Does Dimensions Tell us much about DoA5 gameplay? DOA5 Press Event!

MASTER

Standard Donor
Team Ninja is having a Press Only event in San Francisco on Wednesday Dec 7th And DOA5 WILL BE PLAYABLE! Lets hope the press really put some camera time on this game to see new stages, characters or game mechanics.

20110917_DOA5_KeyArt.jpg

TKP Press Staff will be there to check it out and ask questions or give suggestions so if you have something you want to them to tell team ninja, please post your thoughts here so that an E-mail can be sent to the TKP staff!

Original Link HERE

MASTER
:hayabusa:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
it's cool, after I made my post I had realized I gave the wrong day as well lol.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I believe if Manny answers my first two questions, you will have yours answered as well, Berzerk.

Raansu

Meaning we will either see nothing, or some off camera video of a bunch of people who have know idea how to play fighting games -_-. Don't get me wrong, I'm curious to see how far along the game is, just wish TN would do things similar to what Capcom and Namco have been doing lately. Wasn't SC5 and TTT2 available at NEC last weekend?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Who is going and are they experienced with the game?

I just heard through one of my press contacts that apparently Team NINJA requested no high level players be present for this build of the game. I can't say the contact for obvious reason, but the contact's words are of course unconfirmed.

What I suggest is wait to see what's going to happen in the future. Maybe TN is holding off to get a casual's take on any changes that they may have done to the system, or any events that might come in the future that will be to have "high level players" take a look at the game.

We'll just have to wait to see tomorrow.

Gill Hustle

Hmm . . . sorta off topic but if Tecmo started doing Location Testing in the states, where would be the best place for them to go?

I guess the west side might be an obvious choice but aren't more DOA players on the east?

I really don't know so I'm throwing that out.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Meaning we will either see nothing, or some off camera video of a bunch of people who have know idea how to play fighting games -_-. Don't get me wrong, I'm curious to see how far along the game is, just wish TN would do things similar to what Capcom and Namco have been doing lately. Wasn't SC5 and TTT2 available at NEC last weekend?
I guess both companies are trying to appeal to their target audiences; one wants experienced people to break down their games and provide better insight on what needs work, the other wants casuals who have never picked up a fighter to go "Ooooh... shiny! Explosions!" Want to take a guess as to which is which?

Raansu

I just heard through one of my press contacts that apparently Team NINJA requested no high level players be present for this build of the game. I can't say the contact for obvious reason, but the contact's words are of course unconfirmed.

What I suggest is wait to see what's going to happen in the future. Maybe TN is holding off to get a casual's take on any changes that they may have done to the system, or any events that might come in the future that will be to have "high level players" take a look at the game.

-_-

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator

-Lmao, this is what I told Sorwah on Aim. You know what is funny, even though Doa4(X05 build) was being played by scrubs, we did see a lot of new moves and properties....sigh....it looked like Doa3.1 on crack. I wish I could go back in time and assassinate Itagaki before he allowed the vf players to test Doa4. I will be in jail, but at least you guys will get a great game...lol

-If that is the case, we can have some mid tiered players play the game...lol.

Raansu

-Lmao, this is what I told Sorwah on Aim. You know what is funny, even though Doa4(X05 build) was being played by scrubs, we did see a lot of new moves and properties....sigh....it looked like Doa3.1 on crack. I wish I could go back in time and assassinate Itagaki before he allowed the vf players to test Doa4. I will be in jail, but at least you guys will get a great game...lol

Yikes >_> lol. I think there could of been a better approach to it haha. We would be lost without our DoA guru =P

Anyways, back to reality lol, you are right about X05 videos. The question right now is will we even see any footage? TN has a history of wanting everything to be behind closed doors. Despite all this, deep down I just want more. I see Capcom releasing full blown videos with in-depth explanations of their updates and new games and then you look at TN and its like ...well? Nothing? Cool, thanks -_-... I know the game is kind of still in early build so I should be more forgiving, but...ugh... -_- lol.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
The optimist in me thinks they are trying out new game play mechanics and dont want us to be in a frenzy. The Pessimist in me says that they are not too worried about our opinions, and will make the game they want to make.

With all the shit talking that was being made about how they are going to "advance" fighters, it would be in their best interest to get our inputs. Not necessarily so that it goes back to how previous doa games played(3.1), but so that we can flesh out any bumps and kinks they may have. This way the game will not come out half assed, they wont be embarrassed, and we will get the competitive game that we would appreciate.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hmm . . . sorta off topic but if Tecmo started doing Location Testing in the states, where would be the best place for them to go?

I guess the west side might be an obvious choice but aren't more DOA players on the east?

I really don't know so I'm throwing that out.

Make a new thread about it instead.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Sounds like they haven't done any major changes to the core system.

The question remains... is it because they are not ready to show us something they are proud of?

or is it because they don't want us to ruin potential sales for the game?

I really hope its the former. It needs to be.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like they haven't done any major changes to the core system.

The question remains... is it because they are not ready to show us something they are proud of?

or is it because they don't want us to ruin potential sales for the game?

I really hope its the former. It needs to be.

Either way they are fucked. I bet money that we are going to get a preview stating how the game: "looks shit loads better, and besides a few minute gameplay changes, it plays like any other doa. If you are good at doa4(dimensions), than you should be able to easily jump in". When we hear/read that shit, we are going to go ballistic. This will ruin potential sales. I truly hope that they are not going to give us another piss poor game, and that they are truely working on a gem.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Team Ninja is having a Press Only event in San Francisco on Wednesday Dec 7th And DOA5 WILL BE PLAYABLE! Lets hope the press really put some camera time on this game to see new stages, characters or game mechanics.

20110917_DOA5_KeyArt.jpg

TKP Press Staff will be there to check it out and ask questions or give suggestions so if you have something you want to them to tell team ninja, please post your thoughts here so that an E-mail can be sent to the TKP staff!

Original Link HERE

MASTER
:hayabusa:

Who will be attending this event? Do this person(s) know how to play the game?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD