DOAD Tier List Discussion

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
On an interesting note, I came across a Japanese discussion of DOAD and one player's opinion on the tier list is as follows:
Post 132 said:
S・・・ゼリー、こころ
A+・・ダメ兄貴、超忍、レイファン、ヒトミ
A・・・かすみ、あやね、空手兄貴、ジジイ

S・・・Alpha 152, Kokoro
A+・・Raidou, Hayabusa, Lei Fang, Hitomi
A・・・Kasumi, Ayane, Ein, Gen Fu
I think that first spot they have listed for A+ is Raidou. The person refers to him as "bad older brother." I also love that they refer to Alpha 152 as "ゼリー" which means "jelly."

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Post 139 on there argues that she has no holds, no juggles and the only options after her floating are to teleport to the same spot or her rush attack, which is a mid and easily countered. The person goes on to say that her offensive holds are good but that most of her attacks are mid and easily countered thanks to the three point hold system.

After running it though google Translate:

It seems that player was rating them in terms of pressure. I do admit that 152 has really good pressure since you can stagger the kkkkkkk and end that string at just about any level you want.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Community Tier List:
S - Gen Fu, Hayabusa, Kasumi
A - Hayate, K-Alpha, Hitomi, Ayane, Helena
B - Lei Fang, Christie, Raidou, Zack, Ein, Shiden, Bayman, Jann Lee, Genra, Lisa
C - Kokoro, Leon, Tina, Eliot, 152
D - Tengu, Brad Wong, Bass

I knew I wasn't imagining things! I main the tengu in DOA4 and DOAD, and I've always felt like he was somehow worse in Dimensions. It seems to me like his priority was weakened in Dimensions.

Anyone care to shed some light on why the already bad DOA4 tengu is even worse in DOAD?

TRI Mike

BUSA TIER:
- Busa.
TOP TIER:
-Gen Fu, Hayate, Kasumi.
HIGH TIER:
- K.Alpha, Hitomi, Ayane, Helena, Leifang.
MID TIER:
-Jann Lee, Shiden, Ein, Raidou, Alpha 152, Genra, Bayman, Zack, Christie, Tina, Kokoro.
LOW TIER:
-Leon, Bass, Brad Wong, Eliot, Tengu, Lisa.

Keylay

Why is Shiden and Hayate so far apart? I thought the only difference between them was the Rajin throw.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Why is Shiden and Hayate so far apart? I thought the only difference between them was the Rajin throw.

Shiden basically has Hayate's DOA3 moveset with the exception of his DOA4 raijin. Whereas Hayate has an altered DOA4 moveset with the exception of his DOA3 i7 throw.

TRI Mike

Exactly, they're not the same. The thing is that there really isn't any reason to play Shiden when Hayate is much better.

Allan Paris

Seeing as this is just a polished up version of DOA4. I assume she still has the same problems. She can't punish, her holds are weak, her attacks are also weak, and she lacks good attacks that launch/bounce. For her to win she has to use gimmicks after gimmicks with her attacks while mixing in her OHs. Once the gimmicks are learned, she's done.

That sums her up in DOA4, for DOAD; she may have gotten slightly better in one or maybe all of those categories. I am pretty sure the reasons I gave is why she still sucks in DOAD like she does in 4.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
BUSA TIER:
- Busa.
TOP TIER:
-Gen Fu, Hayate, Kasumi.
HIGH TIER:
- K.Alpha, Hitomi, Ayane, Helena, Leifang.
MID TIER:
-Jann Lee, Shiden, Ein, Raidou, Alpha 152, Genra, Bayman, Zack, Christie, Tina, Kokoro.
LOW TIER:
-Leon, Bass, Brad Wong, Eliot, Tengu, Lisa.
I must be doin' pretty damn good with Christie if she's actually placed lower than Alpha-152... very, very damn good.

MasterHavik

Seeing as this is just a polished up version of DOA4. I assume she still has the same problems. She can't punish, her holds are weak, her attacks are also weak, and she lacks good attacks that launch/bounce. For her to win she has to use gimmicks after gimmicks with her attacks while mixing in her OHs. Once the gimmicks are learned, she's done.

That sums her up in DOA4, for DOAD; she may have gotten slightly better in one or maybe all of those categories. I am pretty sure the reasons I gave is why she still sucks in DOAD like she does in 4.
Well, ignore the other points you brought up. The part where she can't punish is kind of a Fg problem. When you can't punish you're struck holding that button forever. What makes her hold weak though? How can you have a bad counter?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD