the get saved by Lisa, who entered the Lab for her own personal reasons. Bayman then confronts Christie and after the fight, the both of them team up against Donovan and Rig, ending up killing them both. Lisa fights NiCO and is victorious. She then Steals the data NiCO collected and uses it for her own goals.

Meanwhile both Kokoro and Helena wake up from the fight and Marie and Lisa approached them. Lisa who stole the data from NiCO gives the data to Helena and Kokoro, meanwhile Marie tells them what happened. Kokoro and Helena order Lisa to make a weapon to kill the ninja’s with the data she stole from NiCO.

After Donovan and Rig getting killed by Bayman and Christie, Bayman and Christie become partners and both of them return to DOATEC and meet up there with Kokoro, Helena, Marie and Lisa.

Meanwhile the 6th tournament is Held and Leifang wins the tournament (because she deserves it).

For DOA7 it’s about the showdown between the Ninja’s and Honoka and Between team DOATEC.

Tbh I’m proud of my writing even though my reboot story has a lot of plot holes I feel like.

Last edited:

otnesse

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not too keen on reboots, having already seen Metal Gear and Pokémon be ruined by pointless retcons and massive reboots.

And while your story most certainly is better than DOA6's story (which they should have used as DLC for DOA5 for those character add-ons), it's still not all that good, especially when DOATEC and MIST are two separate entities at this point, and also conflicts with DOA5's storyline overall.

Besides, it neglected to cover Leifang, Hitomi, and Tina.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not too keen on reboots, having already seen Metal Gear and Pokémon be ruined by pointless retcons and massive reboots.

And while your story most certainly is better than DOA6's story (which they should have used as DLC for DOA5 for those character add-ons), it's still not all that good, especially when DOATEC and MIST are two separate entities at this point, and also conflicts with DOA5's storyline overall.

Besides, it neglected to cover Leifang, Hitomi, and Tina.
I said some characters, not all characters. Lei, Tina and Hitomi just don’t have that much of a significant storyline to me in order for me to change it. Same with all of the others I’ve left out, such as Bass, Mila, Zack, Jann lee, Diego, Eliot, and Brad Wong. The only characters I also would’ve included In the story are Momiji, Rachel and Leon. M.I.S.T. Basically is non existent with Nico’s data being stolen, Phase 4 being dead, Raidou being dead, Donovan being dead, and Christie joining DOATEC with Bayman. It’s basically the end of M.I.S.T and DOATEC becoming the villain. The whole purpose of my turn on the story was to get rid of MIST, the clone and the cyborg storyline and let Lisa, Helena, Kokoro, Christie, Marie and Bayman become the villains. While the Ninja’s, Momiji, Rachel and Honoka become
The heroes.

Leon and Nico would’ve been neutral and they would focus on reviving their lost relatives.

Last edited:

otnesse

I said some characters, not all characters. Lei, Tina and Hitomi just aren’t that important to me story wise. Same with all of the others left ou, such as Bass, Mila, Zack, Jann lee, Diego, Eliot, and Brad Wong. The only characters I also would’ve included In the story are Momiji, Rachel and Leon. M.I.S.T. Basically is non existent with Nico’s data being stolen, Phase 4 being dead, Raidou being dead, Donovan being dead, and Christie joining DOATEC with Bayman. It’s basically the end of M.I.S.T and DOATEC becoming the villain. The whole purpose of my turn on the story was to get rid of MIST, the clone and the cyborg storyline and let Lisa, Helena, Kokoro, Christie, Marie and Bayman become the villains. While the Ninja’s, Momiji, Rachel and Honoka become
The heroes.

Leon and Nico would’ve been neutral and they would focus on reviving their lost relatives.

True, but on the other hand, it comes across as the ninjas, or rather, Ayane starting the whole mess by killing Miyako, coming across as more like the infamous Civil War arc of the Avengers (meaning, no one really came across as particularly good as a result).

Besides, you're probably going to need to address Tina at least, since she is best friends with Lisa, who is clearly on DOATEC's side. And Hitomi's got connections to the Mugen Tenshin clan through Hayate. You're also forgetting that Helena wouldn't wish to work with Christie thanks to the latter killing her mom, so there's that to take into account.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
True, but on the other hand, it comes across as the ninjas, or rather, Ayane starting the whole mess by killing Miyako, coming across as more like the infamous Civil War arc of the Avengers (meaning, no one really came across as particularly good as a result).

Besides, you're probably going to need to address Tina at least, since she is friends with Lisa.
I don’t need to address anyone if I don’t want to, let me make that clear. Anyway, since you are asking for why I wouldn’t change her story and address it, it’s because Tina is a working woman focused on her career and is busy with wrestling. I don’t have something for her, because she shouldn’t be a part of the ninja’s and DOATEC’s plot. Ayane killed Miyako because Miyako was a double agent for M.I.S.T. and was ordered to by her clan.

Like I said for DOA7 it would’ve been about the showdown and DOATEC, explaining what happens next with Christie joining etc. Besides, she’s working with Bayman whom kill her father, so that argument doesn’t really work with me. Hitomi is a simple girl and even though she’s linked to Hayate, she stays out of his business. In 5 that was already evident that she was minding her own business. So no, her story wouldn’t have changed.

Last edited:

otnesse

I don’t need to address anyone if I don’t want to, let me make that clear. Anyway, since you are asking for why I wouldn’t change her story and address it, it’s because Tina is a working woman focused on her career and is busy with wrestling. I don’t have something for her, because she shouldn’t be a part of the ninja’s and DOATEC’s plot. Ayane killed Miyako because Miyako was a double agent for M.I.S.T. and was ordered to by her clan.

Well, yeah, but wouldn't Helena have also figured out Miyako's ties to M.I.S.T. by that point? It would seem very out of character for Helena to just go against the ninjas for eliminating a double agent that she most likely ended up privy to via the clan, even if it was for the sake of quelling Kokoro's anger (and that's not even getting into the implication that Miyako may have played a role in Fame's assassination, so if Kokoro found that bit out...). More likely, she'd be the type to just do an investigation as to what exactly occurred and come up with a peaceful solution and only go to war if there's no other options left.

Well, I guess that's a good reason for Tina to not get involved (probably a good thing as well, because I'd hate to see the Armstrongs become villains [which given her ties to Lisa would hint at that possibility regarding Tina at least], since making America come across as bad is a particularly annoying aspect of Japanese games like with Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Vanquish, and especially Metal Gear. In fact, Dead or Alive not doing that is part of the reason I'm following this franchise.).

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Well, yeah, but wouldn't Helena have also figured out Miyako's ties to M.I.S.T. by that point? It would seem very out of character for Helena to just go against the ninjas for eliminating a double agent that she most likely ended up privy to via the clan, even if it was for the sake of quelling Kokoro's anger. More likely, she'd be the type to just do an investigation as to what exactly occurred and come up with a peaceful solution and only go to war if there's no other options left.

Well, I guess that's a good reason for Tina to not get involved (probably a good thing as well, because I'd hate to see the Armstrongs become villains [which given her ties to Lisa would hint at that possibility regarding Tina at least], since making America come across as bad is a particularly annoying aspect of Japanese games like with Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Vanquish, and especially Metal Gear. In fact, Dead or Alive not doing that is part of the reason I'm following this franchise.).
Well, I doubt it’s out of character for Helena, I mean she held Kasumi at gunpoint. And falsely accused Ayane.

otnesse

Well, I doubt it’s out of character for Helena, I mean she held Kasumi at gunpoint. And falsely accused Ayane.
True, if it was not taking into account DOA5, it isn't out of character. But by the time of DOA5, they've already buried the hatchet for the most part, heck, even pulled that cloning gambit to track down MIST's lair. And considering it's heavily implied in DOA4 that Helena may have killed Anna for her role in Fame's death, it's extremely unlikely she'd be very forgiving towards Miyako for her implied role in Fame's demise, which actually makes it even LESS likely that she'd try to target the clan as revenge for Miyako's death, whether for Kokoro's sake or not, since she'd have very little reason to have any desire to avenge Miyako's death (though that being said... she did seem to work with Bayman despite him being responsible for Fame's death).

As far as falsely accusing Ayane, technically, it wasn't falsely accusing her since Helena DID think Ayane was her mom's murderer at the time, while "falsely accusing" someone generally implies they knew beforehand they weren't responsible yet accused them all the same.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
True, if it was not taking into account DOA5, it isn't out of character. But by the time of DOA5, they've already buried the hatchet for the most part, heck, even pulled that cloning gambit to track down MIST's lair. And considering it's heavily implied in DOA4 that Helena may have killed Anna for her role in Fame's death, it's extremely unlikely she'd be very forgiving towards Miyako for her implied role in Fame's demise, which actually makes it even LESS likely that she'd try to target the clan as revenge for Miyako's death, whether for Kokoro's sake or not, since she'd have very little reason to have any desire to avenge Miyako's death (though that being said... she did seem to work with Bayman despite him being responsible for Fame's death).

As far as falsely accusing Ayane, technically, it wasn't falsely accusing her since Helena DID think Ayane was her mom's murderer at the time, while "falsely accusing" someone generally implies they knew beforehand they weren't responsible yet accused them all the same.
Still, it was my story, and how it would be if I was in charge of DOA. I didn’t want every character to get a serious plot because it would be boring. Tina is a fun character. She never was meant to have this deep compelling story. Even without a deep story she does show character development and personality, unlike some characters like Marie rose and Honoka.

otnesse

Still, it was my story, and how it would be if I was in charge of DOA. I didn’t want every character to get a serious plot because it would be boring. Tina is a fun character. She never was meant to have this deep compelling story. Even without a deep story she does show character development and personality, unlike some characters like Marie rose and Honoka.
Okay, fine by me.

candynarwhal

I find it really interesting that this bothers you so much. What gives?

Anyway, Tina's just not the type of character that would ever be cast as an antagonist, so, no worries there. :p

I also think DOA needs a story reboot, honestly. I guess that's what they did with DOAD, but it was decidedly to the franchise's detriment...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Besides, you're probably going to need to address Tina at least, since she is best friends with Lisa, who is clearly on DOATEC's side. And Hitomi's got connections to the Mugen Tenshin clan through Hayate. You're also forgetting that Helena wouldn't wish to work with Christie thanks to the latter killing her mom, so there's that to take into account.
I'm glad TN never went with Itagaki's vision of the story, it already didn't make sense with how it was structured but the whole Ayane killing Miyako and then falling into Kasumi's arms seemed so forced and rushed. Plus that's forcing a tragedy on Kokoro who'll hate Ayane and the ninjas for doing that

Anyway, Tina's just not the type of character that would ever be cast as an antagonist, so, no worries there. :p

I also think DOA needs a story reboot, honestly. I guess that's what they did with DOAD, but it was decidedly to the franchise's detriment...
I think it's too late for a reboot tbh, especially with DOA6 already out and every character's role is already established. I think whenever DOA ends they should start anew with a new story and new characters since DOA is pretty much at it's climax. There's not gonna be much to do or talk about once Kasumi and Helena defeat Donovan and once MIST crumbles. Even now in DOA6 they didn't really do much, Kasumi didn't have a huge role and hasn't even come close to Donovan

otnesse

It's mostly because a lot of those games seem to just depict America as being the worst evil out there, and also proceed to depict groups who are objectively evil in a positive light such as terrorist groups or communists, and if they are main protagonists who have an American nationality, they're either depicted as being outright forced by America to do their actions, or otherwise shown to be anti-American in outlook. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, for example, infamously had Kazuhira Miller and Big Boss singing praises to the likes of Che Guevara like a bunch of dorky college students who don't know much, and that's in spite of the fact that Che Guevara was practically the reason why Cuba nearly caused a nuclear war.

Heck, out of the characters in the entire series, the only person I can definitely say was portrayed in a good light who was genuinely patriotic was The Boss, and even she was effectively implied at one point to be an amoral nihilist with her "What is a Soldier" speech. Now, don't get me wrong, depicting America as having absolutely no flaws isn't a good way to go about it either, since America's far from a perfect nation (then again, barring Heaven, a "perfect nation" does not exist), but I'd prefer it if they don't demonize America as if it were the worst thing to ever exist. And let's hope so, and let's certainly hope they don't cast her as anti-American to keep her as a good guy. We never thought Chris Redfield would bash America, yet... well, this conversation speaks for itself.

As far as a reboot, I'm not sure that's a good idea. Pokémon tried that with Best Wishes, and from what I can tell, that just ended up being a total disaster. Besides, they'd have to erase everything for it to actually be a reboot.

candynarwhal

Tina's as all-American as they come, and that's intrinsic to her design. If we still had the original team making the games, they might have been able to take Tina in a different direction (whatever that is), but I don't think the current team sees much more in her than stars-and-stripes print bikinis and cowboy hats. Just take a look at her in DOA6 - but of all the characters, I think Tina has suffered the least from the ongoing simplification of DOA's cast.

You know, like how Leifang used to be a spunky, fashion-forward, academic genius - but now all she does is pine over Jann Lee and be clumsy because that's cute, or whatever.

But, yeah, DOA6's story went nowhere - which is why I find it so weird that they're sticking with the format of a dedicated story mode, as opposed to arcade runs w/ separate endings for each character. There's at least room to play, there...

My biggest issue with the story mode though, really, is that it informs the way stages are designed. It's no coincidence that DOA5 didn't start getting good stages (never mind that they were all remakes) until its re-releases, when the story didn't matter anymore.

I'd actually like to write up my own reboot synopsis, would anyone be interested in that?

otnesse

Tina's as all-American as they come, and that's intrinsic to her design. If we still had the original team making the games, they might have been able to take Tina in a different direction (whatever that is), but I don't think the current team sees much more in her than stars-and-stripes print bikinis and cowboy hats. Just take a look at her in DOA6...

But, yeah, DOA6's story went nowhere - which is why I find it so weird that they're sticking with the format of a dedicated story mode, as opposed to arcade runs w/ separate endings for each character. There's at least room to play, there...

My biggest issue with the story mode though, really, is that it informs the way stages are designed. It's no coincidence that DOA5 didn't start getting good stages (never mind that they were all remakes) until its re-releases, when the story didn't matter anymore.

I'd actually like to write up my own reboot synopsis, would anyone be interested in that?

Go on ahead and write one up if you must.

As far as Tina, they had about four games to take her in a different direction under the old team (besides finding a new goal for each game, I mean), six if we count the Xtreme games. If they didn't up and out change her to be anti-American, I'm doubtful they'd do that under the old team. Still... Chris Redfield was never implied to be anti-American and a socialist until RE5, and that took... what? Seven games or so?

I wasn't particularly happy with how they handled Tina in DOA6, especially when she was effectively left without any real goal in that game other than maybe doing a team tag thing with her dad (that, and her having to give up her goal of running for governor due to legally being too young to run. Usually, she doesn't overlook those kinds of details when planning her goals.). Plus, she didn't strike me as being the type to support a nanny state (she was more of a Conservative or at least libertarian). Still, I am glad she wasn't made into a villain, or at best an amoral nihilist who mistakes amoral nihilism and merely obeying even illegal orders as the highest form of patriotism, unlike The Boss in Snake Eater (and bear in mind, that game was the closest the Metal Gear series ever gave to an actual positive depiction of patriotism):

And agreed, DOA6's story was a waste, especially when it covered stuff that SHOULD have been covered in the expansions for DOA5 when they started adding in more characters. I mean, I'm sorry, but Honoka and Marie Rose's entire arc in DOA6 should have been used for DLC episodes for DOA5LR. I mean, the only add-on who played any role in the story was Phase 4, and that's only because she appeared in the prologue where she scratched up Bayman.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Why don’t y’all write your own direction you want the story to go in? I’m actually curious and it would make this thread feel more alive.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well some of these stories are already 120% better than DOA's original abysmal plot. To top it off that it's a fighting game. Fighting games are notorious on having the risk to only turn out slightly good, or just down-right atrocious. Luckily DOA isn't the only fighting game to have this type of problem, but I will say that it's possibly one of the worst ones out there and the most obvious. For start, get rid of the clone DOATEC trend. It's outdated. It's an excuse to extend the main story for characters with rehashed movekits etc.

It's like how I always approach it. Main villain appears (Donovan) does something out of the ordinary where he finally gets out of that chair to achieve godhood and then Kasumi/Ryu Hayabusa/Ayane/Hayate fight the true boss via Donovan, how? no idea how. Injects himself with the DNAs of the 4 ninjas? he found a magical orb of god? drank magical unicorn blood? who cares, make me feel like i'm actually suppose to be afraid of this character, and then finally, ancient shit plot finally comes to an end into a new story + new villain appears. The whole mystery vibe has been going on for years to where I no longer feel like it's ominous or even a mystery at this point, it's starting to become the magical friendship adventures of Marie Rose and Honoka. Even the main character of this story practically did nothing.

During the story, every character has to play a role in some fashion, could be a filler whatever (an actual good filler). Give life to these characters. Make every single character in the roster shine as if they truly are who they are. Make them actually relevant. Make them actually feel that everyone has the potential without relying on the 4 mascots+2 niche characters or else it'll be a typical Mishima Tekken story.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Explain.

If the topic is about continuing that outdated mediocre clone story then this topic is done.

If you don't like the story of DOA... why don't you just stay out of the story topic and stick to your gameplay threads? I mean you contribute the same exact post each and every time you post here and we understand that you don't like it. I've already explained myself time and time again but if you want me to put your argument to shame one more time I will gladly do it.

This topic isn't closing just because you don't like the story. It's completely subjective and you lost any credibility you had talking about the story with your last bizarre comment.

"Duh duh duh stories in fighting games!"

It's like do you have one original thought? Are you the guy that goes out of his way to tell people that enjoy pro wrestling that it's fake?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD