DOAD Tier List Discussion

Allan Paris

Those problems is what puts her at the ass end of things. She's a grappler she shouldn't have a problem with punishing with her throws. Her holds are weak because of the damage output. She also gets no kind of setups from her holds or throws.

What is a 'Fg problem'? Fighting game problem? Either way, it effects her which makes her weak character. Thus, she is bottom tier, no matter how you cut the deck.

TRI Mike

She also punished in DOA4 with that... as far as I'm concerned. But the rest of the things stated for her are true so she's still very weak.

Allan Paris

You're right. an 8i throw. I was off with that one, my bad. It is a frame short of the standard punish throw.

The other problems are in full effect with her, though.

Allan Paris

Well with your statement in quoting that tier list, your point was in the dark.

The point I'm trying to make is that Alpha-152 should be nowhere in that mid-tier. Alpha-152 is bottom-tier, at best.

With this statement, now I get the sarcasm in your initial post.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I disaagree with Lisa's hold's being weak. When she has a hold successfully completed within the first few frames of it the damage is second to only Bayman's (not counting Busa's Izuna Drops of course).

Codemaster92163

I don't think 152 is bottom tier. Well.....maybe, but she's not defenseless. She has simple launches and fast damage, along with her stupidly powerful throws. Of course, she starts to suck when she's knocked down - an Alpha 152 player on the defensive is a dead player - but she still has a fair amount of tools to scrape by.

Actually, thinking of it more, the only character I can think of as being worse is perhaps Raidou. Though even he isn't really too bad when played right.

Yeah...she's bottom tier. But not in the sense that she can't hold her own (:

152 has really bad launchers. Her only single-hit launcher is 3F+K iirc, and she doesn't have particularly amazing mixup potential because of the 3-point hold. Her OHs are excellent (QCB HCF F+P will crush bloody well everything), but they are telegraphed a lot and easily interrupted.

And Raidou is hardly a terrible character. If anything, he's easily one of the better characters in the game imo. He has excellent launchers at multiple hit levels with lots of juggling potential, he's quite fast (despite an 11i jab), his defensive holds are okay, his offensive holds are very good and he has good throw potential as well. He's even a heavyweight so he's difficult to juggle.

Codemaster92163

152's PK, for the incredibly fast attack that it is (not P+K mind you), can launch most any opponent into a nice 3PPPP 6PPP juggle for nice damage/distance. And if your opponent is going to counter her launches, that's a good time to use her throws. She has nice frame traps coupled with powerful attacks, too. That said, I'm not trying to make her out to be a great character xD she's just not abysmally bad.

I really don't see Raidou as a good character xD none of his strings include tricky lows to break a defense and yes, while is speed/weight are nice, he's not really a threat to anyone. Still, I said he's not too bad when played correctly, and I stand by that. He's just very vanilla with no real great qualities.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
She has no holds. That makes her significantly worse than most of the cast immediately and makes her vulnerable to things no one else would be.

Codemaster92163

^ Very true, but it's not that she doesn't have any. She simply doesn't get any damage off of them, nor half the times an advantage. Still, she can use it like any other character to get out of a combo.

I'm not saying she's good, I'm simply saying that if played right, she can still win against any character.

Allan Paris

I'm not saying she's good, I'm simply saying that if played right, she can still win against any character.

All of the characters have this capability.

She has no holds.

and

but it's not that she doesn't have any. She simply doesn't get any damage off of them, nor half the times an advantage

This puts her where she is. I have never played the game (DOAD) seriously to even break it down. Seeing this about any character lets me know that they are not that good (not even a little), in the world of DOA.

If you're not arguing that she's actually better than other characters, then there's no point in the discussion. Played against a different character of perfectly equal skill, she will lose every time, because she sacrifices too much damage because of her lack of effective holds, in a game where holds overshadow everything else in terms of damage potential. Her predictability because of 3-point holds only makes it worse.

For your other posts, her PK doesn't launch. Her 3F+K will do what you stated, but it's 18 frames and loses to mids, not amazingly fast or good. She has NO frame traps at all; her safest moves leave her at neutral with the opponent which is not a trap by any means. Raidou doesn't have tricky lows out of his strings but he actually has some ways of forcing frame advantage on block (like 6P+K and qcfK). And obviously, he has holds.

She is abysmally bad, there really isn't any other way to put it... but everyone is a bad character in DOA4 and DOAD anyway.

MajesticBlue

Alpha 152 has frame traps. Her 7K can leave her at plus 2 on block. 66P and 6KKP both will leave you at plus 8 on block pretty good out of a string move with mixup (Iam sure some of it is slow escapable). Alot of her other moves that leave her at neutral are still an advantage in a game where everything is negative on block. Imo being at 0 frames can be a real effective trap if you know your matchups. Think like LJT.

I think that combined with her 3 frame low throw and 9 frame jab she has some pretty good tools. Also some of the best OH and throws in the game. Not to mention her juggles can do like half a health bar on largest pretty easily.

Her holds just make her the Doa equivalent of a glass cannon. Her best option I see out of them if she has to use them is block and try to interrupt later in the string or just block it all and counter attack.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD